Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
I wish there was a lounge in T1

edit: I can't remember, but would I be able to get off my flight in TBIT and walk straight to a lounge in there?
I get off a 16h flight, with a 4h lay-over leaving T1. A shower is all I'll be looking for!

Last edited by oh_lol; Mar 16, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by oh_lol
edit: I can't remember, but would I be able to get off my flight in TBIT and walk straight to a lounge in there?
If you are arriving on an international flight, unless you are coming from an airport with a US pre-clearance facility, you must first clear immigrations and customs and go through TSA security before accessing the lounges.

However, you can access any terminal with a boarding pass for a flight departing from LAX the same day.

Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
May looks like the end of the AC Lounge at T2. What other lounge changes are coming?
http://ktla.com/2017/03/21/21-airlines-to-move-terminals-overnight-during-massive-lax-relocation-effort-in-mid-may/
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
May looks like the end of the AC Lounge at T2. What other lounge changes are coming?
http://ktla.com/2017/03/21/21-airlin...rt-in-mid-may/
In a nutshell, and at the top of my mind:
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge will close, but AC is planning on opening a new location.
- The Loft by Virgin America will close, which was bound to happen with the merger anyway
- American will take over the Delta Sky Club in T5 and convert it into a third Admirals Club
- Delta will build a brand new club in T2-T3 (possibly a "showcase" club like SEA/SFO)

I'll confirm the finer details with the airlines very soon.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
If you are arriving on an international flight, unless you are coming from an airport with a US pre-clearance facility, you must first clear immigrations and customs and go through TSA security before accessing the lounges.

However, you can access any terminal with a boarding pass for a flight departing from LAX the same day.

https://twitter.com/flyLAXairport/st...94283161239553
Thank you for the info.

I might have to use the Southwest shuttle and go from T1 after checking in, to TBIT and grabbing a shower in a lounge there, then head back to T1 on the shuttle.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:10 pm

So...pretty much PP members/users are screwed lounge wise at LAX after the move. At least before, you had access to at least one PP lounge on each side of the airport, but after the move, all the PP lounges are going to be on the south side of the airport, with no ability to get to them air side if you are no the north side of the airport.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:22 pm

Question Priority Pass Lounge acessability from T7

Will be checking in at United T7, about 2 hours before flight. Looks like closest club for PP holders is run by Alaska Airlines in T6. There are other eligible clubs airside in the international terminal (TBIT). Time wise how far are they walking from T7?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Time wise how far are they walking from T7?
It's about a 3-5 minutes walk between adjacent terminals. Figure on about a 15-20 minutes walk between T7 and TBIT.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Will be checking in at United T7, about 2 hours before flight. Looks like closest club for PP holders is run by Alaska Airlines in T6. There are other eligible clubs airside in the international terminal (TBIT). Time wise how far are they walking from T7?
Note that the AS lounge has recently had frequent "overcrowding - PP not accepted" sign out, and that the KE lounge (TBIT) has limited PP hours posted on the website, although reports are that the hours aren't always enforced. Given that it is about a 40 minute RT trek, just a head's up.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:17 pm

Tried the lounges today with Priority Pass

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Note that the AS lounge has recently had frequent "overcrowding - PP not accepted" sign out, and that the KE lounge (TBIT) has limited PP hours posted on the website, although reports are that the hours aren't always enforced. Given that it is about a 40 minute RT trek, just a head's up.
From United (T7) after security (12:15pm Sunday) to the Korean Airlines lounge in the TBIT it took me about 20 minutes, walking briskly. Signs were easy to follow going there. I missed a turn in one of the tunnels on the way back to United Gate 70B, so it took 30 minutes.
The AS lounge in T6 had a sign out saying that PP was not being accepted! Of course it's the closest "PP" lounge to United's T7, less than 10 minutes away, but what good is it if it turns away PP card holders!
The KOA lounge had self service liquors, wines, sandwiches, etc.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
From United (T7) after security (12:15pm Sunday) to the Korean Airlines lounge in the TBIT it took me about 20 minutes, walking briskly. Signs were easy to follow going there. I missed a turn in one of the tunnels on the way back to United Gate 70B, so it took 30 minutes.
The AS lounge in T6 had a sign out saying that PP was not being accepted! Of course it's the closest "PP" lounge to United's T7, less than 10 minutes away, but what good is it if it turns away PP card holders!
The KOA lounge had self service liquors, wines, sandwiches, etc.
I am flying an early Monday afternoon on May 23rd on UA and I see Virgin will be using the Alaska lounge due to their move, so I anticipate the sign also....

Once through security, I assume you don't have to pass security again going to the Korean lounge?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox
Once through security, I assume you don't have to pass security again going to the Korean lounge?
Since the opening of the T4 - TBIT connector last year, it is possible to connect between TBIT and T4, T5, T6 and T7 without exiting the secure airside area.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by TWA884
Since the opening of the T4 - TBIT connector last year, it is possible to connect between TBIT and T4, T5, T6 and T7 without exiting the secure airside area.
Perfect, thank you!
Old May 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

I heard in the MLL thread that MLL is not contracting with PP after the move. So the PP access is further getting reduced at LAX. Not sure what options are available for PP to up their game at this point because right now their lounge choices are looking bad for such a major airport like LAX. Wonder if there is room for them to open a Club in one of the Delta terminals.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:48 am

Priority Pass LAX

Looks like we are "screwed". We have an Aer Lingus flight in Terminal 2 and priority pass was linked to the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2. With the move, I presume we will not have access to a lounge in Terminal 2....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.