Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
Question about Changing Flights with eVoucher

I have a flight booked for August using someone else's eVouchers that were to expire the end of June. My question is, what will happen if/when I change the date of the August flight (which now seems likely that I will have to). Will the eVouchers follow that change or will they be lost? Does anyone have experience with this?

For further info, this is a UA ticket booked as a LX flight number from USA to ZRH. So changes must be done by UA, but I doubt they will be able to see the upgraded eVoucher.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If its just a date change, LX can sticker the ticket for you preserving the upgrade. If its a routing change the upgrade has to be reversed, the evoucher redopsited and the new upgrade applied immeditely after the reissue. LX BSL will be able to do that much for you if upgrade space is available in the new flight. Its a biiig YMMV.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
Is any SEN having any success when upgrading with evouchers right now?

Apologies up front if this has been discussed already. Search wasn't my friend here.

I have 4 expiring evouchers in my account. I am trying to use them for an upgrade from Y (Q) to C for a FRA-SFO-FRA flight I have booked for the end of October. So far I have been waitlisted, but if I understand it correctly if the upgrade doesn't clear by end of June I'll loose my vouchers.

Flight 5 months out, SEN status, 50+ seats unassigned in C on the 380, is somewhat unusal not to clear immediately in my experience. I also tried to use the voucher for a C to F upgrade in August and got the same result.

I know I should have used them up earlier, but I dropped from HON to 2 flight per year, in 2011 and using up 20+ evouchers is pretty hard if you don't fly often
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The WL clears when the revenue recalc happens. This is done at monthly intervals when the flight is more than a month away, so the WL should clear soon enough. The longest I had to wait for the WL to clear this year was 8 weeks (WL for upgrade on 23MAR for a flight on 13NOV cleared 25 MAY), everything else (about 6 longhauls) cleared within 3-4 weeks, basically when it came into the RM recalc window.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
thanks, Oliver
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Originally Posted by scubainstructor87
I checked a few months ago and saw (or thought) there was no expiration.

I now received an email that they expire end of month.

Is it my fault that I did not notice the enhancement?

will they accept a few months of extension (lowly FTL)
Have you checked your M&M account recently? Did you not see a note that x eVouchers will expire on 30.06.13? People with eVouchers expiring at the end of June started seeing this message in January 2013.

Bearing in mind the change was announced more than 3 years ago I doubt if they will extend the validity of these eVouchers. However, as long as you apply expiring vouchers before the end of the month, flights can be taken after 30 June.
What will actually happen if you apply vouchers on a flight in eg Nov, they get accepted before Jun 30 and you have to change the flight date in lets say september. usually that what just be credited back to your account. What in this situation?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.714 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by kasi
Originally Posted by scubainstructor87
I checked a few months ago and saw (or thought) there was no expiration.

I now received an email that they expire end of month.

Is it my fault that I did not notice the enhancement?

will they accept a few months of extension (lowly FTL)
Have you checked your M&M account recently? Did you not see a note that x eVouchers will expire on 30.06.13? People with eVouchers expiring at the end of June started seeing this message in January 2013.

Bearing in mind the change was announced more than 3 years ago I doubt if they will extend the validity of these eVouchers. However, as long as you apply expiring vouchers before the end of the month, flights can be taken after 30 June.
What will actually happen if you apply vouchers on a flight in eg Nov, they get accepted before Jun 30 and you have to change the flight date in lets say september. usually that what just be credited back to your account. What in this situation?
I don't want to try it out! Have 4 confirmed e-vouchers for trips after June.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
..I don't want to try it out! Have 4 confirmed e-vouchers for trips after June.
How do you get confirmed evoucher upgrades? On LH they go on the waitlist which then is canceled upon entering DM ... and on LX neither the ug nor the waitlist seems to work.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by weero
How do you get confirmed evoucher upgrades? On LH they go on the waitlist which then is canceled upon entering DM ... and on LX neither the ug nor the waitlist seems to work.
On lx (c->f), they always clear instantly for me?!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:29 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.714 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by daumueller
Originally Posted by weero
On lx (c->f), they always clear instantly for me?!
I upgraded lx zrh-sin-zrh c to f and y to c well in advance, like 7 months in advance. TA requested the upgrades which confirmed immediately ^.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..I upgraded lx zrh-sin-zrh c to f and y to c well in advance, like 7 months in advance. TA requested the upgrades which confirmed immediately ^.
Mid-week, I failed both attempts at a Y->C upgrade on LX, rendering two of my eVouchers virtually worthless .

I should have burned them on LH in my last year as SEN as they clear very reliably ... but then it's only from E- to E+ ...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:59 pm

weero, you have been planning to loose your SENhood since years, how come you are struggling now...?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 3:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Upgrades from Y->C (booking class S) on two LH TATL flights last October cleared immediately when I called M&M.

SIN-ZRH from Y->C (booking class U) also cleared straightaway via TA but ZRH-SIN was more problematic as the flight (LX inaugural to SIN) was fully booked in C for media/PR/VIPs. Fortunately (for me) some people couldn't make the flight due to a strike in BRU and the upgrade cleared at the gate. ^

I think the M&M agent or TA sending upgrade requests to the right queue helped as did status in the booking.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:03 am

I have used 4 vouchers on ZRH-SIN-ZRH to upgrade C -> F. Just called LX, no problem...
Old Jun 8, 2013, 6:49 am

Upgrades from Y->C (booking class S) on two LH TATL flights last October cleared immediately when I called M&M.

SIN-ZRH from Y->C (booking class U) also cleared straightaway via TA but ZRH-SIN was more problematic as the flight (LX inaugural to SIN) was fully booked in C for media/PR/VIPs. Fortunately (for me) some people couldn't make the flight due to a strike in BRU and the upgrade cleared at the gate. ^

I think the M&M agent or TA sending upgrade requests to the right queue helped as did status in the booking.
To the right queue? Are there different queues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.