Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cas_de
Which is exactly what I did. I put fare class "E" in the form and this is the result.
They have to do a manual check, you have to open a ticket for that....
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by andywaw
Your status, because you are traveling.
I figured. I guess probably not many people have a good estimate of my chances then, since if you've done this many times you usually probably have status...

Does anyone know this though: if the upgrade doesn't clear but other flights have availability, would they ever allow some flexibility on routing on the day of departure? E.g. if FRA-JFK doesn't clear, but FRA-ORD has seats available at T-24h, is there any point in asking them if they could put me on that flight instead?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

That would complicate matters... the upgrade document would have to be reinstated to the sponsors account, your original ticket rebooked and then the upgrade applied again. Lots of flexibility and patience required on three parties.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
That would complicate matters... the upgrade document would have to be reinstated to the sponsors account, your original ticket rebooked and then the upgrade applied again. Lots of flexibility and patience required on three parties.
Ah yeah, that would probably be a non-starter just because of P-class availability that close to departure... Okay last question, I assume that if the eVoucher upgrade is waitlisted but hasn't cleared, there's no point in looking into a mileage upgrade (either M&M or UA miles), right? Because availability for that is more restrictive than eVoucher availability?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:13 am

Same bucket, so same story.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:12 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
They have to do a manual check, you have to open a ticket for that....
And guess what I need to do for the return flight... same situation, same story. Is it just me - I really think we're taking a step backwards with stuff like this. In the past flights did credit, even when upgrade instruments where applied. Retro credit worked without having to call in and open a ticket. The fact that M&M is an independent legal entity seems to make things a lot more complex. It's also a good excuse to hind behind in case things don't go as planned. I couldn't upgrade both feeder legs MUC-FRA & v.v. and when trying to get them upgraded I was told that the upgrade for the long haul segment needs to be pulled first to upgrade the feeder, not knowing whether it would get confirmed again. Agents at check in and at the gate claiming "we can't do anything here since M&M is a separate company". It's really going on my nerves. I am chasing 35.5k status miles right now.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:40 am

Retro claims were automated sometime ago. The algorithm checks the entries in the database and kicks out the request if things don't match. Writing a formal complaint usually kicks the check to a real person somewhere in a backoffice in BKK or Gurgaon who looks at the underlying ticket and books the miles correctly. Unless the status miles credit is supper urgent I would let the things accumulate and send a letter at the end of the quarter.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
The upgrade system they use to waitlist is currently down and agents can't do any manual listing...
Have contacted M&M today and they have managed to put me in waitlist so the upgrade system is working again
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Have contacted M&M today and they have managed to put me in waitlist so the upgrade system is working again
It was working for me last week as well! The waitlisted segment showed up twice in the PNR afterwards, once in the original booking class as confirmed, and once in the new booking class as waitlisted; and also below the list of flights under "Your Upgrades". It cleared automatically, and it must have been a few minutes after award space opened up on that flight (I happened to be looking at that very moment); it seems that the upgrade confirmation takes a little while to propagate through all their systems: When I saw that award space had opened up but I was still showing as waitlisted, I called them, and while I was on the phone I got a new itinerary confirmation email and could see the upgrade as confirmed on the website, but the agent still saw it as waitlisted on their end. Just in case that happens to someone else in the future, it seems it's normal. Also probably no need to call immediately if you see award space opening up; for me it was less than half an hour between there being no award space when I first checked (then on a refresh suddenly there was), and the upgrade going through.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AY, AC, OV
With an upgrade-eligible Y ticket on LX (V), how many M&M eupgrade vouchers are needed to upgrade to C, given that on this route there is no premium economy?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by martinlu
With an upgrade-eligible Y ticket on LX (V), how many M&M eupgrade vouchers are needed to upgrade to C, given that on this route there is no premium economy?
I assume you mean a long-haul flight: 2 evouchers.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:30 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by martinlu
Originally Posted by andywaw
I assume you mean a long-haul flight: 2 evouchers.
Yes, 2. I believe if you book PE, then only 1 voucher is needed.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Yes, 2. I believe if you book PE, then only 1 voucher is needed.
If I am not wrong, in one of the underlying classes in PE, N?, would be 2 evouchers.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:06 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by more4less
If I am not wrong, in one of the underlying classes in PE, N?, would be 2 evouchers.
Yes
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After renewing SEN when do the additional vouchers post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.