Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare

Why would VS Club be out of the question? I’m not against going to KE lounge. Have you been there before? Worth going? How long is the walk from T2 to TBIT?
Because that's the obvious answer if you are arriving and departing from T2. Just go to VS Club. Unless you are arriving outside of PP hours.

T2 to TBIT is about a 10 minute walk landside. DL also operates an airside shuttle that can take you to TBIT.

KE lounge is ok... not that great but it's better than no lounge. My point was if you are willing to walk to PF Chang (which is in TBIT), you should just go to the KE lounge.

But obviously if you land during VS PP hours, don't even bother with KE lounge (or PF Chang for that matter).
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
I have a 4h15 layover in LAX, and options to access the Polaris Lounge, *A Business, or *A First. My connecting flight departs on United. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

EDIT: Does anyone know if the *A First lounge considers domestic First as First Class?

Last edited by joseeantonior; Jun 5, 2019 at 11:33 pm
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
EDIT: Does anyone know if the *A First lounge considers domestic First as First Class?
This thread in the United forum may be relevant:
joseeantonior likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
I have a 4h15 layover in LAX, and options to access the Polaris Lounge, *A Business, or *A First. My connecting flight departs on United. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

With 4 hours and if you don't mind stretching your legs, I would hit both *A Business in TBIT and the Polaris Lounge in T7 (United). Both have nice showers. It's about 15 min each way from T7 to TBIT, walking fairly briskly.

Not sure on the *A First access.
joseeantonior likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:42 am

LAX lounges - how early?

Hi everyone,

Due to a spot of poor planning, I'm going to arrive at LAX about seven hours earlier than my departure time. I leave tonight on an overnight to JFK with Alaska, so from Terminal 6, departing around 11pm. I have the Amex Platinum Priority Pass, so do you know how early I can use the benefits? I've seen three-hour limits in Europe, but not sure if its similar here and if it's checked/enforced.

I've also read posts about patchy PP service at the Alaska lounge in T6, so might try one of the other terminals first if you have recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've seen the three hour limit for originating passengers for Centurion and also USA Escape lounges (not in PP but a regular AmEx Plat card works for entry), where apparently it's based on scheduled departure time of your outbound flight.

Some PP lounges post three hour limits on the PP website (use the lounge locator and click to see the details for each lounge), but it seems to be a three hour stay, starting whenever you want, so you should be able to do three hours in one PP lounge then three hours in a different one. Also, it's unclear how the three hour limit is monitored or enforced.

Note that if you're checking bags, your airline (AS here) might have limits on how early this can be done, although once you have your boarding pass you can use it to go through TSA airport security at any time (or multiple times, but you might want to print additional boarding passes) that day. Most of LAX is now connected airside, so from AS in T6 you can take underground tunnels to T5 and T4, then the new passageway that AA built to TBIT.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:02 pm

My experience with the Alaska Lounge is that it is frequently full or near full and they only allow Alaska passengers with lounge access to enter. I suppose it depends on the time of day you will be at the airport and the number of flights scheduled to depart. According to the Priority web site, the Point the Way Cafe in Terminal 6 is available to Priority pass members but I've had no experience with that lounge so I can't recommend it. The Priority web site does not list any lounges in adjacent terminals. There are lounges in terminal two on the opposite side of the airport and the Bradley Terminal, which is three terminals away from Terminal Six, which appear to be the only other terminals with Priority lounge access. If you have time to go to the Bradley terminal (and if TSA will allow you access since Bradley is the international terminal) you might try the KAL lounge; which is pleasant enough; although Priority Pass members are not allowed after 8 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello @mustard,

I merged your post into the comprehensive LAX lounge thread.

You may also want to check out the LAX - Priority Pass and other options thread in the Airport Lounges forum.

TWA884
Los Angeles moderator
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mahlerfan
My experience with the Alaska Lounge is that it is frequently full or near full and they only allow Alaska passengers with lounge access to enter. I suppose it depends on the time of day you will be at the airport and the number of flights scheduled to depart. According to the Priority web site, the Point the Way Cafe in Terminal 6 is available to Priority pass members but I've had no experience with that lounge so I can't recommend it. The Priority web site does not list any lounges in adjacent terminals. There are lounges in terminal two on the opposite side of the airport and the Bradley Terminal, which is three terminals away from Terminal Six, which appear to be the only other terminals with Priority lounge access. If you have time to go to the Bradley terminal (and if TSA will allow you access since Bradley is the international terminal) you might try the KAL lounge; which is pleasant enough; although Priority Pass members are not allowed after 8 PM.
In this case Point the Way Cafe isn’t an option since the restaurant benefit was removed from American Express Priority Pass memberships. KAL Lounge is accessible as the Bradley terminal is connected airside to T4 and there is no restriction to international passengers since the US does not have immigration checks on departure.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone. I’ll drop the luggage off ASAP then, and then probably head over to TBIT to use a lounge there. I can still try the Alaska lounge closer to my flight time, right, i.e. using the PP several times in one day?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
My last visit to * Alliance Lounge in TBIT from United in T7, took about 15 min each way, but I had a few hours to kill before my next departure and definitely worth the walk. This was about 10 days ago.

Great food and beverage selection, and enjoyed my time at the outdoor patio

Last edited by tstauck; Sep 9, 2019 at 11:14 am Reason: add photos
Old Oct 27, 2019, 12:11 pm

Hi all,

I have a quick question. I’m flying from LHR directly into LAX (land around 5pm pacific time). I’m flying UA Polaris and would like to use the LAX Polaris lounge in T7 after I land (which I believe I can do). Question is: if I land at LAX and then clear customs/immigration, am I still airside (i.e. behind security) so that I can walk to T7 and go to the lounge? If not, then I don’t think I’ll be able to get back into T7 since I terminate my travel in Los Angeles. I’m a us citizen with us passport but I do not have GE.

thanks for the help! If this is the wrong forum, please let me know!
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:36 pm

Hello @uaflyer1,

Since you are not connecting at LAX, I moved your question to a more relevant thread.

Every passenger arriving in the US on an international flight - unless departing from an airport with a preclearance CBP facility, which LHR is not - must clear TSA security after exiting the immigration and customs hall before reentering the secured airside area of the airport. You will need a boarding pass for a flight departing LAX that day in order to access the Polaris Lounge.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no arrival lounges at LAX.

TWA884
Moderator, Los Angeles forum
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Hello @uaflyer1,

Since you are not connecting at LAX, I moved your question to a more relevant thread.

Every passenger arriving in the US on an international flight - unless departing from an airport with a preclearance CBP facility, which LHR is not - must clear TSA security after exiting the immigration and customs hall before reentering the secured airside area of the airport. You will need a boarding pass for a flight departing LAX that day in order to access the Polaris Lounge.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no arrival lounges at LAX.

TWA884
Moderator, Los Angeles forum
That’s what I thought. Thank you so much for the clarification!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:27 pm

Hello!

Struggling with access rules here - maybe someone can help! I’m flying on an Alaska-issued award ticket MEL/LAX/BOS. One ticket - Qantas Biz to LA and the Alaska F to Boston. What lounges do I have access to? I guess for sure the Alaska lounge, but they have no showers. Do I can TBIT Oneworld lounge access if I’m inbound in Oneworld and connecting to a Oneworld partner? Usually it’s longhaul segment defines access right? Can I also use the AA Club? I’ve tried to read but can’t find anything clear enough! Please help if you can!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.