Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope, no pooling.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

I have a booking in Biz from MEX via FRA and I have contacted M&M to UPG to First against evouchers, but they told me that it was not possible.
I understood that you could always asked to be wait listed but I understand that I was wrong.
The flight is in 3 months time but there are, at least, 6 available seats available.
A few weeks before the flight, providing there are still seats available, it makes sense to call again or LH does not want to do upgrades to F against vouchers?

Thanks,
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The upgrade system they use to waitlist is currently down and agents can't do any manual listing...
more4less and pdeut like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The upgrade system they use to waitlist is currently down
They gave away so many e-vouchers, even to FTV, and everyone wants to upgrade flights, they didn't see it coming? The system is going to be down on a regular basis
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The upgrade system they use to waitlist is currently down and agents can't do any manual listing...
Yet another M&M LH IT failure
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
You will still get the mileage credit for the original J ticket, so don't get your hopes up.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
aware of that, more the inventory perspective is generous.
Depends on where you credit. I may have once gotten A credit on United after an eVoucher upgrade. I may have had to put in a request for missing mileage credit though.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:58 pm

Does eVoucher upgrade space correspond pretty well with award space? And if so, is it normal that there's no F space whatsoever on transatlantic flights (e.g. FRA-NYC), even if the F cabin is completely empty on those flights (lh.com showing 8 seats available)? Does anyone have a guess as to what my chances would be of getting the upgrade if I were to book and waitlist on such a flight?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:53 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mb752
Does eVoucher upgrade space correspond pretty well with award space? And if so, is it normal that there's no F space whatsoever on transatlantic flights (e.g. FRA-NYC), even if the F cabin is completely empty on those flights (lh.com showing 8 seats available)? Does anyone have a guess as to what my chances would be of getting the upgrade if I were to book and waitlist on such a flight?
that was my point evouchers go into A class, whereas mileage upgrade goes into O class.
I highly doubt F class would be closed if no first class seats are sold. Unless they dont offer First class on that route but are using an aircraft with F class and giving it for C fares to SEN/HON
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
In my experience, no ... I have had upgrades clear (from J to F) a number of times when there was no award for F available. Not sure if SEN status helped there.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
that was my point evouchers go into A class, whereas mileage upgrade goes into O class.
I highly doubt F class would be closed if no first class seats are sold. Unless they dont offer First class on that route but are using an aircraft with F class and giving it for C fares to SEN/HON
I don't think it's as simple as A class availability, at least on LH. In the past the hotline has told me they can't even say for sure themselves if an upgrade will clear without trying to actually do it, and that not even award space is a guarantee. Or did I just get a bad agent and that information is wrong?

Originally Posted by burg_rtw
In my experience, no ... I have had upgrades clear (from J to F) a number of times when there was no award for F available. Not sure if SEN status helped there.
Oh that is super useful to know. Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
I don't think it's as simple as A class availability, at least on LH. In the past the hotline has told me they can't even say for sure themselves if an upgrade will clear without trying to actually do it, and that not even award space is a guarantee. Or did I just get a bad agent and that information is wrong?
i just know that LX books Upgrades also into A and not O, but that A is not A in this case.

even if expertflyer shows A available it can be that the seats werent released as upgrade seats.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:10 am

Only LX F awards and upgrades use A to some extent. LH F awards and upgrades always go into O.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by birsti
i just know that LX books Upgrades also into A and not O, but that A is not A in this case.

even if expertflyer shows A available it can be that the seats werent released as upgrade seats.
Only LX F awards and upgrades use A to some extent. LH F awards and upgrades always go into O.
Oh, interesting. So for earning with United, Swiss might actually be better than LH when using vouchers. But I guess for availability I'll really just have to try.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Oh, interesting. So for earning with United, Swiss might actually be better than LH when using vouchers. But I guess for availability I'll really just have to try.
No, for upgrades using EVouchers the underlying fare is used for earnings.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:41 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
before I took advantage of the Valentines day special, I had an award ticket in first booked in O class. Then cancelled award and purchased the ticket and used evouchers which booked me into A class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.