FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/477264-lounges-lax-access-showers-questions-one-consolidated-thread.html)

squid720 Sep 14, 2013 11:05 am

Honeymoon Lounge Access at Tom Bradley Int'l at LAX

Hi Guys,
I'm leaving on my honeymoon tomorrow and we are going to Bora Bora through Papeete (PPT). Our flight route is NYC (LGA) to LAX via Delta Airlines where we layover and switch to Air Tahiti Nui, which takes us to PPT. We have three hours in LA at Tom Bradley international Terminal. There are no Business Class seats remaining on our flight to PPT, so we are in coach. I have an Amex Platinum card with Priority Pass, so I know we can get into the Relax lounge (if it's still open) outside of security if I pay a fee for my wife, but is there any lounge inside of security that i can gain access to with either our PPT or Delta tickets and/or my Amex Platinum Card? Thanks so much in advance for your expertise. I really appreciate your help!
-S.

JDiver Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

ReLAX was to be closed by the end of summer. I'd check the Priority Pass website, which will reveal the current airside lounge (SkyTeam / KAL last time we did this, iirc). Otherwise there's no lounge access for you AFAIK.

On the return you can use your Priority Pass card at TN's lounge, Salon Manuhiri Lounge on the (US) second floor, though you may be told by counter agents you can't (ignore them). Salon Manuhiri also can be accessed with Diners' Club card.

Also note you may be able to purchase counter upgrades st LAX - seats must be available and you must be flying on a TN flight number.

We've merged this into the proper thread.

schumia Sep 15, 2013 11:50 am

6 hr Layover at T-2 before going to Hawaii

Hi all,
After reading thru some earlier posts, it appears T-2 Air NZ lounge is better than AC Maple Leaf. My situation is as follows:

- We have no *A status, but thru credit cards, I do have AA Admiral day pass, United Club day pass...
- We'll arrive at LAX on Southwest ~ 11pm, going to Hawaii, we'll be boarding Hawaii airlines ~ 6pm at T2.

1. In general for airline lounges, do we have to fly the lounge operators airline to be eligible for entrance ? ie, do we have to fly Air NZ ?
2. Can we use the AA/United club passes at all ?
3. What alternatives can we have to burn those 5 hrs ?

Thanks very much for your help !!

bzcat Sep 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by schumia (Post 21448555)
Hi all,
After reading thru some earlier posts, it appears T-2 Air NZ lounge is better than AC Maple Leaf. My situation is as follows:

- We have no *A status, but thru credit cards, I do have AA Admiral day pass, United Club day pass...
- We'll arrive at LAX on Southwest ~ 11pm, going to Hawaii, we'll be boarding Hawaii airlines ~ 6pm at T2.

1. In general for airline lounges, do we have to fly the lounge operators airline to be eligible for entrance ? ie, do we have to fly Air NZ ?
2. Can we use the AA/United club passes at all ?
3. What alternatives can we have to burn those 5 hrs ?

Thanks very much for your help !!

You will not be able to use AA or UA lounge because they are located in different terminals and you need a boarding pass to get in.

NZ lounge entry requires NZ boarding pass or *A status + boarding pass (you have to be flying on *A carrier that day)

Since you are arriving on domestic flight, you have plenty of time to exit the airport and go eat a real lunch at one of the many quality restaurants in the area. You can walk from T1 to Downtown Westchester in about 15 minutes. Or you can take the red (Sepulveda) Parking Spot shuttle to In-N-Out Burgers and then walk north about 5 minutes to reach the shopping centers and restaurants. I recommend Ayara Thai... best restaurant near the airport.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...,33.9685625285

FT-hss Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Any ideas on holding carry on anywhere (like baggage hold?) while making a trip outside? :)

schumia Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat (Post 21454227)
You will not be able to use AA or UA lounge because they are located in different terminals and you need a boarding pass to get in.

NZ lounge entry requires NZ boarding pass or *A status + boarding pass (you have to be flying on *A carrier that day)...

Tks for your help bzcat. There's someone in my company who's not able to walk too far so I was hoping there's some lounge at the airport that we can just waste the afternoon. I understand United and AA lounges are out of the question. Air NZ we can't go either.

I noticed there's an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in T-2, do I also need to fly Air Canada to gain access ? Nothing like a one-day pass we can purchase ??

knowledgesqrd Sep 16, 2013 9:51 pm

LAX Terminal B Star Alliance Lounge

Hi everyone,

I am flying to tokyo on Singapore Airlines economy class next Friday from LAX leaving from Terminal B. I researched online and found that the only lounge there is the Star Alliance Lounge I think. I have a United Club Pass Lounge for one day use and was wondering if the Star Alliance Lounge will accept it? Does anybody have experience with this and can let me know whether it will be okay or not?

