Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by aster
Is it feasible to book such a ticket and then use 2x2 vouchers to upgrade from prem to biz on the FRA-SIN and SIN-SYD segments only? Can I check before-hand that such an upgrade using vouchers will be available so that I don't buy a ticket and then find out I cannot use those vouchers?
If there is award space currently available then your upgrade would clear immediately.

If not, for LH you might be able to waitlist.

Not sure what your experience with the SQ segment is going to be like. In a similar itinerary last month M&M could never upgrade nor waitlist my SIN-SYD and SYD-SIN legs, despite me calling in every couple of days and there being plenty of business inventory available for cash fares.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by supine
If there is award space currently available then your upgrade would clear immediately.

If not, for LH you might be able to waitlist.

Not sure what your experience with the SQ segment is going to be like...
Many thanks. Looks like the SQ segment could be tricky...

I think I will focus on the longest leg of the WAW-FRA-SIN-SYD journey so the FRA-SIN one on LH. I understand I can just upgrade this segment using vouchers (leaving the other flights in their original class of travel) and that I can clear the voucher upgrade online?

And in terms of ensuring that I will be able to upgrade using vouchers in the first place... I should first check to see if an award seat in biz is available just for the FRA-SIN flight using miles?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by aster

And in terms of ensuring that I will be able to upgrade using vouchers in the first place... I should first check to see if an award seat in biz is available just for the FRA-SIN flight using miles?
Yes, availability in I would be a good indication.

You could also book the LH ticket & you then have 24 hours to cancel for free & get a full refund, once booked it should offer you the available upgrades online.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Surely this is somewhere in the thread, but I just couldn’t find it. I understand that upgrades from business classes P and Z require more miles. How about upgrade vouchers? Is that still only two upgrade vouchers to upgrade from this booking classes to 1st class? Or not possible at all? Or three vouchers?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Any booking class in business (J/C/D/Z/P) to first (O) takes 2 evouchers. The PE or Y upgrades to business (I) is more complex:

pdeut likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thank you Oliver for the swift response.

It might be worthwhile to copy that table into the Wiki at the beginning of the thread, it is very useful!
pdeut likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
eVoucher expiration:
I would like to have your experts confirmation that, as per my understanding, my 4 eVouchers will be expired by the end of 2022, correct?
2 are received for my status renewal in 2018, and other 2 are received in 2020.
thanks in advance.
oliver2002 may I have your kind and professional opinion? much appreciated.

Last edited by FlyingJazzy; Jun 22, 2022 at 3:09 am Reason: tag experto for attention.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: M&M
Hey! So I have successfully upgraded my flight to DXB with LX with e-vouchers. It was Z class to First Class… but I was surprised when I saw “A” class under Fiest Class ticket instead of “O” class that should be as a miles class after upgrades.

Have anyone got upgraded with miles to “A” class that gives miles or different class that gives miles ?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: LH SEN *
It's nothing unusual.
And you'll get miles for Z fare.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by andywaw
It's nothing unusual.
And you'll get miles for Z fare.
… I thought I will get miles for A class as it’s stated in ticket thanks! I will see in couple of weeks
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by boguszw
… I thought I will get miles for A class as it’s stated in ticket thanks! I will see in couple of weeks
With UA MileagePlus a friend of mine may once have gotten A class miles for such an LX flight, but my friend may have had to file a "missing mileage credit" thing and upload ticket and boarding pass. I suspect with M&M that wouldn't work though.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:44 am

Any experiences with upgrading AC and UA with eVouchers? For PE->J, do all PE booking classes work, and require 1 voucher only? And is upgrade availability correlated with award space? If the upgrade doesn't clear ahead of time, could it clear at T-24 or even at the airport, like it does with LH group flights?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
After the flight it will show in M/M as "First Class Z" with Z mileage amounts. A just shows where the inventory came from as there was no award availability.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by mb752
With UA MileagePlus a friend of mine may once have gotten A class miles for such an LX flight, but my friend may have had to file a "missing mileage credit" thing and upload ticket and boarding pass. I suspect with M&M that wouldn't work though.
I just auto-credited to UA and my "A" BP upgraded from revenue Z credited as Z only, FYI.

With UA nowadays I wouldn't try to game the system, as many people simply are being shut down/banned...
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Hey! So I have successfully upgraded my flight to DXB with LX with e-vouchers. It was Z class to First Class… but I was surprised when I saw “A” class under Fiest Class ticket instead of “O” class that should be as a miles class after upgrades.

Have anyone got upgraded with miles to “A” class that gives miles or different class that gives miles ?
ZRH-ORD with eVouchers was into A as well. miles go into O class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.