Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hugolover
After renewing SEN when do the additional vouchers post?
Normally beg. November of the 2nd year(providing you have already renewed by then)
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:08 am
CRJ

Programs: LX/LH Life Sen, QF Plat, HH Diamond
Angry Did eVouchers get Optimised?

Hi All... Just tried to upgrade Boss from Eco to Biz on JNB-ZRH and/or ZRH-YUL. Traditionally (decades!) this has always been very easy at a cost of 2 eVouchers per such longhaul sectors. Today I was asked for THREE eVouchers for each of these sectors. Huh? Optimisation LH-style? or load related? Explanation appreciated. Thks.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CRJ
Hi All... Just tried to upgrade Boss from Eco to Biz on JNB-ZRH and/or ZRH-YUL. Traditionally (decades!) this has always been very easy at a cost of 2 eVouchers per such longhaul sectors. Today I was asked for THREE eVouchers for each of these sectors. Huh? Optimisation LH-style? or load related? Explanation appreciated. Thks.
Were you booked in K, L or T fare class?

They were not previously upgrade eligible but now are with 3 eVouchers required.

See the chart in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33711535-post21.html
CRJ likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:13 am

Hi,

I'd like to use my evouchers for the very first time and I wonder, what are my chances for success in the following situation...

I have a LH flight to ICN in C coming up this month. One way is an A350 without F, but the return (at the beginning of May) is a B747 with F and it would be great if I could use the evouchers for the upgrade. M&M's Hotline agent verified my booking and confirmed that in general it qualifies for upgrade with evouchers. Unfortunately, my first request for upgrade, made through the agent, was denied (it didn't even make it to the wait list). Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that when I go into the booking details, there isn't even an option to bid on the $$ upgrade there. Maybe they're just waiting to see how demand develops, or maybe they won't offer F on this flight at all, despite having a cabin?

I'm wondering if there's a chance that possibility of upgrade with evouchers will show up closer to the date of my flight? Does it make any difference, if I try to get this upgrade using a form on the website mentioned in wiki, instead of calling the call center again?

I'm LH senator, if it makes any difference.
​​​
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi,

I'd like to use my evouchers for the very first time and I wonder, what are my chances for success in the following situation...

I have a LH flight to ICN in C coming up this month. One way is an A350 without F, but the return (at the beginning of May) is a B747 with F and it would be great if I could use the evouchers for the upgrade. M&M's Hotline agent verified my booking and confirmed that in general it qualifies for upgrade with evouchers. Unfortunately, my first request for upgrade, made through the agent, was denied (it didn't even make it to the wait list). Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that when I go into the booking details, there isn't even an option to bid on the $$ upgrade there. Maybe they're just waiting to see how demand develops, or maybe they won't offer F on this flight at all, despite having a cabin?

I'm wondering if there's a chance that possibility of upgrade with evouchers will show up closer to the date of my flight? Does it make any difference, if I try to get this upgrade using a form on the website mentioned in wiki, instead of calling the call center again?

I'm LH senator, if it makes any difference.
​​​
From your description of the aircraft it sounds like you are flying MUC-ICN and then ICN-FRA?

As far as I can tell ICN-FRA LH713 is scheduled to be operated by a 747-400 which does not have F.

However it's not even been that recently, LH has been using an A340-300 which indicates poor bookings.
​​​​​
tropikey likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:59 am

Yes, you're right It is LH713 ICN to FRA. However, according to details of my booking, at least for now, the flight will be operated on B747-8.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:09 am

Yes, you're right It is LH713 ICN to FRA. However, according to details of my booking, at least for now, the flight will be operated on B747-8.
What date are you flying?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:22 am

2nd of May.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:29 am

2nd of May.
So despite it showing 74H / 747-8 there are no F fare buckets in the system which means an almost guaranteed equipment swap.

There is no F seat map and the J one includes the F seats.

tropikey likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:38 am

Thank you very much for checking this out (well, not so much, as result seems to be not positive for me ).
In such case, I'll have to wait for other opportunity for use of my evouchers.
However, purely hypothetically, if they don't change the aircraft and the flight is really operated by B747-8, do you think that there is a chance for upgrade with evouchers?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:14 pm

Thank you very much for checking this out (well, not so much, as result seems to be not positive for me ).
In such case, I'll have to wait for other opportunity for use of my evouchers.
However, purely hypothetically, if they don't change the aircraft and the flight is really operated by B747-8, do you think that there is a chance for upgrade with evouchers?
Hard to say.

If they open up the F fare buckets that would open the path for an upgrade to be possible.

The current state means getting an F seat is a premium seat reservation with J service levels.
tropikey likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
So I would like to have some confirmed opinions from expert flyers regarding the upgrade with eVoucher...
as per my understanding from this chart post by Oliver 2002, if i have a flight LX in Economy booking class S, i can use 2 eVoucher for upgrade to C, flying from NA to Eu.
thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
So I would like to have some confirmed opinions from expert flyers regarding the upgrade with eVoucher...
as per my understanding from this chart post by Oliver 2002, if i have a flight LX in Economy booking class S, i can use 2 eVoucher for upgrade to C, flying from NA to Eu.
thanks.
Correct!

pd only one way and it would be just for the TATL segment, no upgrade for hypothetical connections
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by more4less
Correct!

pd only one way and it would be just for the TATL segment, no upgrade for hypothetical connections
thanks. yes i do understand the T&C is for "one segment" only. thats good enough for me.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Guys, I need some help here with burning 4 vouchers on a 3-leg, one-way flight from WAW to SYD.

Basically I'm looking at:
WAW-FRA (LO)
FRA-SIN (LH)
SIN-SYD (SQ)

Because premium economy is now another step up the upgrade ladder, and the fact that it costs only about 20% than a Y flight, it seems to make a lot more sense to buy a premium econ ticket and upgrade to biz.

Is it feasible to book such a ticket and then use 2x2 vouchers to upgrade from prem to biz on the FRA-SIN and SIN-SYD segments only? Can I check before-hand that such an upgrade using vouchers will be available so that I don't buy a ticket and then find out I cannot use those vouchers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.