Thanks!

syzygy Sep 16, 2013 10:24 pm

United Club one day passes can NOT be used at Star Alliance lounges; only at the 48 clubs branded United Club. Unless you can get into the United Club in terminal 6 or 7 at LAX, you are out of luck.

knowledgesqrd Sep 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Darn, thanks.

sannmann Sep 17, 2013 4:24 am

Also, United Club does not have day passes; they have one-time passes. When you use your one-time pass, you can only get into the club once.

bzcat Sep 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Usually day pass is sold by the airline you are traveling so in this case, you should check with Hawaiian to see if they sell a day pass. If they do, it will probably be the Air Canada lounge or the former Air France lounge.

You may want to consider buying a membership in Priority Pass: https://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-it-Costs.cfm

That will for sure get you access to the Air Canada lounge at Terminal 2.

91lsc Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm

using skymiles to fly business class red eye on dl on a sat nite after arriving in la friday morning cruise. would it be wise to purchase a lounge pass to shower up before the flight? saw some reasonably available online. i dont think the marriotts let you check out past 2pm.

R&R Sep 23, 2013 5:42 am

LAX lounges next week for several hours layover.

Are there any foods of significance available at the LAX STAR ALLIANCE or the Amer Airlines lounges?
I all but gave up on UA lounge, since I don't drink or snack on cheese! :td:

Also, will have access to the Cathay Pacific lounge for First Class!
Might be the best bet! ^

SFO777 Sep 23, 2013 6:01 am

Originally Posted by R&R (Post 21489001)
Are there any foods of significance available at the LAX STAR ALLIANCE or the Amer Airlines lounges?
I all but gave up on UA lounge, since I don't drink or snack on cheese! :td:
Also, will have access to the Cathay Pacific lounge for First Class!
Might be the best bet! ^

Star Alliance Business Class Lounge at LAX

Mabuk dan gila Sep 23, 2013 6:08 am

But of course that all changes in a couple of days when the NEW Star Alliance lounge opens at LAX TBIT.:D

cblaisd Sep 23, 2013 7:51 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...ne-thread.html

JOUY31 Sep 23, 2013 10:45 am

Moving this thread to the Los Angeles forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator

R&R Sep 24, 2013 3:30 am

Marriott late check outs!

Later check outs depends on their inventory and/or Reservation load, as well as, your status! It pays to ask and miracles can happen! :D

bzcat Sep 24, 2013 5:42 pm

New Star Alliance lounge at TBIT opens 9/25/13. I also added this info to the wiki post at the top of the thread.

dukerau Oct 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Newbie to lounges here as a strictly leisure traveller who has never used one. I have an upcoming 7.5 hour layover at LAX, arriving at T1 on US and departing from TBIT on FJ. I have a day pass for US Airways Club, a one-time pass for United lounge, and a complimentary Lounge Club pass. Which lounge would be best to use? It seems like the United lounges in T6 and T7 are far out of my way. From what I've read, I'm leaning towards the Skyteam lounge in TBIT using my LC pass.

Craig6z Oct 21, 2013 6:53 am

You would have a very difficult time accessing the United Club, without a ticket that would allow you into that satellite complex (a ticket allowing you into Terminal 5, 6, or 7). While you can use the USAir club when you arrive in Terminal 1, it's pretty ghetto and you would be bored out of your mind after a couple of hours.

Mabuk dan gila Oct 21, 2013 7:42 am

Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 21640938)
Newbie to lounges here as a strictly leisure traveller who has never used one. I have an upcoming 7.5 hour layover at LAX, arriving at T1 on US and departing from TBIT on FJ. I have a day pass for US Airways Club, a one-time pass for United lounge, and a complimentary Lounge Club pass. Which lounge would be best to use? It seems like the United lounges in T6 and T7 are far out of my way. From what I've read, I'm leaning towards the Skyteam lounge in TBIT using my LC pass.

I'd say Korean Air/Skyteam lounge in TBIT for sure. It's not the greatest lounge in the world but it's after security so you can stay there right up until it's time to board instead of leaving WAY early to change terminals, check-in, clear security........

They are supposed to be opening a new, really awesome, Korean Air/Skyteam lounge 'soon' as part of the TBIT expansion but as of now they are still using the old one.

The only issue I see is you can't get to it until you are checked in for the FJ flight and they probably don't open check-in until 4 hours before the flight. If you don't mind burning two passes perhaps it makes sense to use the US Air lounge until FJ check-in opens and then the Korean Air lounge after you are checked in for the FJ flight.

schumia Oct 21, 2013 8:53 am

Originally Posted by schumia (Post 21456992)
Tks for your help bzcat. There's someone in my company who's not able to walk too far so I was hoping there's some lounge at the airport that we can just waste the afternoon. I understand United and AA lounges are out of the question. Air NZ we can't go either.

I noticed there's an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in T-2, do I also need to fly Air Canada to gain access ? Nothing like a one-day pass we can purchase ??

Hi all,

I just want to answer my own thread now that I've learned a bit more.
If you're a Chase Ink Bold/Plus business card holder, you're entitled to 2 FREE entries to the Lounge Club at LAX. There are 4 Lounge Clubs at LAX, 2 at TBIT and 1 happens to be in Term 2 - AIR FRANCE BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE (https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lo...ge-detail/LAX9) Looks like this will be what I"ll do....

