FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/477264-lounges-lax-access-showers-questions-one-consolidated-thread.html)

oh_lol Mar 16, 2017 10:50 pm

I wish there was a lounge in T1 :(

edit: I can't remember, but would I be able to get off my flight in TBIT and walk straight to a lounge in there?
I get off a 16h flight, with a 4h lay-over leaving T1. A shower is all I'll be looking for!

TWA884 Mar 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol (Post 28047702)
edit: I can't remember, but would I be able to get off my flight in TBIT and walk straight to a lounge in there?

If you are arriving on an international flight, unless you are coming from an airport with a US pre-clearance facility, you must first clear immigrations and customs and go through TSA security before accessing the lounges.

However, you can access any terminal with a boarding pass for a flight departing from LAX the same day.

Mrp Alert Mar 21, 2017 10:01 pm

May looks like the end of the AC Lounge at T2. What other lounge changes are coming?
http://ktla.com/2017/03/21/21-airlines-to-move-terminals-overnight-during-massive-lax-relocation-effort-in-mid-may/

Pat Plus Mar 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert (Post 28069595)
May looks like the end of the AC Lounge at T2. What other lounge changes are coming?
http://ktla.com/2017/03/21/21-airlin...rt-in-mid-may/

In a nutshell, and at the top of my mind:
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge will close, but AC is planning on opening a new location.
- The Loft by Virgin America will close, which was bound to happen with the merger anyway
- American will take over the Delta Sky Club in T5 and convert it into a third Admirals Club
- Delta will build a brand new club in T2-T3 (possibly a "showcase" club like SEA/SFO)

I'll confirm the finer details with the airlines very soon.

oh_lol Mar 22, 2017 12:23 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 28047734)
If you are arriving on an international flight, unless you are coming from an airport with a US pre-clearance facility, you must first clear immigrations and customs and go through TSA security before accessing the lounges.

However, you can access any terminal with a boarding pass for a flight departing from LAX the same day.

https://twitter.com/flyLAXairport/st...94283161239553

Thank you for the info.

I might have to use the Southwest shuttle and go from T1 after checking in, to TBIT and grabbing a shower in a lounge there, then head back to T1 on the shuttle.

HIFlya Mar 23, 2017 8:10 pm

So...pretty much PP members/users are screwed lounge wise at LAX after the move. At least before, you had access to at least one PP lounge on each side of the airport, but after the move, all the PP lounges are going to be on the south side of the airport, with no ability to get to them air side if you are no the north side of the airport.

worldwidetraveler Mar 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Priority Pass Lounge acessability from T7

Will be checking in at United T7, about 2 hours before flight. Looks like closest club for PP holders is run by Alaska Airlines in T6. There are other eligible clubs airside in the international terminal (TBIT). Time wise how far are they walking from T7?

TWA884 Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler (Post 28095206)
Time wise how far are they walking from T7?

It's about a 3-5 minutes walk between adjacent terminals. Figure on about a 15-20 minutes walk between T7 and TBIT.

Eastbay1K Mar 28, 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler (Post 28095206)
Will be checking in at United T7, about 2 hours before flight. Looks like closest club for PP holders is run by Alaska Airlines in T6. There are other eligible clubs airside in the international terminal (TBIT). Time wise how far are they walking from T7?

Note that the AS lounge has recently had frequent "overcrowding - PP not accepted" sign out, and that the KE lounge (TBIT) has limited PP hours posted on the website, although reports are that the hours aren't always enforced. Given that it is about a 40 minute RT trek, just a head's up.

worldwidetraveler Apr 2, 2017 10:17 pm

Tried the lounges today with Priority Pass

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 28097370)
Note that the AS lounge has recently had frequent "overcrowding - PP not accepted" sign out, and that the KE lounge (TBIT) has limited PP hours posted on the website, although reports are that the hours aren't always enforced. Given that it is about a 40 minute RT trek, just a head's up.

From United (T7) after security (12:15pm Sunday) to the Korean Airlines lounge in the TBIT it took me about 20 minutes, walking briskly. Signs were easy to follow going there. I missed a turn in one of the tunnels on the way back to United Gate 70B, so it took 30 minutes.
The AS lounge in T6 had a sign out saying that PP was not being accepted! Of course it's the closest "PP" lounge to United's T7, less than 10 minutes away, but what good is it if it turns away PP card holders!
The KOA lounge had self service liquors, wines, sandwiches, etc.

brenrox Apr 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler (Post 28121323)
From United (T7) after security (12:15pm Sunday) to the Korean Airlines lounge in the TBIT it took me about 20 minutes, walking briskly. Signs were easy to follow going there. I missed a turn in one of the tunnels on the way back to United Gate 70B, so it took 30 minutes.
The AS lounge in T6 had a sign out saying that PP was not being accepted! Of course it's the closest "PP" lounge to United's T7, less than 10 minutes away, but what good is it if it turns away PP card holders!
The KOA lounge had self service liquors, wines, sandwiches, etc.

I am flying an early Monday afternoon on May 23rd on UA and I see Virgin will be using the Alaska lounge due to their move, so I anticipate the sign also....

