Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My Dec 13 upgrade WL just confirmed last night, ie T-178days.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by aster
For Y > C upgrades I need to get from SIN to FRA and back, flying out this Sunday (June 23) or Mon/Tue and coming back 8 days later. Are upgrades going to be very hard to score on this route on their A380 (given that the MUC connection no longer seems to be around)?
June upgrades will always be hard as people try to burn their eVouchers ....
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
June upgrades will always be hard as people try to burn their eVouchers ....
But technically you can burn vouchers today (before they expire at the month's end) for travel in a few months' time, right? Or do you actually need to physically travel before the expiry date?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:47 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Trying to use my last evouchers for a Z-A upgrade on LX. I believe LX upgrades still book into A class, right? Now, I've checked a number of flights on LX that I could potentially book in Z class and when I call LX they say all A class is sold out but when I call LH SEN line they say they can generally see between A2 or A3 available.

I know I can't upgrade a ticket that isn't issued, yet (although online when I entered my reservation detail on the upgrade tool it let me go and select the flights to upgrade...I just didn't click on the next step for the upgrade verification). Assuming I need a ticket number to upgrade, will LH be able to upgrade the LX booking as they see A availability or will they need to call LX and will be told no A class available? No one from LH could answer that question and they also don't understand why their availability is different from what LX can see.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Trying to use my last evouchers for a Z-A upgrade on LX. I believe LX upgrades still book into A class, right? Now, I've checked a number of flights on LX that I could potentially book in Z class and when I call LX they say all A class is sold out but when I call LH SEN line they say they can generally see between A2 or A3 available.

I know I can't upgrade a ticket that isn't issued, yet (although online when I entered my reservation detail on the upgrade tool it let me go and select the flights to upgrade...I just didn't click on the next step for the upgrade verification). Assuming I need a ticket number to upgrade, will LH be able to upgrade the LX booking as they see A availability or will they need to call LX and will be told no A class available? No one from LH could answer that question and they also don't understand why their availability is different from what LX can see.
From the little I understand about evoucher usage on Swiss there are actually two different "A" classes.....
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
But technically you can burn vouchers today (before they expire at the month's end) for travel in a few months' time, right? Or do you actually need to physically travel before the expiry date?
This is possible, right? And how would this work if an eVoucher upgrade is... waitlisted? Will the voucher expire with the upgrade request be cancelled if everything doesn't clear by the expiry date?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Will the voucher expire with the upgrade request be cancelled if everything doesn't clear by the expiry date?
The voucher expires, the WL remains. If they WL clears later, it will try to pull the evoucher(s) from the sponsors account. If there are none, the upgrade will fail.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:30 am

Yikes, so everything has to clear before expiry...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:46 am

aster, book already... you could have WL-ed your booking a week ago.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Sydfly

Probably a point of sale issue or married segment issue.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The voucher expires, the WL remains. If they WL clears later, it will try to pull the evoucher(s) from the sponsors account. If there are none, the upgrade will fail.
That is even worse than disallowing it as you do not get any warning .
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
After almost 3 months of waiting, evouchers cleared (originally S bucket) for a flight on June 27, without the donor travelling. That was a close call.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Burned my last 2 eVouchers for a flight from BKK-SIN on TG on New Years for 2 pax (1 eVoucher each) using LH *A online upgrade. Not the greatest use and I had to buy a TG B fare for that return sector, but better than letting them go to waste with no predictable long-haul sectors in sight anytime soon. At least we will get priority check-in / security / immigration and 30min massage at Royal Orchid Spa. ANA tool was reliable showing TG C inventory.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:52 pm

Since the (generous^) give away of upgrade instruments falls into the purview of the coupon connection I have moved one generous post from this thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupo...evouchers.html

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LO is M to C. You can always cancel within 24h?
Let me just double check this - only very expensive economy flex (long-distance 'M') is upgradeable to C on the LO Dreamliner? The wiki info excludes 'G, S, T, V, L, O, U, W' from intercontinental routes, but econ-flex is can be Q, K, H, E...

I just checked some dates and econ flex costs 2x more than econ saver. In fact econ flex costs more than semi-flex premium econ.

Last edited by aster; Jun 22, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.