FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/477264-lounges-lax-access-showers-questions-one-consolidated-thread.html)

IceTrojan Oct 19, 15 2:39 am

For $100 worth in lounge day pass fees, you might as well Hotwire/Priceline a hotel room nearby (or find a room with a day rate).

Go to a hotel lobby to hang out... it's free. If you need food, I'm sure you can find some food that's better than the lounges for under $100.

You can also enjoy an In-n-Out Double-Double for less than $5.

JY1024 Oct 19, 15 8:49 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk, kib1! :)

As your query is specific to lounge access at a particular airport, we'll move this over to the Los Angeles destination forum, which covers all topics pertaining to the LAX airport and the Los Angeles area. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

S43R Nov 4, 15 8:06 am

I will be flying on a domestic red eye out of T5 (Delta) around 10 pm. Which PP lounge would be most convenient (and worthwhile) to access?

TWA884 Nov 4, 15 8:43 am

Originally Posted by S43R (Post 25661984)
I will be flying on a domestic red eye out of T5 (Delta) around 10 pm. Which PP lounge would be most convenient (and worthwhile) to access?

The Alaska Airlines Board Room in T6 is the only the only Priority Pass lounge at LAX that's accessible to/from Delta's T5 without having to go through TSA screening.

TennisNoob Nov 20, 15 5:49 pm

Advise appreciated below.
-----------
Going to LAX from IAH on UA1169
2 Hour connection connecting onto OZ to ICN

Which lounge should I use for First Class within the star network?
How long should I expect to get from the United Terminal to the Tom Bradley terminal?

Pat Plus Nov 20, 15 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 25748432)
Advise appreciated below.
-----------
Going to LAX from IAH on UA1169
2 Hour connection connecting onto OZ to ICN

Which lounge should I use for First Class within the star network?
How long should I expect to get from the United Terminal to the Tom Bradley terminal?

The link in the wiki (https://loungereview.com/ultimate-gu...-lounge-scene/) has should provide you with the details that you need, but in a nutshell:

- There's only one Star Alliance First Class lounge, so that's where you'll want to go :P It's a small but lovely lounge and the amenities of the adjacent business lounge are outstanding.

- It will take 10-25 minutes (10 is aggressive, 25 conservative) to switch terminals.

TennisNoob Nov 20, 15 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Pat+ (Post 25748688)
in a nutshell:

- There's only one Star Alliance First Class lounge, so that's where you'll want to go :P It's a small but lovely lounge and the amenities of the adjacent business lounge are outstanding.

Thanks! So which gate # is the lounge near?

Asiana was clueless when I asked over the phone

TWA884 Nov 20, 15 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 25749008)
Thanks! So which gate # is the lounge near?

Asiana was clueless when I asked over the phone

The Star Alliance Lounge is not located by a gate, it's on the sixth floor at the top of the escalator bank near the Time Tower in the atrium in the center of the terminal (right past security).
Map
Here are Star Alliance' instructions how to find it:

Los Angeles Airport- LAX

How to find the Star Alliance lounge at Los Angeles Airport:

The lounge can be found in the new Tom Bradley International Terminal on level 6, accessible via escalator or elevator from the main atrium area.

The lounge is airside after security and accessible only by guests departing from this terminal.

The lounge will be open to accommodate all Star Alliance departures each day from 09:15 until 00:30 – times may change depending on Star Alliance flight schedules from TBIT.

Enjoy your stay at the Star Alliance lounge at Los Angeles Airport.

Best regards,

Your Star Alliance Team

Boraxo Nov 25, 15 6:50 pm

Lounge Access for Economy Traveler? [at LAX]

Never buy a day pass at a club- you can easily buy them for $10-20 each on eBay.

Personally I agree with the suggestions - take an uber to Venice Beach and enjoy a few beers and some food while watching the free entertainment on the bordwalk

eethan Dec 28, 15 6:03 pm

Arrival lounge when LAX is final dest?

I'm arriving in QF F and need to wait 3 hours. After clearing customs, I'll be outside security. But it seems I'll need to re-clear security to use any lounges.

Problem is - LAX is my final destination. Is there any way to gain access and is it worth the trouble?

TWA884 Dec 28, 15 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by eethan (Post 25927740)
I'm arriving in QF F and need to wait 3 hours. After clearing customs, I'll be outside security. But it seems I'll need to re-clear security to use any lounges.

Problem is - LAX is my final destination. Is there any way to gain access and is it worth the trouble?