Once through security, I assume you don't have to pass security again going to the Korean lounge?

TWA884 Apr 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox (Post 28176240)
Once through security, I assume you don't have to pass security again going to the Korean lounge?

Since the opening of the T4 - TBIT connector last year, it is possible to connect between TBIT and T4, T5, T6 and T7 without exiting the secure airside area.

brenrox Apr 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 28176312)
Since the opening of the T4 - TBIT connector last year, it is possible to connect between TBIT and T4, T5, T6 and T7 without exiting the secure airside area.

Perfect, thank you!

HIFlya May 2, 2017 3:57 pm

I heard in the MLL thread that MLL is not contracting with PP after the move. So the PP access is further getting reduced at LAX. Not sure what options are available for PP to up their game at this point because right now their lounge choices are looking bad for such a major airport like LAX. Wonder if there is room for them to open a Club in one of the Delta terminals.

garygleck May 6, 2017 9:48 am

Priority Pass LAX

Looks like we are "screwed". We have an Aer Lingus flight in Terminal 2 and priority pass was linked to the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2. With the move, I presume we will not have access to a lounge in Terminal 2....

Hawaiian717 May 6, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by garygleck (Post 28276298)
Looks like we are "screwed". We have an Aer Lingus flight in Terminal 2 and priority pass was linked to the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2. With the move, I presume we will not have access to a lounge in Terminal 2....

Aer Lingus operates from the Bradley terminal, not T2, and isn't impacted by the move. The KAL (Korean Air) Lounge in Bradley accepts Priority Pass.

EDIT: Ok, so I misread the map. EI is indeed in T2 and staying there.

TWA884 May 6, 2017 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by garygleck (Post 28276298)

You can access any terminal at LAX with a same day boarding pass for any airline (if challenged, tell them you are going to the lounge).

Hawaiian717 May 12, 2017 12:20 pm

LoungeReview.com has an article with what's currently known about lounge changes in relation to the move:

https://loungereview.com/lax-may-201...rline-lounges/

Summary:
  • Terminal 2: AC Maple Leaf Lounge converting to DL SkyClub. VS Clubhouse stays.
  • Terminal 3: VX Loft converting to DL SkyClub.
  • Terminal 5: DL SkyClub converting to AA Admirals Club.
  • Terminal 6: AS Alaska Lounge will accept VX First Class and VX Elevate Gold members and offer reduced price day passes to VX Elevate Silver members throughout he end of the year. New AC Maple Leaf Lounge to open with members directed to Terminal 7 United Club in the interim.

ibopm May 20, 2017 7:59 am

As someone with Priority Pass, flying out from LAX in Terminal 2 today, I'm quite salty about not having lounge access. I didn't pay hundreds in annual fees to not have access to a lounge in one of the largest airports in the US.

I'm only here 2 hours before my flight, so I don't feel like making the trek to Tom Bradley either. I hope things are better after the renovations and the moves are finalized.

axsuul1 May 27, 2017 5:46 pm

LAX TBIT First Class Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy [to be merged]

I'll be flying on F with ANA LAX-HND and will be accessing the First Class Star Alliance lounge in TBIT. I understand I'm allowed one guest but it's not clear what the policy is. My guest will not be flying on a star alliance airline (Korea Air)--can I still bring her in?

The policy here states that I can bring one guest:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

However, the policy here states the guest must also be flying with a Star Alliance partner:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sta...ss-lounge-lax/

Anyone know if I'm allowed to bring in my friend? Thanks!

Fireflyer05 May 29, 2017 2:05 am

If you scroll down the page of your first link, you can find the definition of a guest:

Guests
First Class, Star Alliance Gold and Eligible Paid Lounge Membership customers are each entitled to a maximum of one guest. The guest must enter the designated lounge with the Eligible Customer and present a boarding pass for any Star Alliance member airline operated flight departing from the local airport.
So no, if your friend is not on a Star Alliance flight, you can't bring her in.

brenrox Jun 4, 2017 10:41 pm

Flew out of Terminal 7 on a Monday early afternoon and was able to get access to Alaskan Lounge. Food was average, but good selection of beer.

Eastbay1K Jun 6, 2017 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox (Post 28403206)
Flew out of Terminal 7 on a Monday early afternoon and was able to get access to Alaskan Lounge. Food was average, but good selection of beer.

The Lounge is Alaska. The Beer is Alaskan ;)

respawn Jul 5, 2017 2:10 am

My wife and I are laying over in LAX for four today on our way to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We are flying AA so we should have airside access to TBIT and T4-8. I was hoping to buy day passes to the American lounge, but they are currently not accepting day passes due to construction. We sadly have no credit cards or status that will contribute towards lounge access.

Can anybody advise me on a lounge in T4-8 or TBIT that will allow a newlywed couple on a 16 hour travel day to purchase a day pass?

Craig6z Jul 5, 2017 7:43 am

Originally Posted by respawn (Post 28521065)
Can anybody advise me on a lounge in T4-8 or TBIT that will allow a newlywed couple on a 16 hour travel day to purchase a day pass?

