Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: FTL on LH
Talking Confused about LH miles credited on Business Class (Z category)

Hi,

New here, but been actively reading up and trying to soak up the wealth of knowledge across the hundreds of forums

I make 1-2 trips on the DEL - BOS sector. This is generally Business Class (Z category). Last trip was in Jan '12 and I got credited over 35k miles which was good enough to extend my FTL status. My next trip is scheduled for Jan '13 on the same sector and same Z category. However, this time, the mileage calculator on LH tells me I will earn about 26k miles (including the 25% bonus).

Has something changed within this year that I completely missed out?

Keeping *S is quite useful for me as I travel on internal US flights within the trip and get advantage of the first check-in baggage being free (among other things).

So I was wondering if it makes sense to sign up for M+ on UA and benefit from the 25k miles req for *S. From what I have understood, I will be earning about 23k miles through this sector, plus the addition of internal flights on US Air or UA.

Quite confused but appreciate anyone's input.

Thanks,
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT and M&M forum, shack77!

Yes, the earning level of discounted Business booking classes changed on 1st September. Details are explained in this thread and M&M website. Z fares now earn 150% plus executive bonus instead of 200%.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...iles-more.html
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000390
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:20 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
Extension of Senator

Hi there

My current Senator card is valid until 02/14 (received it late in 2011). This week I also passed 100K for 2012. Does this mean my Senator will be extended for another two years until 02/16? The web site says it is still only valid to 2/14?

Many thanks
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:25 am

My husband and I will be flying CPH-FRA, FRA-MCO on LH in C. We have a choice between a 737 on LH, or a 321 on SK, for the CPH-FRA leg.

With the SK flight we'll have 1 hour, 45 minute connection time in FRA; the LH flight gives a 2 hour, 10 minute connection time. Since we don't want to miss the direct FRA-MCO, I thought we might be better off taking the LH connection from CPH which departs 35 minutes earlier.

But then I started reading about "bus arrivals" for connections in FRA and wondered if the LH flight on a 737 would have a bus arrival that could eat up those extra minutes anyway.

I'm guessing that seats and service on SK vs. LH for the short flight are similar, with the blocked middle seat and some refreshments served (morning flights - departing either 9.30 am or 10.05 am from CPH)?

Will we likely have time to visit the lounge upon arrival in FRA, prior to boarding our flight to MCO? We'll be transferring from Schengen to non-Schengen. Is it correct that if we're in the lounge prior to boarding, they'll announce when it's ready to board and we'll board via the lounge?

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eitlean
Hi there

My current Senator card is valid until 02/14 (received it late in 2011). This week I also passed 100K for 2012. Does this mean my Senator will be extended for another two years until 02/16? The web site says it is still only valid to 2/14?

Many thanks
Congratulations! Yes, your status will be extended until 02/16 but you won't see the new expiry date in your account until you receive your new card in late 2013.

I would keep a screenshot of the account or a monthly email showing the account balance if I were you.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SusanDK
My husband and I will be flying CPH-FRA, FRA-MCO on LH in C. We have a choice between a 737 on LH, or a 321 on SK, for the CPH-FRA leg.

With the SK flight we'll have 1 hour, 45 minute connection time in FRA; the LH flight gives a 2 hour, 10 minute connection time. Since we don't want to miss the direct FRA-MCO, I thought we might be better off taking the LH connection from CPH which departs 35 minutes earlier.

But then I started reading about "bus arrivals" for connections in FRA and wondered if the LH flight on a 737 would have a bus arrival that could eat up those extra minutes anyway.

I'm guessing that seats and service on SK vs. LH for the short flight are similar, with the blocked middle seat and some refreshments served (morning flights - departing either 9.30 am or 10.05 am from CPH)?

Will we likely have time to visit the lounge upon arrival in FRA, prior to boarding our flight to MCO? We'll be transferring from Schengen to non-Schengen. Is it correct that if we're in the lounge prior to boarding, they'll announce when it's ready to board and we'll board via the lounge?

