FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/477264-lounges-lax-access-showers-questions-one-consolidated-thread.html)

bspe Apr 6, 2015 4:44 pm

I am flying out of LAX on Delta but I have a one day pass from US Airways for Admirals Club access. I see Alaska's Board Room listed under AA's lounges but would I be able to use it flying Delta and not AA/US Air/Alaskan? Not sure how it would work given how Alaska/Delta relationship is going

TWA884 Apr 6, 2015 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by bspe (Post 24626318)
I am flying out of LAX on Delta but I have a one day pass from US Airways for Admirals Club access. I see Alaska's Board Room listed under AA's lounges but would I be able to use it flying Delta and not AA/US Air/Alaskan? Not sure how it would work given how Alaska/Delta relationship is going

You will not be admitted into the Alaska Board Room.

According to the "LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Lounge & Club Guide" thread in the American Airlines forum, in order to gain entry into the Alaska Board Room at LAX, Admirals Club members must present a membership card (or a 30 day membership receipt) along with a boarding pass for same day travel on AA, US or AS.

You will be able to use the Admirals Club in T4, though. Terminals 4, 5 and 6 are connected airside via tunnel.

bspe Apr 6, 2015 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 24626970)
You will not be admitted into the Alaska Board Room.

According to the "LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Lounge & Club Guide" thread in the American Airlines forum, in order to gain entry into the Alaska Board Room at LAX, Admirals Club members must present a membership card (or a 30 day membership receipt) along with a boarding pass for same day travel on AA, US or AS.

You will be able to use the Admirals Club in T4, though. Terminals 4, 5 and 6 are connected airside via tunnel.

Thank you for your help! I was looking at the actual terminal map on the LAX website this whole time so I didn't know about the tunnels until I did more research. Hoping I can find them!

TWA884 Apr 6, 2015 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by bspe (Post 24627434)
Thank you for your help! I was looking at the actual terminal map on the LAX website this whole time so I didn't know about the tunnels until I did more research. Hoping I can find them!

Here is a link to a map of Delta's terminal T5.

The tunnel is accessible through the escalators located by the duty free shop and the food court.

schnapperin Apr 7, 2015 5:19 am

Will have a 7 hour layover (with a 5.40 am arrival time) at LAX.

Arrival with AA from KOA and flying with AA to JFK - Oneworld Sapphire

I know that I could use the Admirals Club at T4 but how are my chances to get into the new Oneworld Lounge (Not Quantas First)?

TWA884 Apr 7, 2015 10:52 am

Originally Posted by schnapperin (Post 24628385)
I know that I could use the Admirals Club at T4 but how are my chances to get into the new Oneworld Lounge (Not Quantas First)?

The rules are here:

If your oneworldŽ frequent flyer tier status is Emerald or Sapphire, or you are traveling in a First or Business Class cabin on any oneworld member airline, you can access more than 600 airport lounges throughout the world.

<snip>

To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.

<snip>

The following exceptions apply:

<snip>
American Airlines AAdvantageŽ members and US Airways Dividend Miles members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...miralsClub.jsp and http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...b/default.html
<snip>

chloe1733 Apr 7, 2015 4:29 pm

What's my best LAX lounge option?

I'm flying AUS to LAX on United (economy), then LAX to OGG to HawaiianAir (economy plus) in a few weeks. My layover in LAX is about 3.5 hours, so was hoping to stop by a lounge and, as it will be in the morning, perhaps grab some free breakfast.

I have United Club passes from the United credit card that can get me in to any of those, which are in Terminal 7 (which is where my arrival flight will probably land).

I also have Lounge Club membership through Chase Ink, and through that could get into Virgin America Loft in Terminal 3, Alaska Airlines Board Room in Terminal 6, or KAL Lounge in the International Terminal.

Assuming my outgoing flight is out of Terminal 2, could I even get into one of the lounges in a different terminal? Would I want to?

If not, the other lounges available in Terminal 2 are Air France, Maple Leaf, or Air New Zealand. Any easy way to get into those without flying those airlines?

Help very appreciated - having trouble finding this stuff through searches.

aBroadAbroad Apr 7, 2015 6:59 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Since airport-specific questions are usually best addressed in the destination forums, your post has been moved here to the Los Angeles destination subforum.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Moderator, Information Desk

bzcat Apr 8, 2015 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by chloe1733 (Post 24631693)
I'm flying AUS to LAX on United (economy), then LAX to OGG to HawaiianAir (economy plus) in a few weeks. My layover in LAX is about 3.5 hours, so was hoping to stop by a lounge and, as it will be in the morning, perhaps grab some free breakfast.