The TBIT lounges are airside. You must clear immigration and customs, and TSA security in order to access the lounges; you can't do the latter without a boarding pass for a flight departing LAX the same day.

txflyer77 Jan 16, 16 11:37 am

I've got a five hour layover coming up. Arriving SQ F off NRT-LAX, continuing LAX-DEN on UA Y on a separate ticket.

I know I can physically get to the *A lounge in TBIT but will I have access?

Pat Plus Jan 16, 16 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77 (Post 26028513)
I've got a five hour layover coming up. Arriving SQ F off NRT-LAX, continuing LAX-DEN on UA Y on a separate ticket.

Yes if you are a Star Gold member. See the links in the wiki for details. But you'll need to clear immigration and customs, go through security, then leave the TBIT, go to United's terminal, and then go through security again.

No access otherwise.

Kiwi Flyer Jan 16, 16 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77 (Post 26028513)

No access. SQ F does not provide lounge access on arrival and you don't appear to have airline status/club membership that would provide lounge access on departure from LAX.

mongobot Feb 22, 16 12:40 pm

Which domestic United lounge?

So I've got a couple hours at LAX (I'm there currently) on a domestic itinerary and am planning on burning a pass at one of lounges.
I seem to recall there are at least two - is any one better than the other?

Pat Plus Feb 22, 16 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by konoyaro (Post 26226830)
So I've got a couple hours at LAX (I'm there currently) on a domestic itinerary and am planning on burning a pass at one of lounges.
I seem to recall there are at least two - is any one better than the other?

One time passes aren't accepted at LAX. There isn't even remotely enough space for paid members.

Otherwise, both clubs are terrible but the one upstairs has daylight, at least: https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...st-lounge-lax/

HookemFlier Mar 29, 16 9:11 am

Best paid LAX lounge for departure from TBIT or Terminal 4?

Hope I'm posting this to the right place - I'm fairly new here. My mother will be traveling DFW-BNE via LAX on AA and then Qantas, and due to AA cancelling a flight (:mad:) she now has a six hour layover in LAX.

She does not have status on either airline, so I'd like to buy her a day pass so she can wait in the lounge during the layover. Any recommendations on paid day passes in either TBIT or Terminal 4? Would really appreciate any help!

bzcat Mar 29, 16 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by HookemFlier (Post 26403764)
Hope I'm posting this to the right place - I'm fairly new here. My mother will be traveling DFW-BNE via LAX on AA and then Qantas, and due to AA cancelling a flight (:mad:) she now has a six hour layover in LAX.

She does not have status on either airline, so I'd like to buy her a day pass so she can wait in the lounge during the layover. Any recommendations on paid day passes in either TBIT or Terminal 4? Would really appreciate any help!

The best choice would be T4 AA lounge. Day pass is $50 and she can use it at DFW and LAX. Transfer between T4 and TBIT is behind security so she doesn't need to leave the secured area to get to her Qantas flight to BNE.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...yPass_FAQs.jsp

If she has priority pass, then the TBIT SkyTeam/Korean Air lounge is another (though more pricey) option.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...es-CA-LAX-Intl

How far out is her travel date? She can probably join priority pass if this is a few weeks out.

HookemFlier Mar 31, 16 10:04 am

Thanks very much for the help @bzcat! She's unfortunately traveling out on Sunday so I likely won't have time to have her join priority pass

apple1122 Apr 16, 16 2:50 pm

One world exit lounge in LAX

Hi,

I have a flight via JAL first class landing in LAX and I also have citi priority longer pass. Does LAX have exit lounge that I can use (like in HK airport?) In TB terminal or terminal 4. I have a 4 hours connecting flight via southwest in T1 and I don't think there's any lounge I can use in T1?

Thanks

IADCAflyer Apr 16, 16 3:13 pm

There hasn't been any 1W presence in several years - since US first moved from T1 to T3, before merging everything into T4.

ericcheung Apr 16, 16 6:04 pm

Are you checking in luggage?

If you can check-in online for your next flight you can go back into the airside areas - regardless whether they are in a different terminal. Technically you need to be departing on a OW carrier to be allowed back into a lounge, in addition to the JL F arrival, but if you get a nice AA agent, it could work.

Problem with checked luggage, is that you need to pick it up at TBIT and take the bus to check in at T1 and then go to a lounge. If you were flying with a carrier that interlines, you can have you bags checked straight through (just pickup and redrop off)

T1 has always been a zoo with Southwest - delayed flights plus just an overcrowded terminal.

