Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:27 am

good news - thanks Newbierunner for the quick reply!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:46 am

oops - already back with another question? Earlier posts suggest that not all fares can be upgraded with vouchers. I tried the link in one of the posts but it doesn't work, so I tried the LH terms and conditions, but didn't see it (only reference seems to be fares for miles upgrades).

Does anyone have the fare buckets for business which cannot be upgraded with vouchers. Hard to tell, but it seems like the fare I'm being quoted is a "BX" fare (business excursion) ... or, if I understand correctly, the fare basis is PNCZSRW - does that mean anything to anyone?

Last edited by Tartegnin; Apr 29, 2013 at 10:03 am Reason: added fare basis
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tartegnin
oops - already back with another question? Earlier posts suggest that not all fares can be upgraded with vouchers. I tried the link in one of the posts but it doesn't work, so I tried the LH terms and conditions, but didn't see it (only reference seems to be fares for miles upgrades).

Does anyone have the fare buckets for business which cannot be upgraded with vouchers. Hard to tell, but it seems like the fare I'm being quoted is a "BX" fare (business excursion) ... or, if I understand correctly, the fare basis is PNCZSRW - does that mean anything to anyone?
Have you tried the link in the wiki post?
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

Which airline are you flying and is it a codeshare? Usually the first letter of the fare basis is the booking class but whether P booking class can be upgraded or not depends on the airline.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Int'l long haul C-fare with requested upgrade to first class with vouchers. Segment shows availability for award redemption in first class. Upgrade request still shows WLed at T-24h.

Any ramifications of OLCI? Should I check in? From what I understand, once I check-in, only the airport would be able to process upgrade?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Have you tried the link in the wiki post?
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

Which airline are you flying and is it a codeshare? Usually the first letter of the fare basis is the booking class but whether P booking class can be upgraded or not depends on the airline.
Thanks, and yes, I tried the link, but it won't work for me. The return flights are on LH (flight number and metal). I can probably book other partner airlines instead, if that makes it easier, or even book with a different fare basis if it's worthwhile to get the upgrade. I have the reservation on hold for another couple of days.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
P & Z cannot be used to upgrade with evouchers on LH metal.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tartegnin
Thanks, and yes, I tried the link, but it won't work for me. The return flights are on LH (flight number and metal). I can probably book other partner airlines instead, if that makes it easier, or even book with a different fare basis if it's worthwhile to get the upgrade. I have the reservation on hold for another couple of days.
With P&Z fare classes you can only use evouchers from M&M on a flight which is both LX metal and flight number.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
LX upgrade question: If the flight has F6A6 load in first class, does it mean that the upgrade request using e-vouchers should clear immediately after being waitlisted or it would take some time to change?
Old May 3, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Gift Evoucher

Hello everyone,

Is there any possibility that I use an Evoucher from a Miles and more Senator, to upgrade my longhaul LH from economy to business? ( I am not a member of miles & more)

Thank you!^
Old May 3, 2013, 6:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BAFIRST
Hello everyone,

Is there any possibility that I use an Evoucher from a Miles and more Senator, to upgrade my longhaul LH from economy to business? ( I am not a member of miles & more)

Thank you!^
Yes, as long as your ticket is eligible for an upgrade (not E, K, L or T) and an upgrade award seat in business is available on your flight. Note that you need two eVouchers to upgrade a longhaul flight.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, as long as your ticket is eligible for an upgrade (not E, K, L or T) and an upgrade award seat in business is available on your flight. Note that you need two eVouchers to upgrade a longhaul flight.
Thank you NewbieRunner!

So I guess that if my economy ticket is an award redemption it is not possible to upgrade with an evoucher, right?

Again, Thank you!
Old May 3, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAFIRST
Thank you NewbieRunner!

So I guess that if my economy ticket is an award redemption it is not possible to upgrade with an evoucher, right?

Again, Thank you!
You are correct unfortunately BAFIRST.
Old May 3, 2013, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
You are correct unfortunately BAFIRST.
I'll stick to economy then

Thank you TRAVELSIG!
Old May 4, 2013, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I have 6 eVouchers remaining which I got for HON requalification in November 2011.
Are these valid until November 2013 or even until the end of my current HON period which is 02/2014?
Old May 4, 2013, 4:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Made me wonder too..... This is what I found:

eVouchers accrued up to 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months and will not expire until 1 July 2013.
eVouchers accrued between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 likewise will not expire until 1 July 2013 and therefore have a validity of up to 36 months.
All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.

So they are valid for 2 years...would be helpfull though to see the expiry date in your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.