Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:43 pm

I have discovered the "Show booking classes" option on the Swiss website, so that question is now answered.
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Is the upgrade link up in the wiki not working? I tried simple Y to C Intra-EU and tried also C to F … always same message - technical problem occurred …
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
I find the link useless, you cannot upgrade from Premium Economy.
I'm booked on LX PE long haul in Jan 2024, called M&M and requested an upgrade for eVouchers from E and N to Business Class, but I ended up on the waiting list, so it's 11 months before both flights and instant upgrade is already not available.
The eVouchers I used were awarded in Dec 2021 because of my status requalification, so they are due to expire end of 2023. If the upgrade doesn't clear by then, I'm going to have a problem.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Is the upgrade link up in the wiki not working? I tried simple Y to C Intra-EU and tried also C to F … always same message - technical problem occurred …
I don’t think it’s been working since a long time, at least not for me - always that same message no matter LH/LX nor travel class
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have removed the link from the wiki post. Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade on *A flights online?
Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
As of Nov 2022, that is correct.

Not sure about current situation - you can call M&M and also update us here.
Can’t upgrade using e-voucher, but strangely offered to cash upgrade … the answer is no thank you.

Out of curiosity, why is it possible to do the upgrade at airport on date of departure? Should this be requested before or after check-in e.g. should I do online checkin before or should not and sort out the possibility to upgrade first at airport?
Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Can’t upgrade using e-voucher, but strangely offered to cash upgrade … the answer is no thank you.

Out of curiosity, why is it possible to do the upgrade at airport on date of departure? Should this be requested before or after check-in e.g. should I do online checkin before or should not and sort out the possibility to upgrade first at airport?
The evoucher upgrade is shown if there is R/I/O inventory open. The cash upgrade follows a formula to upsell to the next open booking class, so it is easier. evouchers are best redeemed via WL using the callcenter anyway.

You can upgrade at anytime, checkin in advance doesn't change the chances.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
?
They are prioritising cash, bids, Evouchers are the last to get confirmed……
Old Feb 16, 2023, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The evoucher upgrade is shown if there is R/I/O inventory open. The cash upgrade follows a formula to upsell to the next open booking class, so it is easier. evouchers are best redeemed via WL using the callcenter anyway.

You can upgrade at anytime, checkin in advance doesn't change the chances.
I & O are very rare items these days on longhaul
Old Feb 16, 2023, 4:58 am

They did not even check availability, all they said was, it’s a UA ticket, UA flight number even though it’s operated by LX, it can’t be done. So I wonder, how can it be done if you bid and pay cash with LX … it’s still a UA ticket.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They did not even check availability, all they said was, it’s a UA ticket, UA flight number even though it’s operated by LX, it can’t be done. So I wonder, how can it be done if you bid and pay cash with LX … it’s still a UA ticket.
Cash is King 💰 at LHG, trumps everything else……
Old Feb 16, 2023, 7:17 am

Therefore my conclusion is - telling me UA ticket and flights number is just an excuse.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Codeshare flight were never eligible for upgrades, its not possible technically.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by chris63
They are prioritising cash, bids, Evouchers are the last to get confirmed……
I managed to upgrade a Swiss J to F using e-vouchers 3 months ahead of the flight, clearing instantly (called M&M, asked for availability to upgrade and it was confirmed right away)
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by miles_collector
I managed to upgrade a Swiss J to F using e-vouchers 3 months ahead of the flight, clearing instantly (called M&M, asked for availability to upgrade and it was confirmed right away)
apparently on codeshare it isn’t possible to use evoucher to upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.