Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, LH M&M, AF, SAS
2 eVoucher

Dear fellow Flyertalk'ers,

I have two LH eVouchers that will expire June 30, 2013 and I am not flying on LH over the next few month. So I was wondering if I can use it for anything else?

apederse
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A gentle reminder that the only place for trading/giveaways of upgrade instruments on FT is CC:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, LH M&M, AF, SAS
RE: 2 eVoucher

Thank you oliver2002 for the kind reminder.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:04 pm

I've been on a waitlist for evoucher upgrades from Y to I on two LH flights next month. Today I realised that one of those flights is showing award availability, but my waitlist hasn't been cleared. Anyone experienced this before? Will calling M&M help?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Upgrades come from a different I bucket than awards. Don't ask me why Also the combo of where the ticket was purchased and the combination of origin and destination plays a role. Sending it to the queue that normally clears award or revenue waitlists doesn't help either

You just have to be patient and wait for the regular inventory recalcs T-(1-7days): daily
T-(7-28 days): weekly
T-(28+days): monthly
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Upgrades come from a different I bucket than awards. Don't ask me why Also the combo of where the ticket was purchased and the combination of origin and destination plays a role. Sending it to the queue that normally clears award or revenue waitlists doesn't help either

You just have to be patient and wait for the regular inventory recalcs T-(1-7days): daily
T-(7-28 days): weekly
T-(28+days): monthly
Oh didn't realise there were 2 separate I buckets!

Anyway, EF shows both flights as J9 C9 D9 Z9, so hopefully it'll work out.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Upgrades come from a different I bucket than awards. Don't ask me why Also the combo of where the ticket was purchased and the combination of origin and destination plays a role.
Oliver,
Do you know if redeeming e-vouchers is linked to married segments process or it is not?

For example if you want to upgrade a sector that is not available as a married segment while it's still available as separate segment. I'm talking here mainly about LX upgrading from Z fare to first class using e-vouchers.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:33 am

I think MSC does play a role (with LH)... I have a few segments on WL where I is wide open. The ticket is AAA-BBB-CCC-BBB-DDD. A-B cleared instantly, B-C-B is open but went on WL for me, B-D is available, but a day flight which I'm happy to leave in whY.

LX I have no clue, but I know for sure LX BSL is happy to investigate and help with any LX operated flights on WL @:-)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:20 pm

A gentle reminder that the only place for trading/giveaways of upgrade instruments on FT is CC:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Hello - I couldn't get into this forum area ...[redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 26, 2013 at 12:38 am Reason: no offers please
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Oliver,
Do you know if redeeming e-vouchers is linked to married segments process or it is not?

For example if you want to upgrade a sector that is not available as a married segment while it's still available as separate segment. I'm talking here mainly about LX upgrading from Z fare to first class using e-vouchers.
With LH it does play a role I think based solely on my own experiences.

LX I am not sure how their information system treats this. I do find that LX is more flexible in opening up WL unless the flight is heavily sold in F (talking about upgrade Z/D/C>F).
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by HiTs
Hello - I couldn't get into this forum area ...[redacted]
You need to be on FT for 180 days and have posted a minimum of 180 times.

More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ed-issues.html
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:28 pm

Lufthansa eVoucher for upgrade on United flight?

Quick question:

My mum has Lufthansa Star Alliance Silver and with her upgrade in card received two eVouchers. Is it possible to redeem these on a United flight for an upgrade from Economy to Business? The ticket class on the United Flight is X, and it is for a flight in May to LHR from EWR.

Thanks in advance for the help! I would have called Miles and More but they are closed today.

Cheers
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:37 pm

I guess your mother has been upgraded from silver (FTL) to gold (SEN).
She can use the 2 evouchers on UA as long as the booking class is B or Y. 2 evouchers for 1 longhaul segment.
For EWR-LHR she is booked in an award booking class (X) which can not be upgraded with miles or evouchers.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:41 am

Expiry and booking question

This is probably obvious, but not to me ...

I have two vouchers expiring end of June, but my next relevant upgradable flight isn't until July - if I use them by the end of June, is that sufficient, even the flight is later? That is, is the expiry for using to upgrade or for the flight date itself?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tartegnin
I have two vouchers expiring end of June, but my next relevant upgradable flight isn't until July - if I use them by the end of June, is that sufficient, even the flight is later? That is, is the expiry for using to upgrade or for the flight date itself?
You'll be fine as long as the upgrade clears before the end of June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.