Suggest the newly remodeled United Club in T-7. Here is a blogger review: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...ub-lax-review/

respawn Jul 5, 2017 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Craig6z (Post 28521818)
Suggest the newly remodeled United Club in T-7. Here is a blogger review: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...ub-lax-review/

Wow. Just read the review and the lounge sounds awesome. The missus and I are definitely going to check it out when we arrive in a couple of hours. Thanks

TWA884 Jul 5, 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by respawn (Post 28521065)

Did you check the following thread in the American Airlines forum?
Also, the Korean Air Lounge at TBIT admits Priority Pass members (currently an annual membership is discounted to $74 and admission is $27 each for a member and a guest).

TWA884 Jul 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Moderator's Action

A recent question about connection time from TBIT to T6 was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Los Angeles moderator

TWA884 Aug 8, 2017 2:04 pm

LAX Admirals Club Update

From One Mile at a Time:

• American will be closing the Terminal 4 Admirals Club as of September 5, 2017. This will allow American to speed up the construction of the lounge, and is also being done since at the moment the lounge is so unpleasant, given how overcrowded it is and also how loud the construction is.
  • American will be opening the new Terminal 5 Admirals Club this month, which will become the primary lounge for the time being. There will be a temporary guest services center in Terminal 4 to assist customers and provide limited light snacks and beverages.
  • The new Terminal 5 Admirals Club will feature expanded food options.
  • American will temporarily be relocating their A321T flights to JFK to Terminal 5, so that they’re closer to the lounge.

SlimpyJones Nov 27, 2017 7:12 am

Hi all,

I have a 3 hour layover at LAX in December. Doing LHR-LAX-AKL , LHR-LAX on VS arriving into T2 and onto Auckland on NZ from Tom Bradley.

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to grab a shower and refresh up a bit during the layover. Does anyone know if there are any showers in TBIT for someone who may not have lounge access?
Alternatively... I may have access to the VS Clubhouse in T2 thanks to my Virgin Gold card, but I am not sure if I can enter T2 with my boarding pass to AKL which departs from TBIT. Even if I can, I imagine I would have to leave T2, and re-enter TBIT, or is there any kind of airside transfer between T2 and TBIT?

Thanks very much.

:)

Edit: Just to add, I have GE and therefore TSA-Pre

Colin Nov 27, 2017 8:38 am

there are no LAX showers except those in lounges

you can go airside T2 to airside Bradley on a DL operated bus - they don't check your boarding pass to use this service

you can enter any terminal at LAX with any same-day boarding pass departing from LAX

you may need a trip to Bradley landside checkin to get a NZ boarding pass

consider your strategy if checking luggage, doubt NZ has an agent at T2 customs exit for baggage recheck if not tagged all the way to AKL at LHR

bzcat Nov 27, 2017 2:24 pm

You can go back to T2 to use VS Clubhouse with your NZ boarding pass. But the key is getting the NZ boarding pass... you'll need to check in with NZ somehow. I'm not sure if NZ does mobile check in and this is extra complicated if you have checked luggage. So in all likelihood, you probably need to walk to TBIT with you luggage to check in, and then walk back to T2 to clear TSA, or clear TSA in TBIT (which has no pre-check!) and take the DL shuttle to T2. Either way, this is about an 1 hour ordeal if you are quick on your feet.

Alternatives are to use the priority pass lounge (if you have access) in TBIT, which is the KE lounge.

Hawaiian717 Dec 1, 2017 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat (Post 29106249)
clear TSA in TBIT (which has no pre-check!)

TSA actually responded to a tweet of mine a couple of weeks ago and apparently TBIT does have PreCheck now:

TSA Pre✓® lanes are available in the TBIT terminal of LAX. Generally, the hours are 10am - 1pm and 7pm - midnight.
Not that it matters in this case since NZ doesn't participate in PreCheck.

SlimpyJones Dec 3, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks everyone for your suggestions :)

GiantCow Jan 14, 2018 10:32 pm

If all I have is an EVA J ticket and Priority Pass, what's the best lounge to kill a few hours? Star Alliance business class lounge?

bzcat Jan 15, 2018 10:05 am

Star Alliance lounge at TBIT is probably the best J lounge in all of LAX.

GiantCow Jan 15, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks, appreciate it.

jerry_greece Feb 2, 2018 1:22 am

So, I am arriving next week @ LAX (TBIT) with LX @ 420p. My next flight is with UA from T7 at around 845p. Given that the immigration lines are not crazy and I am done fast, could I still use the *A lounge @ TBIT? Or I should move fast to T7 United Club (I am *A gold). Thanks

bzcat Feb 5, 2018 2:01 pm

You have almost 4.5 hours so plenty of time to make the connection. If you haven't been to Star lounge at TBIT, I highly recommend it. You will be there for golden hour and sunset so find a seat on the outdoor patio (should be reasonably warm) and enjoy the sun and the views.

Which Lounge Terrace at LAX is Best? - Live and Let's Fly

The UA club in T7 is not too shabby either but Star lounge has better food. If you time your walk from TBIT to T7 right, you can probably hit both.

jerry_greece Feb 5, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks! I was thinking the same. Is it easy to get to *A lounge after you clear migration @ TBIT? Also, how much time should I expect to T7? 20 minutes?