Thanks!
1 hr 45 mins and 2 hr 10 mins should be both fine for a Schengen to US connection. Even if you arrive at a bus gate it could mean a shorter walk than arriving at the far end of Pier A to get to your departure gate almost certainly in Z.

Assuming your flight is on or after 10th October, there will be brand new lounges in the central atrium area of Pier A/Z. They do not announce flights in the lounge when they are ready to board and you don't board directly from the lounges contrary to some earlier speculation. Direct boarding from the lounges is only for C gates but most US departures will be from Z in future.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Congratulations! Yes, your status will be extended until 02/16 but you won't see the new expiry date in your account until you receive your new card in late 2013.

I would keep a screenshot of the account or a monthly email showing the account balance if I were you.
Many thanks for replying so quickly. I was worried you would reply that there was no point in achieving Senator again this year since I was already valid to 02/14 :-) I assume I'll also get two more etokens credited late 2013?

One final question if I may - what happens if I get more than 100K next year as well - will I simply get an extension to 2018?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:06 am

Thank you, NewbieRunner! Travel isn't until February, so the new lounges will be available - looking forward to it. Just trying to decide which connecting flight to book now, so we might opt for the extra half hour. It's been many years since I've been through FRA (mid-90's I believe was the last time).

On the return MCO-FRA, my husband would ideally like to get a shower before we connect from FRA-CPH. How much time should we plan for our return connection to do that? I assume we'd clear passport control and look for a lounge in the Schengen area, close to our departure gate for FRA-CPH to do that, which I understand would be an A/B gate.

Susan
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thank you, NewbieRunner! Travel isn't until February, so the new lounges will be available - looking forward to it. Just trying to decide which connecting flight to book now, so we might opt for the extra half hour. It's been many years since I've been through FRA (mid-90's I believe was the last time).

On the return MCO-FRA, my husband would ideally like to get a shower before we connect from FRA-CPH. How much time should we plan for our return connection to do that? I assume we'd clear passport control and look for a lounge in the Schengen area, close to our departure gate for FRA-CPH to do that, which I understand would be an A/B gate.

Susan
Since you are travelling in C, the best lounge for a shower is the Welcome Lounge which is landside but you will have to clear passport control in FRA in any case. It is open until 12:30 (last admission).

It's hard to tell where the flight to CPH will depart from at this stage but I would leave the lounge 45 mins before departure (unless it's gate A42!)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:31 am

Thank you!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eitlean
Many thanks for replying so quickly. I was worried you would reply that there was no point in achieving Senator again this year since I was already valid to 02/14 :-) I assume I'll also get two more etokens credited late 2013?

One final question if I may - what happens if I get more than 100K next year as well - will I simply get an extension to 2018?
Yes, you will receive two eVouchers in late 2013 or early 2014.

If you get more than 100K miles next year your status will not be extended until 2018. You can only requalify once in one of the two calendar years (2012 or 2013 in your case). Status miles you get next year could be counted as HON Circle miles (if earned on M&M airlines) but otherwise they don't count towards your status.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea as to what will be served in C on the FRA-MEX-FRA route in October?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrdisco
Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea as to what will be served in C on the FRA-MEX-FRA route in October?
The C menu for FRA-MEX in October may be found in this post.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19156215-post1116.html
Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: SEN
Could anyone please clarify the meaning of "flex-flight awards"?

Provision for the use of flex-flight awards:

For a supplement of 30,000 miles on the miles required for the flight award, the booked flights can be flown in any order.
Does this mean I could book a one-way award A to C with stopover in B and then fly B to C 2 weeks before flying A to B?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
First Basic Plus fare rule

This is probably a very dumb question, but as I've seen other newbie members being burned by LH fare rules before, here it goes:

Am I correct to understand that if I buy a "First Basic Plus" fare and need to cancel, I'll get a full refund minus the 400/500 USD penalty? As opposed to receiving 400/500 USD back and LH keeping 10k+USD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.