Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:38 am

there are no LAX showers except those in lounges

you can go airside T2 to airside Bradley on a DL operated bus - they don't check your boarding pass to use this service

you can enter any terminal at LAX with any same-day boarding pass departing from LAX

you may need a trip to Bradley landside checkin to get a NZ boarding pass

consider your strategy if checking luggage, doubt NZ has an agent at T2 customs exit for baggage recheck if not tagged all the way to AKL at LHR
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
You can go back to T2 to use VS Clubhouse with your NZ boarding pass. But the key is getting the NZ boarding pass... you'll need to check in with NZ somehow. I'm not sure if NZ does mobile check in and this is extra complicated if you have checked luggage. So in all likelihood, you probably need to walk to TBIT with you luggage to check in, and then walk back to T2 to clear TSA, or clear TSA in TBIT (which has no pre-check!) and take the DL shuttle to T2. Either way, this is about an 1 hour ordeal if you are quick on your feet.

Alternatives are to use the priority pass lounge (if you have access) in TBIT, which is the KE lounge.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
clear TSA in TBIT (which has no pre-check!)
TSA actually responded to a tweet of mine a couple of weeks ago and apparently TBIT does have PreCheck now:

TSA Pre✓® lanes are available in the TBIT terminal of LAX. Generally, the hours are 10am - 1pm and 7pm - midnight.
Not that it matters in this case since NZ doesn't participate in PreCheck.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: VS Gold
Thanks everyone for your suggestions
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:32 pm

If all I have is an EVA J ticket and Priority Pass, what's the best lounge to kill a few hours? Star Alliance business class lounge?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:05 am

Star Alliance lounge at TBIT is probably the best J lounge in all of LAX.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:49 am

Thanks, appreciate it.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:22 am

So, I am arriving next week @ LAX (TBIT) with LX @ 420p. My next flight is with UA from T7 at around 845p. Given that the immigration lines are not crazy and I am done fast, could I still use the *A lounge @ TBIT? Or I should move fast to T7 United Club (I am *A gold). Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:01 pm

You have almost 4.5 hours so plenty of time to make the connection. If you haven't been to Star lounge at TBIT, I highly recommend it. You will be there for golden hour and sunset so find a seat on the outdoor patio (should be reasonably warm) and enjoy the sun and the views.

Which Lounge Terrace at LAX is Best? - Live and Let's Fly

The UA club in T7 is not too shabby either but Star lounge has better food. If you time your walk from TBIT to T7 right, you can probably hit both.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:18 pm

Thanks! I was thinking the same. Is it easy to get to *A lounge after you clear migration @ TBIT? Also, how much time should I expect to T7? 20 minutes?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:43 pm

Once you clear immigration and customs, you will go up the ramp to street level. Turn right and head towards to TSA check point at the arrival level. Once you clear TSA, you can go upstairs which will lead you back to TBIT. Star lounge is a short walk away on the 6th level.

This post has some photos: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27685379-post3.html

The walk from TBIT to T7 air side is about 20 minutes if you are a reasonably fast walker. I've never actually walked all the way myself by I've done T6 to TBIT a few times. Just follow the signs closely so you don't accidentally exit the secured area. It involves a few detours and level changes.

Last edited by bzcat; Feb 5, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bzcat
Once you clear immigration and customs, you will go up the ramp to street level. Turn right and head towards to TSA check point at the arrival level. Once you clear TSA, you can go upstairs which will lead you back to TBIT. Star lounge is a short walk away on the 6th level.
Actually, at the exit from the customs hall turn right in the direction of connections, not left towards the street exit. Once you pass the the transfer/re-check desks you'll see the entry to the T4-TBIT Connector TSA Checkpoint.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Priority Pass lounge access from T7

My aunt and uncle have a 5-hour transit at LAX T7, transferring from YVR to MEL.

The Priority Pass website suggests there are accessible lounges in T2, T6 and the Tom Bradley.

Will they be able to move between terminals to access any of these lounges during their transit?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:11 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Terminal 6 and Terminal 7 (plus Terminal 8 if the YVR happens to arrive there) are connected by a 2nd floor hallway within the secured area. 12-14 minute maximum walk from the furthest points.

The Alaska Airlines lounge in Terminal 6 is a Priority Pass provider. It's pretty mediocre, but is open late enough to allow your relatives to stay there until Melbourne boarding. More info in this thread about recent visits to that lounge: Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

The Wiki in this thread also has a good map and useful reference links: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-...ns-thread.html
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Thanks for that. Will they need to re-clear security?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.