Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by allanhuk
I have 4 vouchers expiring June 2013 and plan to visit friends in the US in September.

Does anyone know whether I can use eVouchers before expiry date for flights after?
Yes you can. There are several posts confirming this.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I am curious as to when is the best time to utilise eVouchers in terms of simply being able to do so? I mean if you were to book as far ahead as the booking engine allows and there were no seats taken in F for instance then would you be absolutely guaranteed to see an eVoucher go through? Or do these things open up once the departure date is a bit closer and there are still no real-money bookings occupying seats?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aster
I am curious as to when is the best time to utilise eVouchers in terms of simply being able to do so? I mean if you were to book as far ahead as the booking engine allows and there were no seats taken in F for instance then would you be absolutely guaranteed to see an eVoucher go through? Or do these things open up once the departure date is a bit closer and there are still no real-money bookings occupying seats?
If O class is open your evouchers clear right away on LH.

With LX it is not possible to see online- however if you ask your TA they can check with LX who will tell them if the evoucher can clear at time of ticketing or not.

In general- using evouchers- it has been quite rare in my experience to miss an upgrade with the exception of a few days out of GRU or PVG- two of the routes where there is very high F demand paid for AFAIK.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
If O class is open your evouchers clear right away on LH.

With LX it is not possible to see online- however if you ask your TA they can check with LX who will tell them if the evoucher can clear at time of ticketing or not.

In general- using evouchers- it has been quite rare in my experience to miss an upgrade with the exception of a few days out of GRU or PVG- two of the routes where there is very high F demand paid for AFAIK.
Using evouchers on LX is easy.
They book into A class...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

evoucher reminder

As a reminder (to me)- evoucher on LH metal and ticketed as a codeshare (i.e. flight operated by Lufthansa however codeshared as AC)- OK or no way?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Codeshares cannot be upgraded in advance, so: no way, José!

Edit: But at the airport you can use evouchers at the day of departure, even if codeshare.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Codeshares cannot be upgraded in advance, so: no way, José!

Edit: But at the airport you can use evouchers at the day of departure, even if codeshare.
Even if ticketed on (non) 220 stock? If yes this is good news.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No problem, when checkin opens the data is transferred to Pictures and irregardless of the underlying coupon or marketed flight number you can upgrade.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem, when checkin opens the data is transferred to Pictures and irregardless of the underlying coupon or marketed flight number you can upgrade.
Thanks Oliver!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:19 pm

Warning - same doesn't apply to Swiss operated flights!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lack
Warning - same doesn't apply to Swiss operated flights!
Good to know. In this case it was LH metal- the only Swiss codeshares I seem to have been on are the other way around- LX flight number and operating metal by others.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:38 am

Question evoucher expireing

deleted

Last edited by sunseeker; Mar 8, 2013 at 4:50 am Reason: required info found here...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:50 am

Merged the thread into recent thread(s) of the same topic and wikified the thread for a summary. Please let me know if you want to add any further info to the wiki.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:34 am

I have 22 evouchers expiring on June 30.

Question: Do I need to use them on flights that happen before June 30, or do I just need to have called M&M before June 30 and applied them to flights (even if those flights should happen after June 30)?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I have 22 evouchers expiring on June 30.

Question: Do I need to use them on flights that happen before June 30, or do I just need to have called M&M before June 30 and applied them to flights (even if those flights should happen after June 30)?
Wow! Yes, you can use them on flights departing after June 30 provided you apply them before June 30. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.