Depending on your timing, some hotels have day rates that you can use for a few hours where you can shower and freshen up prior too your last flight.

Dave Noble Apr 16, 16 6:07 pm

There is no Arrivals Lounge

Given that your departure is on Southwest, there is no lounge entitlement

Given that your departure is in T1, I think that you will need a lounge that is situated in T1. Given that the only priority Pass lounges are in 2, International and 6 , I think that will not work for you

Ready2Go Apr 16, 16 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 26495127)
Given that your departure is in T1, I think that you will need a lounge that is situated in T1. Given that the only priority Pass lounges are in 2, International and 6 , I think that will not work for you

OP isn't necessarily limited to T1. As ericcheung noted, if OP has a boarding pass for the Southwest flight (including a mobile one), that's good for access to any terminal. 2x through TSA is a bit of a drag, but with 4 hours there would be plenty of time. The Air Canada and KAL lounges both accept Priority Pass and both have showers.

Microwave Apr 16, 16 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ready2Go (Post 26495191)
The Air Canada and KAL lounges both accept Priority Pass and both have showers.

I think these are the best bets.

Microwave Apr 16, 16 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122 (Post 26494581)
I have a flight via JAL first class landing in LAX and I also have citi priority longer pass. Does LAX have exit lounge that I can use (like in HK airport?) In TB terminal or terminal 4. I have a 4 hours connecting flight via southwest in T1 and I don't think there's any lounge I can use in T1?

As you're starting on JAL and finishing on Southwest, your travels have nothing really to do with AA. As you have no lounge entitlement from either JL or WN, I'm going to shift this to the Los Angeles forum for further discussion.

~Microwave
AAdvantage forum co-moderator

uhclem May 11, 16 1:37 pm

Access to LAX Star Alliance Lounge

I have a business class ticket on UA departing LAX-SYD (I assume out of T7). I'd prefer to avoid the UA club.

Will I have access to the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT? If so, is this a better hang than the Alaska Board Room (I have Priority Pass as well).

Thanks in advance for any insights!

bzcat May 12, 16 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by uhclem (Post 26610758)
Will I have access to the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT? If so, is this a better hang than the Alaska Board Room (I have Priority Pass as well).

Not sure about access. Probably have to ask in the UA section.

But, yes it is a better hang. Massively better :cool:

dhuey May 13, 16 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by uhclem (Post 26610758)
I have a business class ticket on UA departing LAX-SYD (I assume out of T7). I'd prefer to avoid the UA club.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

You're entitled to access any *A lounge when you are flying in business on a *A flight. I would think you can access the TBIT even though you're flying out of T7, but maybe an LAX regular in this forum will confirm that.

TWA884 May 13, 16 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 26621695)
I would think you can access the TBIT even though you're flying out of T7, but maybe an LAX regular in this forum will confirm that.

Yes, indeed, as of a couple of years ago one can access any terminal at LAX with a same day boarding pass for a flight departing LAX.

Originally Posted by Los Angeles World Airports
In recent months, TSA started a new policy that allows travelers holding boarding passes for same-day departures to process through passenger security screening in any terminal, regardless of their airline’s terminal, to shop and dine.

In addition, since the opening of the T4-TBIT Connector at the end of February, TBIT, T4, T5, T6 and T7 are all connected behind security.

uhclem May 16, 16 4:07 pm

Thanks--given that I have to check bags with United, it might be quite the walk from T7/8 to TBIT and back again. But if I have the time, it sounds like the right thing to do.

foreigner Jun 7, 16 9:44 pm

Hi all, I'll be arriving into LAX on VA. TBIT. I wonder which of the priority pass affiliated lounges are worth looking up...Maple Leaf or KAL. Can either of these be accessed from TBIT airside?

I am flying out on VX so The Loft is there anyway but so far as I know it doesn't have showers. Suggestions appreciated.

bzcat Jun 8, 16 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by foreigner (Post 26745847)
Hi all, I'll be arriving into LAX on VA. TBIT. I wonder which of the priority pass affiliated lounges are worth looking up...Maple Leaf or KAL. Can either of these be accessed from TBIT airside?

I am flying out on VX so The Loft is there anyway but so far as I know it doesn't have showers. Suggestions appreciated.

You have to clear customs so you will be on land side. VX is in T3 right next door so you can access the Loft but there is no shower as you noted.

