Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Will let you know Monday night
Thanks- I have two upcoming flights transatlantic where this would be super useful and eight evouchers expiring next year...
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ambrogz
can i give my evouchers to my partner and not flying together?
Yes you can. See the first wikipost on this thread.

Can I apply my evouchers to a Z-fare ticket at the gate? I know that "Z" is officially not eligible. Will they accept it for a HON, space available? Your experience?
I doubt it, the booking class is probably hard coded in Pictures not to allow an upgrade.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:44 pm

LH did not accept my evouchers for an upgrade of my Z-class ticket. I checked in at the FCT and was told so in a polite but firm way.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH did not accept my evouchers for an upgrade of my Z-class ticket. I checked in at the FCT and was told so in a polite but firm way.
That is what I thought- the only way to use evouchers with Z class now is LX.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
That is what I thought- the only way to use evouchers with Z class now is LX.
Yes, "now waivers - no favors" on LH, it seems.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: M&M SEN + OW Gold + HH Gold + Club Carlson Gold + SPG Gold
How manny Vouchers would then VIE-WAW-TBS on LO in T be? I know that TBS is within Europe, but on point upgrades the amount is higher to Caucasus than to the rest of Europe.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nord
How manny Vouchers would then VIE-WAW-TBS on LO in T be? I know that TBS is within Europe, but on point upgrades the amount is higher to Caucasus than to the rest of Europe.

Be careful though not to get stuck with an odd number of evouchers as afterwards it is qutie difficult to use up the remaining 1 unless you plan to visit TBS frequently.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: LH Senator ★
I was a Senator flying on Z ticket.
They were overbooked in business and had 3 empty seats in F.
I asked 2 hours in advance about using evouchers to upgrade to F.

Sir, but you are on a Z ticket.
Well yes, but you have oversold your cabin and need to upgrade someone, right?
We cannot do it sir, do you want to upfare your Z-class to J-class and try again?
No thanks ...
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

BTW, if someone sponsors you for an upgrade and works the M&M upgrade tool and there is no availability, the tool normally places you in the WL
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
We cannot do it sir, do you want to upfare your Z-class to J-class and try again?
They are greedy. Taking in consideration you already had a Biz class ticket and were willing to upgrade to F, they could have offered to upfare to D.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
BTW, if someone sponsors you for an upgrade and works the M&M upgrade tool and there is no availability, the tool normally places you in the WL
Hi oliver2002,

if I want to upgrade Mrs more4less from P to F on LX with evouchers, do I have to contact M&M by phone or it is possible to do it through the M&M webpage? I understand that I will not be able to see the LX bookings on the M&M webpage or I am wrong?

Thanks,
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:32 pm

Try it on the phone to LX BSL, they can do it. Else ask them for the Amadeus booking code, then work you magic via the M&M *A upgrade interface.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Try it on the phone to LX BSL, they can do it. Else ask them for the Amadeus booking code, then work you magic via the M&M *A upgrade interface.
Thanks very much oliver2002!

Big asset FT and many colleagues here.^
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG

Be careful though not to get stuck with an odd number of evouchers as afterwards it is qutie difficult to use up the remaining 1 unless you plan to visit TBS frequently.
+1, i am stuck with 1 evoucher. still trying to find use for the same. what a headache. may have to let it expire in june!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
+1, i am stuck with 1 evoucher. still trying to find use for the same. what a headache. may have to let it expire in june!
If you are headed to the USA for any trips one of the very best uses is to upgrade to first on a United transcon flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.