I have United Club passes from the United credit card that can get me in to any of those, which are in Terminal 7 (which is where my arrival flight will probably land).

I also have Lounge Club membership through Chase Ink, and through that could get into Virgin America Loft in Terminal 3, Alaska Airlines Board Room in Terminal 6, or KAL Lounge in the International Terminal.

Assuming my outgoing flight is out of Terminal 2, could I even get into one of the lounges in a different terminal? Would I want to?

Yes, you can get into all those lounges at T3 or TBIT with a valid boarding pass but you definitely don't want to do that. You are not at LAX long enough to enjoy them factoring in all the time you will spend going thru security. You can get to Alaska's lounge in T6 without leaving security but it's not that special.

If not, the other lounges available in Terminal 2 are Air France, Maple Leaf, or Air New Zealand. Any easy way to get into those without flying those airlines?

Help very appreciated - having trouble finding this stuff through searches.
NZ and AF have moved to TBIT so they are no longer in T2. You won't have access to Maple Leaf lounge.

Your best bet is to use the UA lounge in T7 and stay there for as long as you can.

astroflyer Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Two data points from experiences in the first quarter of 2015

Maple Leaf Lounge in T2 now has showers. It has hot and cold food. It does not have any alcohol. No idea why. Seems to be also the contract lounge for Avianca, Mexicana, and Priority Pass, so it can get rather full. Terminal 2 is also a total dump under renovation. Spend as little time here as possible.

Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT is truly, incredibly awesome. Despite departing out of other terminals I've made use of this lounge twice now. No hassle at all by security (just said I was having dinner and shopping) for entering another terminal. Also no hassle by the lounge staff, just a reminder to allow plenty of time to go through security again.

The outside terrace is insanely nice. The manager even brought us blankets as we sipped champagne by the fire pit. Crazy nice!

kthomas Apr 13, 2015 2:02 am

Arriving T5 DL connecting to AM/DL codeshare likely in T2 with a long layover, possible to access Korean lounge in TBIT? Is the AF lounge still in T2 or closed, does AM have any lounge facilities accessible to its T2 gates at LAX? TIA.

ChuckHH Apr 30, 2015 1:27 am

I have three hour layover at LAX (LHR-LAX-SFO) via LUFTHANSA & United. Does anyone know if I have an access to Korean lounge in TBIT or would I be better off with T7 United lounge? TIA

bzcat Apr 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckHH (Post 24743316)
I have three hour layover at LAX (LHR-LAX-SFO) via LUFTHANSA & United. Does anyone know if I have an access to Korean lounge in TBIT or would I be better off with T7 United lounge? TIA

Your ticket - assuming you are flying business class - won't give you access to Korean (Skyteam) lounge. But if you have Priority Pass, you can access the Korean lounge.

The TBIT Star lounge is much better than T7 UA lounge. But you will have to clear security twice... not worth it. Just head to T7 and use the UA lounge.

You really don't have that much time to enjoy the lounge anyway.

ChuckHH Apr 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat (Post 24746263)
Your ticket - assuming you are flying business class - won't give you access to Korean (Skyteam) lounge. But if you have Priority Pass, you can access the Korean lounge.

The TBIT Star lounge is much better than T7 UA lounge. But you will have to clear security twice... not worth it. Just head to T7 and use the UA lounge.

You really don't have that much time to enjoy the lounge anyway.

Thanks. I do have the Priority Pass from Amex Plat but if I need to go thru the gate twice, I will just settle with the UA lounge.

bcnfish May 10, 2015 8:25 am

Arrival Lounge

I will be arriving on LH450 from FRA in business (and I'm star gold). I need a lounge to shower and change. Is there a special lounge for arriving passengers? Will I have access to the normal Star Alliance lounge in the international terminal?

WaxComb May 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by killuminati (Post 24793646)
I will be arriving on LH450 from FRA in business (and I'm star gold). I need a lounge to shower and change. Is there a special lounge for arriving passengers? Will I have access to the normal Star Alliance lounge in the international terminal?

Unfortunately not unless you're connecting.

bcnfish May 12, 2015 4:58 am

Originally Posted by WaxComb (Post 24799508)
Unfortunately not unless you're connecting.

