Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 5:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
So they are valid for 2 years...would be helpfull though to see the expiry date in your account.
When you have eVouchers expiring "soon" you see a message as reported earlier in this thread. It's not clear how long before expiry this message starts appearing.
Old May 5, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
When you have eVouchers expiring "soon" you see a message as reported earlier in this thread. It's not clear how long before expiry this message starts appearing.
I have no message appearing and by my calculations either 6 or 8 evouchers expiring this year on 31 DEC if I am not mistaken.
Old May 5, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have no message appearing and by my calculations either 6 or 8 evouchers expiring this year on 31 DEC if I am not mistaken.
You should burn them ASAP or hand them out @:-)
Old May 5, 2013, 3:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

People with eVouchers expiring at the end of June saw a message in their account in January as reported in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post19991461

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Soliciting eVouchers is against FT TOS.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I would really like to burn them.

My challenge has been that the only time I really like to use evouchers is with Ms. Travelsig- and we keep booking Z fares which are not upgradeable on LH. With two people travelling together on leisure- the cost differential between Z and D for a vacation is about 2500 EUR total on average at least and in the last case I checked 3700 EUR more. When the difference is this high we just book EK F and put up with the fake wood panelling and gold and the better experience avoiding the totally regrettable new FRA which somehow managed to become even worse than the old (mind boggling).
Old May 6, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton

we keep booking Z fares which are not upgradeable on LH. With two people travelling together on leisure- the cost differential between Z and D for a vacation is about 2500 EUR total on average at least and in the last case I checked 3700 EUR more.
Enhanced Z fares seems an almost universal topic when I get into casual conversations with people who turn out to be LH status customers (and in some cases ex-LH status customers ).

Between the enhanced mileage earning and lack of upgradability on Z fares (are Z fares still changeable against a 250€ fee when Z is still available?), I wonder if LH understands how much business they are driving to the competitors they like to complain about. Z fares used to be for me one of the most attractive features of the LH fare structure--to me a great trade off of a lower fare for limited flexibility.

And it is not as if Z fares have not steeply increased. Another enhancement in LH pricing is 3.000€+ TATL fares (that only a couple years ago were about 1.900€) often book into P, while a Z fares are typically almost 4.000€ (and C/D >4.500€). I can understand the 1.499€ specials being highly restrictive with P rules, but when I can't upgrade a 3.000€ - 4.000€ fare on even a wait-list basis, then my money goes to EK, CX or even occasionally to DL/AF.

Does it seem as if LH making their best effort to drive away bargain-hunting premium customers who will within reason trade price against restrictive rules? Given the incentives, it seems LH is trying to reduce their share of the business-class market.

Or put yourself in the situation I found myself recently: you can pay ~3.200€ for a P-fare (non-refundable, non changeable), or ~1.700€ for a Y-fare (fully refundable, fully changeable) that can be upgraded instantly (since I have eVouchers to burn), and BTW earns 50% more M&M status/award miles. Does LH prefer that I spend 1.700€ instead of 3.200€ to sit in the same seat?

It seems sometimes as if LH tries to discourage me from spending more money with them...and yet they whine that the competitors are eating their lunch...
Old May 6, 2013, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
Given the incentives, it seems LH is trying to reduce their share of the business-class market.
Agreed.
Also the product of LH is not always very competitive.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH Miles & More,Qantas FF,BMI Diamond Club
2 e- vouchers how far can we travel

Hi ya

Know this will have been dealt with a thousand times over but can any one let me know how far I can travel with 2 e-vouchers going to Australia

Know that it'll get me an upgrade going to Bangkok but will they allow me to change planes and continue on to Singapore as one sector still with the upgrade ??

Being a bit hopeful but any thoughts on how to get rid if these pesky 2 e- vouchers due to expire end of July much appreciated

Happy travels my friends

:-)
Old May 27, 2013, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can upgrade one longhaul flight number, so if its YY99 that flies XXX-YYY 'direct' with a tech stop someplace you are in luck, but those are far and few between in *A.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can upgrade one longhaul flight number, so if its YY99 that flies XXX-YYY 'direct' with a tech stop someplace you are in luck, but those are far and few between in *A.
An example, with a hop on and off in BKK would be the tag on to KUL.
Old May 27, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by brightonflyer
Being a bit hopeful but any thoughts on how to get rid if these pesky 2 e- vouchers due to expire end of July much appreciated
Are you sure your e-Vouchers expire at the end of July? That was what most of us believed when the expiry of e-Vouchers was first announced but it's turned out that old e-Vouchers expire after 30 June rather than at the end of July.

If you received your e-Vouchers in July 2011 I believe they will expire in (or presumably at the end of) July 2013.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Luckily I burned all my e-vouchers, which are suppose to expire at the end of June on LX
Old May 29, 2013, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Are you sure your e-Vouchers expire at the end of July?
How can anyone be sure? At least on my account I still don't even see an expiry date which is a truly customer unfriendly decision by this company.
Old May 29, 2013, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you have any vouchers expiring this year, the (online) mileage statement will clearly mention that x evouchers on your account will exipre on 30 June 2013.
Old May 29, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you have any vouchers expiring this year, the (online) mileage statement will clearly mention that x evouchers on your account will exipre on 30 June 2013.
Thanks for the tip, just noticed I've got 3 e-vouchers, one of which expires on 30/06/2013 and no Star plans unless you count Germanwings Time for CC for me perhaps then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.