Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:42 am

Hello,
I have 2 eVouchers that I'd like to use before they expire. So I asked to apply them to a biz(C)->first upgrade on an LX flight.
The agent said he can only wait-list me on the upgrade (to A class) and said "there is a chance that it will clear". How long before the flight can I expect the upgrade to clear?
Right now they still sell 4 F seats on that flight.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dtbe
Hello,
I have 2 eVouchers that I'd like to use before they expire. So I asked to apply them to a biz(C)->first upgrade on an LX flight.
The agent said he can only wait-list me on the upgrade (to A class) and said "there is a chance that it will clear". How long before the flight can I expect the upgrade to clear?
Right now they still sell 4 F seats on that flight.
It can clear any time between now and the door closing.

Revenue management will generally hold on to the inventory until they are no longer convinced they can sell it.

If it has not cleared at T-72 hours you might see the eVouchers disappear from your account anyway. This would allow the upgrade to process while the flight is under airport/gate control. If you still don't clear, the eVouchers will be returned to your account.
dtbe likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT:

At some point R (Premium Eco) changed and now needs two eVouchers to Business

Everything except bona-fide M&M Europe:

Eco:
O/U/L 2 eVouchers to Premium, 3 to Business (per flight)
All other RBD, 1 to Premium, 2 to Business

Prem:

R 2 eVouchers to Business
A/P 1 eVoucher to Business

Europe flights:

1 eVoucher all RBD
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hey again,

is there any way I can see upgrade award availability on certain flights before I book an P fare?
I do see interesting P fares from AMS to DXB in December and was wondering if I might be able to redeem my vouchers here?
Flights are with LX and current status is SEN.

Thanks

Edit: Does A class avaiöability on LX (expertflyer) mean that I can upgrader a P fare with the vouchers? If yes, I woulöd have found one flight that shows at least 1 A class availability,.

Last edited by FlyDUS; Oct 14, 2022 at 7:56 am Reason: Edit
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hey again,
is there any way I can see upgrade award availability on certain flights before I book an P fare?
I do see interesting P fares from AMS to DXB in December and was wondering if I might be able to redeem my vouchers here?
Flights are with LX and current status is SEN.
Thanks
Edit: Does A class avaiöability on LX (expertflyer) mean that I can upgrader a P fare with the vouchers? If yes, I woulöd have found one flight that shows at least 1 A class availability,.
No way to see upgrade availability before booking. 1 A class seat in EF is some indication that your upgrade has a reasonable chance to clear, but not guaranteed. In my case, all upgrades (by evouchers or miles) cleared from P fares either immediately or after some days/weeks on the waitlist when there was at lease one A seat for sale. But I have read about less positive experiences here.
FlyDUS likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Viennafly
No way to see upgrade availability before booking. 1 A class seat in EF is some indication that your upgrade has a reasonable chance to clear, but not guaranteed. In my case, all upgrades (by evouchers or miles) cleared from P fares either immediately or after some days/weeks on the waitlist when there was at lease one A seat for sale. But I have read about less positive experiences here.
One call call into M&M and try - they have always advised me...
FlyDUS likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:23 am

Hey all,

sorry - maybe this is a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyways...
Can eVouchers be added to a booking in 2023 (if this is done in 2022 still) or does the flight also need to happen in 2022?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Hey all,

sorry - maybe this is a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyways...
Can eVouchers be added to a booking in 2023 (if this is done in 2022 still) or does the flight also need to happen in 2022?
2023 is OK
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:35 am

What happens to the voucher if you've used it to upgrade from Y to PE and then bid upgrade to C gets approved? Do you lose the voucher?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: HON
Hi all, the interesting thing about e-vouchers: I've booked at lh.com flight KRK-FRA-MIA-FRA-VIE-KRK, flight MIA-FRA is issued as OS7324 and therefore of course cannot be upgraded! I didn't know about it while booking... Any idea what can I do? I was trying to rebook it onto LH463 but that will cost me around 300EUR per pax...
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by filipKRK
Hi all, the interesting thing about e-vouchers: I've booked at lh.com flight KRK-FRA-MIA-FRA-VIE-KRK, flight MIA-FRA is issued as OS7324 and therefore of course cannot be upgraded! I didn't know about it while booking... Any idea what can I do? I was trying to rebook it onto LH463 but that will cost me around 300EUR per pax...
Call the BER HON line during DE hours & ask for a Supervisor & an exception, always beware codeshares but within LH group this is a stupid policy, just remind the HON line they are there to make your flying experience seamless & if that doesn’t work PM me
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: HON
Thanks chris63 but that's exactly what they told me at HON line... Not sure how to connect to BER?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by filipKRK
Thanks chris63 but that's exactly what they told me at HON line... Not sure how to connect to BER?
Just call the HON number during DE open hours, it’s simple to ask where they are & ask for a Supervisor
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by lefrid
2023 is OK
OK, so how does that practically work?
I book a flight in P-fare and ask the SEN hotline to put me on waitlist for an upgrade using the 2 eVouchers?
Assuming I do some pre-check beforehand, say LX flight has some seats in A-class avialble, does that help?
Do they need to clear in 2022 still (I am afraid chances are limited?) or can this clear still last minute?
If the upgrade doesn't clear the eVouchers are gone, right?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, I just made SEN when I was still flying a lot on 2019 and now moved jobs and travel is more or less gone :-/

Thanks for any hint / advice
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: LH SEN *
OK, so how does that practically work?
I book a flight in P-fare and ask the SEN hotline to put me on waitlist for an upgrade using the 2 eVouchers?
Assuming I do some pre-check beforehand, say LX flight has some seats in A-class avialble, does that help?
Do they need to clear in 2022 still (I am afraid chances are limited?) or can this clear still last minute?
If the upgrade doesn't clear the eVouchers are gone, right?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, I just made SEN when I was still flying a lot on 2019 and now moved jobs and travel is more or less gone :-/

Thanks for any hint / advice
They can clear before the flight in 2023 and it's OK as long as you asked to use them in 2022. If the upgrade doesn't clear they will come back to your account but you probably must use them asap, probably even on the same day when they get returned.
chris63 and FlyDUS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.