You mean there's no showers at all for arriving passengers??

TWA884 May 12, 2015 8:48 am

Originally Posted by killuminati (Post 24802749)

To the best of my knowledge, all the lounges at LAX are in the secured areas. Arriving international passengers go through immigration and customs controls immediately after arrival. The exit from the federal inspection facility is outside the secured area. You will not be able to access the lounges without a boarding pass for same day departure from LAX.

Kiwi Flyer May 13, 2015 8:06 am

Originally Posted by killuminati (Post 24802749)

Right. You could try checking into your hotel and showering there, or use a hotel gym/day room.

Alfonse May 19, 2015 11:17 am

I am flying this weekend on Virgin Australian Business Class tickets purchased using Delta miles (partner reward). It is a VA flight (VA2). Can anyone confirm, I believe I am eligible to use the Star Alliance lounge and how long do I need to allow to get to Terminal 3 (pretty sure that is the outbound) for the flight.

Also, when I first check into the airport, how do I get there most efficiently? Do I check in and then go to the other terminal, then through security? Or do I go through terminal 3 security then to the other terminal?

Thanks in advance!

bzcat May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Alfonse (Post 24839077)
I am flying this weekend on Virgin Australian Business Class tickets purchased using Delta miles (partner reward). It is a VA flight (VA2). Can anyone confirm, I believe I am eligible to use the Star Alliance lounge and how long do I need to allow to get to Terminal 3 (pretty sure that is the outbound) for the flight.

Also, when I first check into the airport, how do I get there most efficiently? Do I check in and then go to the other terminal, then through security? Or do I go through terminal 3 security then to the other terminal?

Thanks in advance!

Check in at T3, exit T3, walk to TBIT, clear security, go to Star Lounge. Enjoy the outdoor patio :cool:

Brahmin Jul 11, 2015 4:04 pm

How to exit TBIT without arriving at LAX?

Is this a trick question?

I am flying out of T4 on AA and want to enter TBIT to see off a friend who will be flying out on Cathay the same day.

From the post I have been reading, I gather that it is possible for me to pass thru security at any terminal.

If I go to TBIT and visit the Star lounge , how do I exit TBIT? Do I just exit neat the TSA checkpoint or is it a different procedure?

Thank you for your advice.

bzcat Jul 13, 2015 12:17 pm

There are land side exits near TSA check point.

LivelyFL Jul 15, 2015 10:39 pm

I'm flying in biz LAX>NAN on Fiji Airlines on an AA award ticket. Am I allowed in the OneWorld Lounge in the international terminal? Much thanks.

bzcat Jul 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by LivelyFL (Post 25124058)
I'm flying in biz LAX>NAN on Fiji Airlines on an AA award ticket. Am I allowed in the OneWorld Lounge in the international terminal? Much thanks.

You will have access to the shared international airlines lounge, which is currently used only by Air Tahiti Nui, Phillippines Airlines, El Air, and Fiji. Basically, you will have the place to yourself ;)

Access to TBIT OW Lounge will require OW status while flying on OW carrier, or business class boarding pass on OW carrier. Since Fiji is your carrier (despite AA ticket), you will not be granted access to OW lounge.

LivelyFL Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat (Post 25127379)
You will have access to the shared international airlines lounge, which is currently used only by Air Tahiti Nui, Phillippines Airlines, El Air, and Fiji. Basically, you will have the place to yourself ;)

Access to TBIT OW Lounge will require OW status while flying on OW carrier, or business class boarding pass on OW carrier. Since Fiji is your carrier (despite AA ticket), you will not be granted access to OW lounge.

Thanks so much for the info.

CRAZ8 Jul 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat (Post 25127379)

This is a small lounge, but the food options here were a little better than the much larger KAL lounge right below it when I went through there in May.

LivelyFL Jul 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by CRAZ8 (Post 25128027)
This is a small lounge, but the food options here were a little better than the much larger KAL lounge right below it when I went through there in May.

Thanks!

NDtraveler Jul 31, 2015 2:29 pm

In December, we are landing on Sunday morning at 540 AM from Hawaii and leaving at 830 AM to Austin in business.

Could we go to the Star Alliance lounge in TBIT? Is there enough time to make it over there, shower, have breakfast etc?

We both have TSA Pre Check which will help with security if we need to go through it again.

