Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
..It is correct that it is not technically possible to use evouchers on a codeshare.
That was my view too, as officially they did need 48 hours to be applied. But that seems to be more policy than IT necessity.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
That was my view too, as officially they did need 48 hours to be applied. But that seems to be more policy than IT necessity.
It is policy not IT
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
My experience is that SEN status makes you jump the WL and get pushed to the top automatically and once the revenue management does its monthly calculations you get your upgrade. So if there is a reclaculation left in June, life will be good for any SEN listed with (anyones) evoucher
how about anyone listed with SEN's vouchers? Requested an upgrade for a statusless friend on OS on April 9, flight is due on June 27 and slowly filling up (Y9 B1, rest zeroed out), C wide open (P6, everything else 9 ), several recalculations were supposed to have happened since the day it was waitlisted and still no joy. I'm slowly mentally preparing to accept the inevitable...
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
how about anyone listed with SEN's vouchers? Requested an upgrade for a statusless friend on OS on April 9, flight is due on June 27 and slowly filling up (Y9 B1, rest zeroed out), C wide open (P6, everything else 9 ), several recalculations were supposed to have happened since the day it was waitlisted and still no joy. I'm slowly mentally preparing to accept the inevitable...
This is how evouchers work for me on LX .... and technically, I am still a SEN .

Shocking to hear that things are not much better chez OS.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
how about anyone listed with SEN's vouchers?
The status of the passenger matters, not the sponsor.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:00 am

The status of the passenger matters, not the sponsor.
Is there such a rule??? As officially the SEN must be part of the traveling party, such a distinction makes no sense whatsoever.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Is there such a rule??? As officially the SEN must be part of the traveling party...
This assumption of yours is not correct.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Need some help as I have only redeemed eVouchers once for my parents from C to F on LH.

This time around I'm thinking of purchasing econ. saver tickets on LO on the WAW-YYZ-WAW route (flying out 23.09.2013 - returning 30.09.2013) for 2 pax to check out the Boeing 787. The person holding the eVouchers (lifetime SEN) will not be part of the travelling party.

Is there any way I can ensure that I will be able to make the upgrade for two pax? Tickets are non-refundable so I wouldn't want to get stuck in econ.

Also, I take it I would be getting bumped only from Y to prem Y, right?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
As officially the SEN must be part of the traveling party, such a distinction makes no sense whatsoever.
Or HON!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there such a rule??? As officially the SEN must be part of the traveling party, such a distinction makes no sense whatsoever.
I have had passengers fly without me using my evouchers and it is completely OK.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
So is there any way to check if I will be able to make an upgrade before booking 2x non-refundable tix in econ? Either on LO or LH?

Thinking of the latter now as I would be upgraded from Y to C whereas on LO's 787 I guess I'd be looking at Y to premium econ.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LO is M to C. You can always cancel within 24h?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:12 am

Not sure if it's a system wide policy for them, or just for TATL flights to comply with the DOT regulations.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:49 am

So M is like econ saver or something similar, so straight from there to C on the 787?

I don't think free cancellations are allowed for online bookings on lower fares, either with LO or LH,
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:58 am

Just read the T&C:

Code:
4.3 Special upgrade terms and conditions
4.3.1 For Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Air Canada, Air China, Air Dolomiti, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines Group, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SWISS, TAM, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways International, Turkish Airlines, United, US Airways and Condor*

On Condor, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class (booking classes Y, O, Z) and upgrades from Premium Economy Class to Comfort Class are not possible. Only upgrades from Economy Class (no booking class is excluded) to Comfort Class are possible. The values contained in column B, Y apply.
    With LOT, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class are not possible. Upgrades from Premium Economy Class (booking classes P and A) to Business Class are possible via the local Service Centre (not online).
    On Luxair, upgrades are only possible for bookings in booking classes M, Y and K.
    Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.
        On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
            Adria Airways (JP) A, E, G, K, L, O, Q, S, V, W
            Austrian Airlines Group (OS) E, L, K
            Croatia Airlines (OU) A, E, F, J, K, L, M, T, O, U
            SWISS (LX) E, L, K
            Lufthansa (LH) E, L, K
            Air Dolomiti (EN) E, L, K
            LOT Polish Airlines (LO) G, S, T, V, L, O, U, W
            Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L
        On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
            LOT Polish Airlines (LO) G, S, T, V, L, O, U, W
            SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
            Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
            Lufthansa (LH) E, K, L, P, T, Z
            Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, T
Upgrading from eco to C should be possible with evouchers on LO. LH definitely has a 24h free cancellation policy for web bookings in case you make a mistake (only the OPC/TSC is retained), I think LO has too, just call their internet helpline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.