Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Updated the wiki!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:05 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
dont remember exactly, but I know I read it somewhere already:

Should you be getting two new evouchers every year you qualify for SEN, even though its not your actual qualifying year? Or do you only get the two evouchers every two years when you are actually supposed to qualify for sen?

Lets say the first time one qualified for sen was 2010 which means youd get 2 evouchers.
Would you get another two in 2011 or only in 2012?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:48 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mxr
dont remember exactly, but I know I read it somewhere already:

Should you be getting two new evouchers every year you qualify for SEN, even though its not your actual qualifying year? Or do you only get the two evouchers every two years when you are actually supposed to qualify for sen?

Lets say the first time one qualified for sen was 2010 which means youd get 2 evouchers.
Would you get another two in 2011 or only in 2012?
You only receive two new eVouchers when you actually requalify as SEN, so two vouchers every two years.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

And when you rack up 300k HON Circle miles in two years

Loyalty promotion for Senators
01/03/2013

When you first become a Senator and with each renewal of your status, you will receive valuable eVouchers* as a thank you for your loyalty. These enable you to enjoy an upgrade to the next highest class of travel.

This year, you will also receive two eVouchers, when you have earned more than 300,000 HON Circle miles in both calendar years 2012 and 2013.

This is a continuation of our 2012 loyalty promotion for Senators in 2013.

Note: one eVoucher allows you to upgrade and fly in a higher travel class on a continental flight. For an intercontinental flight, you will need two eVouchers to upgrade. You can redeem the eVouchers online, via your Miles & More Service Centre or simply at the airport.

Please note that certain Business and Economy Class booking classes are not eligible for upgrades.

* eVouchers credited electronically remain valid for 24 months.
Earlier (pre 2004) the evoucher used be an incentive to continue to credit to M&M even after fulfilling the SEN requirements: you used to get a voucher every 50k status miles earned... <sniff>
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Wow! Yes, you can use them on flights departing after June 30 provided you apply them before June 30. Good luck!
It is doable- I managed to burn 18 of them this year, all of which were due to expire by June 30. Now have one left, which will have to be written off unless I do something pointless like a PMI-MUC shorthaul upgrade.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
So I've dropped from SEN to FTL but still have 5 eVouchers remaining. Can I still use them even though I'm only FTL?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Savage25
So I've dropped from SEN to FTL but still have 5 eVouchers remaining. Can I still use them even though I'm only FTL?
Yes- not a problem at all. Do remember to watch the expiry dates.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Yes- not a problem at all. Do remember to watch the expiry dates.
Thanks! That's why I want to use them after years of ignoring them - they're expiring in June.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Booking in D

Hi,

I know there has been some posts about this matter but after some searching I could not find the answer.

Can someone advise how to book on-line in D? I am trying in different ways but I always end up in Z.

I guess a solution would be to contact a TA but I would prefer to save the 80/90 euros they charge for issuing the ticket.

Thanks,
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by more4less
I guess a solution would be to contact a TA but I would prefer to save the 80/90 euros they charge for issuing the ticket.
Why do you think that? The TAs mentioned here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...endations.html

don't charge that amount? AFAIK its lower than the OPC you are slapped with on lh.de plus they will take care of the upgrading with evouchers etc.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Why do you think that? The TAs mentioned here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...endations.html

don't charge that amount? AFAIK its lower than the OPC you are slapped with on lh.de plus they will take care of the upgrading with evouchers etc.
Thanks very much oliver2002,

80/90e was what they were charging in Spain a couple of years ago.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
evouchers

can i give my evouchers to my partner and not flying together?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:38 am

Can I apply my evouchers to a Z-fare ticket at the gate? I know that "Z" is officially not eligible. Will they accept it for a HON, space available? Your experience?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Can I apply my evouchers to a Z-fare ticket at the gate? I know that "Z" is officially not eligible. Will they accept it for a HON, space available? Your experience?
Please let me know if this works....
Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Please let me know if this works....
Will let you know Monday night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.