Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Yony
I have 2 evouchers available and a Premium Economy G flight booked. I want to upgrade to Business. My understanding from the rules is that I could upgrade using 1 voucher.

I can see that I can use vouchers on other legs of the return trip but not that one.

Anyone have an idea of what the issue might be please?
I presume you mean that there is no offer to upgrade if you check your booking on LH.com ?

Call and request the upgrade anyway, see if you can get it done or at least waitlisted.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Originally Posted by supine
I presume you mean that there is no offer to upgrade if you check your booking on LH.com ?

Call and request the upgrade anyway, see if you can get it done or at least waitlisted.
There's an offer to upgrade with cash but not with miles or vouchers.
I'll give them a call.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Is the SAUA website still functional? I receive a technical error page after completing my details, tried a couple of times the last days, but still the same.
I assume this is the only way to do evoucher upgrades for someone else (apart from calling)
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Sadly you have to call in, no more online tools.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:26 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not that the SAUA page is to be missed. It was horrible.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Thx for feedback - so far online self servicing :-)

I assume the upgrade availability is still the same as what I see online in the award booking engine (Y to PE or Y to C)?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Roughly, yes.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Originally Posted by Yony
There's an offer to upgrade with cash but not with miles or vouchers.
I'll give them a call.
Update: I'm waitlisted.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
We have to call M&M service line or is there a particular number ? Just got off the phone with them, their system is down, "call back in 2hours, should be back online".
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
After 50min (!!) waiting time, I was finally able to use my evoucher and got a seat in PremiumEco, not even on waitlist.

It's crazy how I miss AF and FB though, I'm obviously Gold there so can't compare phone call, but the customer experience online is a thousand miles better than LH group (FF#, ticket change, upgrade, etc.) without having to do a damn call that cost every time a shitload of money.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Use Skype. Doesn't resolve any of the above issues, but at least it saves you money.
Mr.Potato likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: SK*D
Am I correct in assuming that on LX metal (booked on LX.com, no codeshares), to use eVouchers to upgrade from Y/PE to J availability is required in the I fare class, and to upgrade from J to F, availability is required in A booking class?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RanChin
Am I correct in assuming that on LX metal (booked on LX.com, no codeshares), to use eVouchers to upgrade from Y/PE to J availability is required in the I fare class, and to upgrade from J to F, availability is required in A booking class?

Thanks in advance.
I was under the impression that for Biz --> First upgrade you need O inventory, but then last time I had (and used) eVouchers has been quite a while ago. Let some of the gurus chime in as well.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by demue
I was under the impression that for Biz --> First upgrade you need O inventory, but then last time I had (and used) eVouchers has been quite a while ago. Let some of the gurus chime in as well.
On LX, as opposed to LH, upgrades can go into A as well. It's some sort of "special A" though, because it's not always 1:1 with classic A availability.
demue and RanChin like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Hello all,

I moved jobs in 2020 and since then my travel has significantly dropped (... not only due to convid...).
I reached SEN in 2019 and my 2 eVouchers expire Dec22, so I am wondering if anyone has any tipps how I may be able to make use of them?
My dream would be to get into First Class ("once in a lifetime"), but I have no idea on which routes there is reasonable availability of upgrade inventory.
There is a sale AMS - DXB which routes via ZRH - I was wondering if there is any chance to grab a FC seat here?
Would you still check expertflyer availability in class A (?) before booking the P fare?
Any other recommended routes with affordable P fares ex EU for this year?
Thanks for any hints :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.