Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:05 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Deleted

Last edited by cbellero; Sep 9, 2021 at 6:08 am Reason: Double post.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:07 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Bart_ek
Yes, i confirm. I called the other day LOT and thry told me you could upgrade R to business on long haul using 1 evoucher
I am waitlisted for the upgrade from R to business. Let us hope it works. I will know by Sunday.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: HON
Hi all, got a question: got a booking in Premium Economy LH in E class. To which class they will move me if I use an e-voucher for an upgrade to business?
Will I get HON miles then?

thanks,

brgds,

Filip
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You will move to I and get miles for E (ie no HCM, only SM)
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: HON
Thanks Oliver
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: LH SEN , United Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cbellero
I am waitlisted for the upgrade from R to business. Let us hope it works. I will know by Sunday.
Any update? Has the upgrade cleared?
I wonder how LOT evouchers upgrade request clear... Do they go into I fare bucket? Is the ' I ' availability at M@M award check, a guarantee for the upgrade? and vice versa, any chances if no I availability but still LOT sells C seats?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:42 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Bart_ek
Any update? Has the upgrade cleared?
I wonder how LOT evouchers upgrade request clear... Do they go into I fare bucket? Is the ' I ' availability at M@M award check, a guarantee for the upgrade? and vice versa, any chances if no I availability but still LOT sells C seats?
It actually was a bit messy. The waitlist was removed according to M&M by LOT. I then asked M&M to again waitlist me (about 30 hours before departure), which was automatically confirmed. However I then had some ticketing error where viewing my booking on M&M showed it as being in Business and on LOT's website still in Premium Eco. I was able to choose business class seats on LOT's site, but the selection was removed seconds later. Only at the airport at check in did they resolve the issue.

On my posting to my M&M account it says "Business Class, R". I do not see a fare bucket on my boarding pass.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:06 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I haven’t received any email either but have found this on the M&M app.

So much for that (well let's hope it's just a bug or they haven't physically extended the validity of the vouchers yet)...

"eVouchers will expire soon".

It's only showing this warning if you select German as the website's language. Not showing if you switch to English...
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Segment booked in Z.Flight in about 3 weeks. Called M&M yesterday around 10am and after a 9 min hold on the German SEN number someone picked up and booked me on WL to upgrade to O in about 3 mins. Waitlist cleared this morning at 7.45. 1A secured on the B748.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think it's a very decent offer, from an FTL point of view. And 24 months validity is really nice. I could be persuaded to book Lufthansa Business somewhere and try and use it to upgrade to 1st.
you need 2 e vouchers to upgrade Biz to First
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I had one I’d probably look at booking LO Premium, which can be very cheap from some markets, like ARN, VIE about £650 RT to ORD and upgrade the WAW-ORD to C, you’ll still have 3 legs in premium, including short haul as they have the cabin.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by more4less
you need 2 e vouchers to upgrade Biz to First
Oh great, so how do I get a second one? What can I use a single voucher on, then?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Oh great, so how do I get a second one? What can I use a single voucher on, then?
You can upgrade from eco to premium eco or from premium eco to business with 1 evoucher.
Or upgrade a European flight
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by fereke
You can upgrade from eco to premium eco or from premium eco to business with 1 evoucher.
Yes but only from permitted fare classes
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by fereke
That's fair enough, still a very good and unexpected offer. Totally happy.

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes but only from permitted fare classes
I was wondering about that. So if I somehow did manage to cadge an extra voucher, would it work for upgrading P-class tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.