Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.714 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

To the right queue? Are there different queues?
Yes, plus NR was HON at the time, that helped clear up things instantly

My experience is that SEN status makes you jump the WL and get pushed to the top automatically and once the revenue management does its monthly calculations you get your upgrade. So if there is a reclaculation left in June, life will be good for any SEN listed with (anyones) evoucher
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, plus NR was HON at the time, that helped clear up things instantly

My experience is that SEN status makes you jump the WL and get pushed to the top automatically and once the revenue management does its monthly calculations you get your upgrade. So if there is a reclaculation left in June, life will be good for any SEN listed with (anyones) evoucher
Thanks. I was going to page you for an explanation but you got there first.

However, I believe you could be unlucky and end up talking to a clueless agent.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.714 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I don't talk to any agent. My TA does the upgrades and sometimes they clear, sometimes not. Assume it was the same that you used .
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I don't talk to any agent. My TA does the upgrades and sometimes they clear, sometimes not. Assume it was the same that you used .
I think so. But I have also upgraded with eVouchers online and by talking to an M&M agent.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
weero, you have been planning to loose your SENhood since years, how come you are struggling now...?
It is an ugly divorce.

But by murdering ugs from Z and crippling earnings from P&Z, SENhood became unaffordable and non-viable for me. So from 2014 onward, I shall be a smelly, little FTL.
..My experience is that SEN status makes you jump the WL and get pushed to the top automatically and once the revenue management does its monthly calculations you get your upgrade..
But that is LH, not LX, right?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by weero
But by murdering ugs from Z...
Upgrades from Z are still alive and kicking with LX. ^ I wouldn't waste eVouchers or miles for F on LX 343 but my last op-up was on LX from Z to F.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I just called the USA SEN desk, who told me that codeshare flights on LH metal *would not* be able to be upgraded at check-in (at the airport), regardless.

Has LH's policy now changed to prevent us from using our LH (relatively useless) instruments at the airport?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I just called the USA SEN desk, who told me that codeshare flights on LH metal *would not* be able to be upgraded at check-in (at the airport), regardless.

Has LH's policy now changed to prevent us from using our LH (relatively useless) instruments at the airport?
My boss' friend just scored an instrument ug on an LH flight the silly TA booked as codeshare. So the system seems to allow it ex certain stations ... not sure about the policy though.

Would be a nice icing on the crap-cake codeshares are already these days. No proper seat assignment, no advance upgrade, it takes a Ph.D. to calculate the mile earnings, and an AK47 to convince M&M to actually credit them afterward.
They are like a pitch filled burning moat without a bridge. Just the "do not use under any circumstance" sign went missing somehow.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
My boss' friend just scored an instrument ug on an LH flight the silly TA booked as codeshare. So the system seems to allow it ex certain stations ... not sure about the policy though.
Not sure why, but LH won't even sell that set of flights on their own website!

Probably as has already overbooked their flight/s and UA has not been advised of this as of yet.

*Or* they have sold off / allocated inventory to UA and/or OTA's who are also showing these flights...
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:32 am

Not sure why, but LH won't even sell that set of flights on their own website!

Probably as has already overbooked their flight/s and UA has not been advised of this as of yet.

*Or* they have sold off / allocated inventory to UA and/or OTA's who are also showing these flights...
Cannot even select my seats on M&M.com as SEN after changing my FF to M&M - I am able to select in Y, but the system bounces me back into some other (ridiculous) *middle* seats...

Edited to Add:Called SEN line in FRA and they were able to allocate the seats ^, as the online system wouldn't allow the FF change for some reason. However, she is *also* confirming that no LH instruments possible to upgrade codeshares - very interesting - will probably not be flying much LH then in the future...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jun 9, 2013 at 2:01 am
Old Jun 9, 2013, 2:12 am

Edited to Add:Called SEN line in FRA and they were able to allocate the seats ^, as the online system wouldn't allow the FF change for some reason. However, she is *also* confirming that no LH instruments possible to upgrade codeshares - very interesting - will probably not be flying much LH then in the future...
So, go back to check the seatmaps, *after* receiving a *confirmed* e-mail with seats from LH with both flights in the seats I requested, and the first sector's seat was *again* bumped somewhere else!!

Went back into M&M.com and reselected seat for first sector - seems it has stuck.

I might just cancel this and book with a TA if they can see the LH flights - no need to sit in Y with instruments that I have in hand!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 2:22 am

..I might just cancel this and book with a TA if they can see the LH flights - no need to sit in Y with instruments that I have in hand!
I am much more surprised that you a) mess around with codeshares in the face of your extensive exprience and b) that you dare to online check-in and the likes after your received the email....
Old Jun 9, 2013, 2:24 am

I am much more surprised that you a) mess around with codeshares in the face of your extensive exprience and b) that you dare to online check-in and the likes after your received the email....
First time in a long time!

Wasn't really OLCI, but rather seat allocation online with M&M...just trying to get the PQM from UA on my cc, but not really worth it these days, eh?

(And LH.com won't show the direct BOM-EWR UA flight - but they don't even show their own outbound flights available!)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jun 9, 2013 at 2:42 am
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I "mess around" quite often with codeshares generally due to IM issues.

It is correct that it is not technically possible to use evouchers on a codeshare.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I "mess around" quite often with codeshares generally due to IM issues.

It is correct that it is not technically possible to use evouchers on a codeshare.
I just cancelled that booking, will try again with an OTA or a TA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.