I am global services and I have a United Club membership (which should give me access?)

NDtraveler

Kiwi Flyer Aug 3, 2015 1:41 am

Originally Posted by NDtraveler (Post 25202802)
In December, we are landing on Sunday morning at 540 AM from Hawaii and leaving at 830 AM to Austin in business.

Could we go to the Star Alliance lounge in TBIT? Is there enough time to make it over there, shower, have breakfast etc?

We both have TSA Pre Check which will help with security if we need to go through it again.

I am global services and I have a United Club membership (which should give me access?)

NDtraveler

You will need a boarding pass to clear security at TBIT. Is your flight LAX-AUS on UA? If not then no access to the *A lounge.

2:50 is long enough to visit TBIT but be sure to allow enough time to change terminals and reclear security (no airside transit from TBIT).

kib1 Oct 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Lounge Access for Economy Traveler? [at LAX]

We will be traveling to New Zealand in about a week, and we have a 9.5 hour layover at LAX between Tucson and Fiji. Erk.

These are economy tickets on Fiji Airways, so we're not automatically eligible for anything. At present we're also not members of any specific travel clubs or credit-card tied benefits that I know of, and we don't do much international traveling so an expensive annual membership doesn't seem worth it.

Does anyone know which lounges offer the ability for ordinary schlubs like us (2 adults) to purchase day passes? Ideally at Tom Bradley Intl but apparently any terminal will do - it's not like we're short on time. :p

TIA

tom911 Oct 17, 2015 10:14 pm

If you're arriving at LAX on UA or AA, your best bet may be the domestic lounges in the terminal you arrive. Not sure I'd want to do anything near 9 hours in one of those, though. With AA you might have soup, cookies or veggies, but don't expect the meal choices you'd have in one of the international lounges.

An AA day pass is $50 per person.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...yPass_FAQs.jsp

Have not seen anyone report that the One World or Star Alliance lounges at TBIT sell day passes. I'd be surprised if they do.

There used to be a paid lounge at TBIT (Relax Lounge) but it's been closed for a while.

Flaneurs Oct 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Lounge Access for Economy Traveler?

If you have some American Express cards you can use them to get into Delta Skyclubs.

MSPeconomist Oct 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flaneurs (Post 25580312)
If you have some American Express cards you can use them to get into Delta Skyclubs.

To use a regular AmEx Centurion or Plat charge card for DL SC lounge access, you must have a same day DL operated flight. The same rule applies to the DL AmEx Reserve card.

Flaneurs Oct 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Lounge Access for Economy Traveler?

Yes, I forgot that fact. My apologies for the wrong information!

dvs7310 Oct 17, 2015 10:57 pm

If you're considering paying $100 anyway for 2 day passes to AA or UA then I'd say that a Priority Pass would be a much more worthwhile investment. It'll get you into the KE lounge at TBIT, the Kabua lounge when you transit Fiji, and the Emperor Lounge in AKL.

Diners Club would get you into the LAX and AKL lounges as well if BMO would ever get their head out of their rear and allow new consumer applications in the US, but for now at least it's not available. Worth keeping an eye on later though, the cards come with a lot of great benefits for far less than Amex Platinum

LondonElite Oct 18, 2015 7:27 am

There is no lounge in the world where I would want to spend anywhere near nine hours. Get yourself to Santa Monica and have a stroll and a meal for a start.

sbm12 Oct 18, 2015 7:39 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 25581284)
There is no lounge in the world where I would want to spend anywhere near nine hours. Get yourself to Santa Monica and have a stroll and a meal for a start.

This.

If you're willing to pay $100 anyways then rent a car for the day (or take taxis), head to the beach, have a decent meal and a decent afternoon.

swag Oct 18, 2015 8:13 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310 (Post 25580383)
If you're considering paying $100 anyway for 2 day passes to AA or UA then I'd say that a Priority Pass would be a much more worthwhile investment.

And if for whatever reason you do decide on the AA lounge, instead of $100 for two day passes, you can spend $99 for one 30-day membership - which will include access for the member plus 1 guest. Besides saving the dollar, you'll have access if you travel again in the next 30 days.

zerolife Oct 18, 2015 8:12 pm

The lounges you can buy access to are going to be a big disappointment for you. The Star Alliance Lounge is nice but I don't believe you can buy access. As others have suggested, take a cab to Santa Monica and have a nice lunch or dinner.