Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
No, for upgrades using EVouchers the underlying fare is used for earnings.
Not always.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mb752
Not always.
do you have examples?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:08 pm

Depends on where you credit. I may have once gotten A credit on United after an eVoucher upgrade. I may have had to put in a request for missing mileage credit though.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
do you have examples?
See my earlier post (quoted above).
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: SK*D
I’m flying LX from LAX to ZRH in 1 day, booked in Z, and asked a (distant) family member with spare eVouchers if they could upgrade me to F for the flight. I checked availability and there’s at least 5 open seats in F for the flight.

I was told that they can only use eVouchers for themselves or others in their family pooling account, but not for third parties such as yours truly. Is there any truth to that, or are they just unable to use their eVouchers correctly online?

This is a person close to me so I know that they are not subtly trying to stop using the vouchers on myself. I was really hoping to make use of this since I’ve heard a lot of amazing things about LX F but only ever flown in C.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by RanChin
I was told that they can only use eVouchers for themselves or others in their family pooling account, but not for third parties such as yours truly. Is there any truth to that, or are they just unable to use their eVouchers correctly online?
You can use evouchers for anyone, the agent didn't know the rules. Call again.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
I’m flying LX from LAX to ZRH in 1 day, booked in Z, and asked a (distant) family member with spare eVouchers if they could upgrade me to F for the flight. I checked availability and there’s at least 5 open seats in F for the flight.

This is a person close to me so I know that they are not subtly trying to stop using the vouchers on myself. I was really hoping to make use of this since I’ve heard a lot of amazing things about LX F but only ever flown in C.
Thats rubbish, the person holding the EVouchers can sponsor you, I have done it many times
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: SK*D
Originally Posted by chris63
Thats rubbish, the person holding the EVouchers can sponsor you, I have done it many times
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can use evouchers for anyone, the agent didn't know the rules. Call again.
Thanks both, I will check again. The flights is tomorrow night from LAX so let's see if I can manage to talk to my potential sponsor soon!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thanks both, I will check again. The flights is tomorrow night from LAX so let's see if I can manage to talk to my potential sponsor soon!
Good luck 🍀
RanChin likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:18 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Find the mistake:

Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:43 pm

Has anyone here had success recently with upgrading FRA-EWR or FRA-JFK flights to First? I notice that they all have 6+ seats available two weeks out, but the SEN line just told me no availability, and they can only waitlist me. Does anyone have an educated guess what my chances might be of getting that upgrade? If it's hopeless I might actually prefer a different routing instead, but I'd have to change the booking in the next 24 hours.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by cas_de
Find the mistake:

you need to ask for the retro mileage credit in your originally booked fare bucket, not the upgraded one
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Has anyone here had success recently with upgrading FRA-EWR or FRA-JFK flights to First? I notice that they all have 6+ seats available two weeks out, but the SEN line just told me no availability, and they can only waitlist me. Does anyone have an educated guess what my chances might be of getting that upgrade? If it's hopeless I might actually prefer a different routing instead, but I'd have to change the booking in the next 24 hours.
whenever I have asked for an e voucher upgrade those went straight to waiting list. So this is completely normal.
nevertheless my success rate is very high (85%). It always gets confirmed a few days out (48 hours/24 hours).
saying that it also takes your status and the booking class into consideration.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:06 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
you need to ask for the retro mileage credit in your originally booked fare bucket, not the upgraded one
Which is exactly what I did. I put fare class "E" in the form and this is the result.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
whenever I have asked for an e voucher upgrade those went straight to waiting list. So this is completely normal.
nevertheless my success rate is very high (85%). It always gets confirmed a few days out (48 hours/24 hours).
saying that it also takes your status and the booking class into consideration.
Thank you, that's good to know. Is it my own status that matters, or that of the person who owns the evouchers / requests the upgrade for me? I don't have any LH status myself unfortunately, and the booking class is P...
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Your status, because you are traveling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.