Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Booked a flight in J (ZRH-LAX), First is A1 F4 and my upgrade voucher is "wait-listed". I genuinely thought it would clear immediately. I guess the "A" class is not a guarantee, hopefully, in the next few days, it will clear. The flight is in two weeks.
Vixit likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by royal757
Booked a flight in J (ZRH-LAX), First is A1 F4 and my upgrade voucher is "wait-listed". I genuinely thought it would clear immediately. I guess the "A" class is not a guarantee, hopefully, in the next few days, it will clear. The flight is in two weeks.
They are leaving evoucher upgrades until the last minute currently, they prefer cash, from bid upgrades & last minute full fare F purchases…
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
By way of a data point, just upgraded our family of four using e-vouchers on an intra-EU flight. Not the best use of vouchers, of course, but if we didn't use them on this flight, they would have not been used.

We're all FTLs, the voucher availability corresponded to I award availability, and no need to split the itinerary to pull the 4 vouchers from separate accounts.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
By way of a data point, just upgraded our family of four using e-vouchers on an intra-EU flight. Not the best use of vouchers, of course, but if we didn't use them on this flight, they would have not been used.

We're all FTLs, the voucher availability corresponded to I award availability, and no need to split the itinerary to pull the 4 vouchers from separate accounts.
Yes, intra EU clear immediately if there is space in the aircraft
Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by work2fly

do we receive a warning before expiring?
I looked to my account and I can't see a link explaining until eV are valid.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st8dm
3 Months usually & they were all extended by 1 Year from last Month
st8dm likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
They are leaving evoucher upgrades until the last minute currently, they prefer cash, from bid upgrades & last minute full fare F purchases…
It cleared to A yesterday! Two/three days and the flight is in two weeks. Happy about the result
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It cleared to A yesterday! Two/three days and the flight is in two weeks. Happy about the result
Good result
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
I am curious how were you informed: email? did it begin with "congrats"?
Or did you logged in, checked your bookings and found out?

Was a human operator mailing you?

I am just curious how do they manage the uncertainty period.

thanks
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
M&M e-upgrade question

We have a family pool, where parents and 3 children accumulate all miles. Now we reached in 2021 and 2022 the silver status and got each of us 1 upgrade evoucher. The question now, can we use the vouchers, same as the miles ? out of the pool ? So if one traveller needs 2 vouchers them take it from different accounts ?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It was confirmed during the webcast earlier this week that eVouchers currently do not expire. Those eVouchers which would have expired at the end of 2022 are still valid. They will probably re-introduce expiry of eVouchers in (at the end of?) 2024.
chris63 and st8dm like this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am curious how were you informed: email? did it begin with "congrats"?
Or did you logged in, checked your bookings and found out?

Was a human operator mailing you?

I am just curious how do they manage the uncertainty period.

thanks
The BOT manages the load factor until it goes under airport control & then it’s the flight manager finally. You get an auto email once cleared.
st8dm likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bertheike
We have a family pool, where parents and 3 children accumulate all miles. Now we reached in 2021 and 2022 the silver status and got each of us 1 upgrade evoucher. The question now, can we use the vouchers, same as the miles ? out of the pool ? So if one traveller needs 2 vouchers them take it from different accounts ?
Yes, that should be possible, you can sponsor anyone, just need to call in and provide the M&M number & 3 digits of the pin to enable the agent to action the upgrade request.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:13 am

F award booking available but upgrade isn’t

I currently have 2 e-vouchers waitlisted for Y+->J. CCC confirmed we (2 pax) were the only ones on the waitlist, but no clue when it would clear. It’s been about 2 months already, flight is mid April.

I have another flight in July, in J. I see award space in F for a new booking on MM. Called CCC, they tried to use the e-vouchers for it, but got waitlisted. In the end I reverted and kept the waitlist on the Y+->J flight.

Anyone knows which one would be higher chance? I’m confused about the F waitlist, since I could book an MM award for it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lxfc
I currently have 2 e-vouchers waitlisted for Y+->J. CCC confirmed we (2 pax) were the only ones on the waitlist, but no clue when it would clear. It’s been about 2 months already, flight is mid April.

I have another flight in July, in J. I see award space in F for a new booking on MM. Called CCC, they tried to use the e-vouchers for it, but got waitlisted. In the end I reverted and kept the waitlist on the Y+->J flight.

Anyone knows which one would be higher chance? I’m confused about the F waitlist, since I could book an MM award for it.

Thanks!
Your not alone in being confused, they certainly changed how it works post pandemic….. had Family members waitlisted for Months for upgrades from Y flex to I & last 2 failed, presumably they took upgrade bids first, both are SEN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.