You can read more about how to apply for your free pass to LC here:
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/two-...with-ink-bold/

JayBird0711 Oct 23, 2013 5:05 pm

LAX United Club Time when arriving DL and departing AF?

will have a 2.5 hour layover in LAX before boarding air france flight to PPT. I will be arriving at LAX on Delta. As I understand it, AF flies out of Terminal 2 and united club is in terminal 7. Any time problems with getting from united club to terminal 2 in my time frame? Never flown internationally out of LAX. thanks.

SpewyMcSpew Oct 23, 2013 5:40 pm

LAX only has a terminal to terminal bus so it will take time to get from 7 to 2. It should work but you would be cutting it very close.

sabbasolo Oct 23, 2013 5:46 pm

LAX United Club Time?

By all means visit the club, but you can't transfer airside between terminal 7 and TBIT, and go through security again.
I assume you will be able to check your bags all the way through.
You can walk or take the shuttle bus.
Welcome to a modern LAX airport!

sabbasolo Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I meant that you won't be able to spend more than a minute or two in the club

JayBird0711 Oct 23, 2013 5:56 pm

My bags will be checked all the way through. So I am confused. Will it work to go in there and drink a ton of beer or not??? :)

PainCorp Oct 23, 2013 6:00 pm

I believe only two flights for AF go out of T2, might want to confirm it isn't out of TBIT.

UAPremExecflyer Oct 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by JayBird0711 (Post 21658030)
My bags will be checked all the way through. So I am confused. Will it work to go in there and drink a ton of beer or not??? :)

How (under what criteria) are you proposing to enter the UC?

JayBird0711 Oct 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer (Post 21658069)
How (under what criteria) are you proposing to enter the UC?

I have two free passes to the united club

Ocn Vw 1K Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm

DL in LAX uses T5 and T6 for domestic arrivals. They are inter-connected within the secure area. There is a United Club in T6. If your DL arrival gate was in T6, and you had an on-time arrival, you'd clearly have time to use the United Club in T-6, but you would still have to transit to T2 or the Int'l. Terminal to re-clear security for your AF flight and arrive at the gate by the required time.

[With Mod. hat on, as this is essentially an LAX connection thread, I'll move this to the Los Angeles forum for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Mod. TravelBuzz.]

JDiver Oct 23, 2013 9:32 pm

According to the LAX airport website, Air France departures seem mostly scheduled from Terminal 2, AF AF66/65 use TIBT (but use their flight information system, since we have no flight number to work with).

Link

JayBird0711 Oct 24, 2013 5:47 am

Land in terminal 5 and then my air France flight 76 leaves out of terminal 2. Didn't know I would have to go through security again at lax? So how much time should I allow to travel from teinal 6 united club to my air France gate? Thanks.

bzcat Oct 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by JayBird0711 (Post 21660335)
Land in terminal 5 and then my air France flight 76 leaves out of terminal 2. Didn't know I would have to go through security again at lax? So how much time should I allow to travel from teinal 6 united club to my air France gate? Thanks.

It will take you less than 10 minutes to walk from T6 to T2 (cut across the horseshoe on the ground level or stay upper level and cut through the garages). No luggage is a plus. The "Terminal Connection" shuttle bus will take at least 15 minutes because it has to stop at T7, circle around, and stop at T1. Always budget about 30 minutes to clear security at LAX and count yourself lucky if you get through faster.

Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/BP70m

You will definitely have time to walk to UA Lounge @ T7 and get a drink as long as you don't accidentally exit T5.

JayBird0711 Oct 24, 2013 5:05 pm

There is a uc club in terminal 6. Wouldn't that be better than going to 7?

bzcat Oct 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by JayBird0711 (Post 21663905)
There is a uc club in terminal 6. Wouldn't that be better than going to 7?

Sure... but I believe the T7 one is a lot nicer. But I could be wrong.

Forgot to ask... Your incoming Delta flight is a domestic flight? If so then yes, you have time to jog over to the UA lounge.

If you are on a connecting international flight, you will not have time.

realcruises Oct 31, 2013 11:25 am

Which Lounge is the nicest to hang out in pre-flight for a couple of hours at LAX? I know there have been some changes lately at TBIT. It will be late tonight. our flight departs at 1am.

bzcat Oct 31, 2013 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by realcruises (Post 21701875)
Which Lounge is the nicest to hang out in pre-flight for a couple of hours at LAX? I know there have been some changes lately at TBIT. It will be late tonight. our flight departs at 1am.

If you are flying out TBIT, there are currently 4 lounges: Star, OneWorld, SkyTeam, and Unaligned. Star is the only one in the new building and that is the one I would try to hang out. The other ones are all run down and about to be replaced.

11 PM to 1 AM is peak departure hours at LAX to Asia and Australia so expect a large crowd inside some of the lounges

thebouncer Nov 11, 2013 1:58 am

Hi I arrive on VS23 at 18:00 or so and I have 6 hours before my flight with TACA to SAL. I don't have star alliance status, so what options do I have to grab a shower etc? (if any) both flights are out of T2