Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by rockycfc
Ok, that's good news, so I can have my shower, thanks!
Your next flight is UA LAX-LHR. If you're not NZ Gold, you'll need to be in business class to London to enter any of the two lounges.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Your next flight is UA LAX-LHR. If you're not NZ Gold, you'll need to be in business class to London to enter any of the two lounges.
Ah yes, just saw it has to be an Air NZ operated flight. Well that's annoying.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by rockycfc
Ah yes, just saw it has to be an Air NZ operated flight. Well that's annoying.
The TBIT Star Alliance Lounge is now selling paid access to any passenger of any airline. Supposedly it's up to US$65, but discounted for Star Alliance flights and FF members. It may be worth asking with all your credentials ready.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:36 pm

I'll arrive to LAX from WAW on LO flight at 2:45 pm (assuming there won't be any delay) and then at 10:40 pm I'll have UA flight from LAX to LA'S. I'm Star Alliance gold and there'll be my adult daughter with me (without status). Our international flight is in J, while domestic flight is in Y. Will we be able to use any Star Alliance lounge in LAX between these two flights?
As I suppose, we'll have to proceed to passport control first, then to collect our luggage, check it in for the LAX-LAS flight and go back to airside of terminal. I'm not sure however, if there's any lounge available for Star Alliance passengers (particularly *G) in this part of LAX Airport, from which UA domestic flights depart.
I'll be grateful for your advice
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by tropikey
As I suppose, we'll have to proceed to passport control first, then to collect our luggage, check it in for the LAX-LAS flight and go back to airside of terminal. I'm not sure however, if there's any lounge available for Star Alliance passengers (particularly *G) in this part of LAX Airport, from which UA domestic flights depart.
First, you can get into any terminal at LAX with a same day boarding pass for any flight departing from LAX, regardless from which terminal your flight departs.

Secondly, the Star Alliance Lounge at LAX is located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal (commonly referred to as TBIT or Terminal B). United has a very nice and spacious club in Terminal 7, from where their flights depart.

Thirdly, all the terminals on the south side of the airport, from TBIT to T7 are connected behind security. Once you go through a TSA security checkpoint, there is no need to exit the secure airside area when going from TBIT to T7.

I do not know the lounge access rules for Star Alliance J passengers or *G status holders. For that you are more likely to get accurate information in the United or Star Alliance forums.

P.S. If your luggage is tagged all the way to LAS, you will not have to lug it all the way to T7, from where United flights depart. You can drop it off at the recheck desks at the exit from the customs hall (turn to the right, as going to the left will take you to the curb). Right past the recheck area is a TSA security checkpoint for connecting passengers.
tropikey and tstauck like this.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 19, 2022 at 1:59 pm
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I'll arrive to LAX from WAW on LO flight at 2:45 pm (assuming there won't be any delay) and then at 10:40 pm I'll have UA flight from LAX to LA'S. I'm Star Alliance gold and there'll be my adult daughter with me (without status). Our international flight is in J, while domestic flight is in Y. Will we be able to use any Star Alliance lounge in LAX between these two flights?
I'll be grateful for your advice
Great advice posted above. Just adding, as * Gold you'll also also access to the Maple Leaf Lounge in T6. But with that amount of time, I would definitely go to either the Star Alliance lounge in TBIT or the UC in T7.
tropikey likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tstauck
Great advice posted above. Just adding, as * Gold you'll also also access to the Maple Leaf Lounge in T6. But with that amount of time, I would definitely go to either the Star Alliance lounge in TBIT or the UC in T7.
Or all 3!
tropikey and tstauck like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:06 pm

Thank you both very much for great advice!
As for now, we have Miles&More reward tickets only to LAX. Now I see that UA flight will be good way to get to LAS.
The only thing I need to do now is to convince Miles&More agents to add LAX - LAS leg to our itinerary. In case it won't be possible (even after using a "HUACA" method ), I'll simply buy 2 regular tickets, as prices for this connection are very reasonable.

@SS255: thank you too
SS255 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
As for now, we have Miles&More reward tickets only to LAX. Now I see that UA flight will be good way to get to LAS.
The only thing I need to do now is to convince Miles&More agents to add LAX - LAS leg to our itinerary. In case it won't be possible (even after using a "HUACA" method ), I'll simply buy 2 regular tickets, as prices for this connection are very reasonable.
If they won't let you add the LAX-LAS segment to your award ticket, show your UAL ticket when you check in for your LOT flight in WAW and ask the agent to tag your bags all the way to LAS.
tropikey likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you both very much for great advice!

@SS255: thank you too
If you're unable to add the segment at no charge to current award, you might do a search for other 1-way, nonstop options from LAX-LAS that won't involve an 8-hour layover.
As an example, Southwest Airlines is a low-cost carrier (but not terrible) and they offer inexpensive, frequent service between LAX and LAS. You'll have to walk a bit and re-check your bag (and there's no lounge), but if you don't want to hang around the airport, they can probably get you out and on your way a lot quicker.
tropikey likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:11 am

LAX Priority Pass lounges

I saw on Priority Pass doesn't have any lounges available at LAX (besides those spa areas). Is it really the case? Does it mean it's better to get credit cards that have Centurion Lounges or Delta Sky Clubs to at least have a place to rest at LAX?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rmartin
I saw on Priority Pass doesn't have any lounges available at LAX (besides those spa areas). Is it really the case? Does it mean it's better to get credit cards that have Centurion Lounges or Delta Sky Clubs to at least have a place to rest at LAX?
Unfortunately that's correct, currently no PP Lounges at LAX. I've been using my Gold status for Star Alliance for lounge access to the Star alliance lounge in TBIT or the MLL in T6. But I'm a frequent United flyer. Sometimes I'll also use my one time UC passes at the lounge in T7 which is a nice one.

But yes, you'll have to come up with a way to access the lounges since there are no PP lounges.
lsquare and rmartin like this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rmartin
Yes, except understanding the limitations as well. If you are planning on any of the airline-operated lounges, you'll need to be traveling on an appropriate flight to qualify for entrance, in addition to having the correct credit card.
lsquare and rmartin like this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Yes, except understanding the limitations as well. If you are planning on any of the airline-operated lounges, you'll need to be traveling on an appropriate flight to qualify for entrance, in addition to having the correct credit card.
And have to keep in mind the distance and time between the various lounge options and where the OP is going to be flying from. I'm disinclined to go to a lounge that's more than one terminal away from my flight, but that's because I live in LA and rarely get to the airport so early that I'd have time to spend in the lounge and then hike a few terminals away. Someone regularly arriving into LAX on random domestic airlines and leaving via TBIT (and vice versa) may have a different preference.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
And have to keep in mind the distance and time between the various lounge options and where the OP is going to be flying from. I'm disinclined to go to a lounge that's more than one terminal away from my flight, but that's because I live in LA and rarely get to the airport so early that I'd have time to spend in the lounge and then hike a few terminals away. Someone regularly arriving into LAX on random domestic airlines and leaving via TBIT (and vice versa) may have a different preference.
That describes me. I’m making a self transfer at LAX with a lengthy layover before a BA flight to LHR. Which lounges would be available to me as a day pass purchaser holding a BA ticket? I have been told Alaska is an option. A TBIT lounge would be preferable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.