Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
OK, so how does that practically work?
I book a flight in P-fare and ask the SEN hotline to put me on waitlist for an upgrade using the 2 eVouchers?
Assuming I do some pre-check beforehand, say LX flight has some seats in A-class avialble, does that help?
Do they need to clear in 2022 still (I am afraid chances are limited?) or can this clear still last minute?
If the upgrade doesn't clear the eVouchers are gone, right?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, I just made SEN when I was still flying a lot on 2019 and now moved jobs and travel is more or less gone :-/

Thanks for any hint / advice
As SEN you can call them and ask when it’s likely to clear on your desired route, if your flexible with dates, recent experience from Family members is nothing is clearing until day of departure….,
FlyDUS and andywaw like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:30 am

Booked NRT-ZRH in P for mid December. I am based in China and since the local offices are not really fully operational, I called the SEN Hotline in Switzerland to upgrade from P to F(A), call was answered within 3 rings, Name and Account confirmed and within 30 seconds my 2 e-vouchers from 2020 disappeared and seat changed to 2A.. Very impressed ! Now the trick is to get my return upgraded with miles ..

I do want to compliment the agent on the phone, whilst not fluent in dialect, she did an very efficient job
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sinoswiss
Booked NRT-ZRH in P for mid December. I am based in China and since the local offices are not really fully operational, I called the SEN Hotline in Switzerland to upgrade from P to F(A), call was answered within 3 rings, Name and Account confirmed and within 30 seconds my 2 e-vouchers from 2020 disappeared and seat changed to 2A.. Very impressed ! Now the trick is to get my return upgraded with miles ..

I do want to compliment the agent on the phone, whilst not fluent in dialect, she did an very efficient job
Similar to my experiences with the Swiss SEN line. Try that with the German line and the experience may be very different.
sinoswiss likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Just a heads up… I’ve heard from numerous sources that it looks like eVoucher validity, for those expiring this year, is going to be extended.
chris63 and mario_s like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: LO
Hope they will extend the status as well.
sinoswiss likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Hey all - sorry once again a quick one:
If I can find availability for F Award flights as a SEN via M&M (FRA - MIA), can I safely assume that an eVoucher will clear from P fare into F or is this still different "buckets"?
Tempted to pull the trigger on an P fare flight in hopes I can clear my eVouchers for my first ever F flight in the 747-8
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hey all - sorry once again a quick one:
If I can find availability for F Award flights as a SEN via M&M (FRA - MIA), can I safely assume that an eVoucher will clear from P fare into F or is this still different "buckets"?
Tempted to pull the trigger on an P fare flight in hopes I can clear my eVouchers for my first ever F flight in the 747-8
F ‘O’ availability would be an indicator but not guaranteed, you can book the P call in & apply the voucher if the option is not available online immediately after you book, if it doesn't clear within 24 hours you have the option to cancel your booking free of charge within 24 hours.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I have currently 6 evouchers of which 4 will expire by the end of the year (at least that’s what I think, because I can’t find any information about that online..)
All evouchers are currently on waitlist for a booking in February 2023.

I assume there is nog possibility to extend the validity to February in case the waitlist doesn’t clear before the end of the year?
Will my waitlist be cancelled then by the end of the year?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janvdr
I have currently 6 evouchers of which 4 will expire by the end of the year (at least that’s what I think, because I can’t find any information about that online..)

I assume there is nog possibility to extend the validity to February in case the waitlist doesn’t clear before the end of the year?
See #1129 above, it looks like the evouchers are going to be extended because normally in your M&M account it gives 3 Months notice of evouchers that are due to expire
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:01 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

This is one my complaints about LH IT. They are able to display a message that an eVoucher will expire, but they are unwilling to display a list of vouchers with the associated expiration dates. You need to call in - the SEN line can tell you the expiration dates of your vouchers.

I talked to the SEN line (Berlin) recently. The lady confirmed that eVouchers will expire at the end of the year. So she was either not aware of any additional waiver yet or it is still just a rumor that they will extend the vouchers again. In any case she made it clear that a voucher that is set to expire at the end of this year can be waitlisted for a flight in 2023, but the WL needs to clear before the end of this year.

I was able to apply the single eVoucher I have in my account that will expire this year to upgrade the Mrs. from G to I on an upcoming flight MUC-SAN in January.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chris63
See #1129 above, it looks like the evouchers are going to be extended because normally in your M&M account it gives 3 Months notice of evouchers that are due to expire
Anybody has seen any official communication on this?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody has seen any official communication on this?
Previously they always gave 3 Months notice of expiry in your M&M account
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:10 am

have an "eVoucher" need another! (or an idea how to accomplish a "mix and match")?

Hi all, not sure this is the right place or way to ask, but, wondering... a while back I got an "eVoucher" from LH, and, now that I've decided (have the opportunity) to use I realized I need 2 instead of one (upgrade from C->F).

Is there a way to mix & match the upgrade, so I can use the one I have plus miles? or it needs to be 100% miles or 2x's "eVoucher"s?

Any tips, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Robin

Last edited by RedRobin; Dec 19, 2022 at 2:18 am Reason: fix title.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Unfortunately you can't mix and match. Both evouchers have to come from the same account.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Unfortunately you can't mix and match. Both evouchers have to come from the same account.
Thanks Oliver2002 for the answer/merge. Too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.