If you have Priority Pass, you can get back to TBIT air side after you check in with VX in T3 (you can enter any terminal with valid boarding pass) and use the KE/Skyteam lounge. It has shower and decent amenities. T2 involves more walking and the Maple Leaf lounge is not as nice as KE.

But leave yourself plenty of time because you have to exit TBIT and re-clear TSA at T3. There is no air side connection between the two terminals.

Since you are QF Gold, Next time just book the connecting flight on AA instead of VX so you can access the QF/AA lounges in TBIT or T4 and not have to do the TSA shuffle ;)

foreigner Jun 8, 16 3:20 pm

Thanks for reply. Good suggestions. Hopefully will have boarding passes in SYD and luggage checked thru. In that case will head to KAL. If not, will go to VX first. Unfortunately booked award flights so not the best arrangements. My return to LAX is on AA but then i connect to VA to Australia. Hope to use AA lounge in SAN. Will likely keep with LOFT in LAX.

MNSWEEps Jun 8, 16 4:02 pm

We will be traveling Qantas to AKL in next few months from TBIT. We all have priority pass select. Can we access the Korean lounge with priority pass even though we flying Qantas?

bzcat Jun 8, 16 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by foreigner (Post 26749693)
Thanks for reply. Good suggestions. Hopefully will have boarding passes in SYD and luggage checked thru. In that case will head to KAL. If not, will go to VX first. Unfortunately booked award flights so not the best arrangements. My return to LAX is on AA but then i connect to VA to Australia. Hope to use AA lounge in SAN. Will likely keep with LOFT in LAX.

If you can get luggage tagged all the way to your final destination and have boarding pass printed at SYD, that will really help with going back to TBIT airside to use the KE lounge. You can drop off the luggage at TBIT right after you exit customs but before exiting the secured area. After that, just go upstairs and clear TSA without having to go to T3. You can always do online check-in with VX once you land at LAX as well.

On your return trip, would not advise using VX Loft because it is in T3 while VA departs from TBIT. Assuming AA tags your luggage to SYD, you can go from T4 to TBIT air side without leaving secured area so no point going to T3 just to use the lounge. Stick with TBIT KE lounge again with Priority Pass.

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps (Post 26749894)
We will be traveling Qantas to AKL in next few months from TBIT. We all have priority pass select. Can we access the Korean lounge with priority pass even though we flying Qantas?

Yes

foreigner Jun 8, 16 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat (Post 26750049)

If you can get luggage tagged all the way to your final destination and have boarding pass printed at SYD, that will really help with going back to TBIT airside to use the KE lounge. You can drop off the luggage at TBIT right after you exit customs but before exiting the secured area. After that, just go upstairs and clear TSA without having to go to T3. You can always do online check-in with VX once you land at LAX as well.

On your return trip, would not advise using VX Loft because it is in T3 while VA departs from TBIT. Assuming AA tags your luggage to SYD, you can go from T4 to TBIT air side without leaving secured area so no point going to T3 just to use the lounge. Stick with TBIT KE lounge again with Priority Pass.

bzcat, I sincerely appreciate your advices.

I am not too hopeful that AA will tag baggage to SYD but will try my best at SAN if they can. I may reconsider whether I should have just carry on luggage for this trip.

muffler Jun 25, 16 2:22 am

Hi all, I am going to make my 1st trip to LAX soon and on my return, I will have about 6 hrs to kill as I am taking CI flight outbound (TBIT). As this is gonna be my first visit to LAX, may I know which lounge/s can I access pre-flight as I am flying business? And does it mean that I will need to hang around the main halls till checkin opens (presumably 3hrs b4 flight) before I can deposit my luggage and go to the lounges? Thank you very much!

bzcat Jun 27, 16 12:31 pm

If you are flying CI business class, you will have access to the Skyteam KE lounge.

CI counter typically opens 3 hours before the flight. Since you mention that you have 6 hours to kill, I assume you are connecting. What is your connecting flight to LAX? Try to have your bags tagged directly to TPE by the first airline so you don't need to worry about your luggage.

There is also self check-in kiosk you can use so you can get boarding pass and luggage tags. I'm not 100% sure if CI participates in the self check-in kiosk but BR and CX do for example.

Non-NonRev Jun 30, 16 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by maortega15 (Post 26854676)
A bit OT, but is the oneworld lounge at the TBIT open all day?

0630 to 2230.