Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:30 pm

LAX - Centurion Lounge to Terminal 5

Flying out of Terminal 5 (AA) and want to first stop at the Centurion Lounge.

Can I enter through Tom Bradley and go through security for an AA flight?

How long is the walk from the Centurion Lounge to Terminal 5 going through the internal walkway?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, you can enter any LAX terminal so long as you have a boarding pass.
It's a bit of a walk - there's the bridge/walkway from TBIT to T4, which is right next to the Centurion Club.
However, once you get to T4, you go halfway down the terminal and then downstairs into the tunnel to T5 to then pop upstairs.
The whole process probably takes about 15 minutes if you walk at a decent pace.
legends92 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:36 pm

Hi all

I'm travelling from Canada to LAX, with a 7 hour layover before a 21 hour flight to Asia. I want to find a place to relax and (important) have a shower before my onward journey. I've investigated lounges, and it seems that I don't qualify to use any of the lounges with showers. The only other option I can see is to rent a hotel room for the 5-ish hours I'll be out of the airport, but that looks like being around $150, which is quite steep for the short amount of time. I'll do it if necessary though.

Are there any other decent options, anyone can recommend, that wouldn't be as expensive? The shower is the important part!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
Get a day pass for a lounge. It will cost about $ 50+.
What airline are your flights on?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by pmillerflag
Hi all

I'm travelling from Canada to LAX, with a 7 hour layover before a 21 hour flight to Asia. I want to find a place to relax and (important) have a shower before my onward journey. I've investigated lounges, and it seems that I don't qualify to use any of the lounges with showers. The only other option I can see is to rent a hotel room for the 5-ish hours I'll be out of the airport, but that looks like being around $150, which is quite steep for the short amount of time. I'll do it if necessary though.

Are there any other decent options, anyone can recommend, that wouldn't be as expensive? The shower is the important part!
The Star Alliance Business Lounge reportedly sells access to any passengers, $75 for 3 hours: Paid Lounge Entry - Star Alliance

All LAX terminals are now connected airside, so you can walk to Terminal B to and from anywhere.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Brahmin
Get a day pass for a lounge. It will cost about $ 50+.
What airline are your flights on?
Thanks for responding. I checked the lounge list on the upgradedpoints website (I'm not allowed to share the link) and the ones with showers listed don't appear to have a day pass option unless you have a ticket with them or a certain credit card or points account.

I arrive on a Delta flight, and will be flying with StarLux to Vietnam.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
The Star Alliance Business Lounge reportedly sells access to any passengers, $75 for 3 hours:

All LAX terminals are now connected airside, so you can walk to Terminal B to and from anywhere.
Thank you! This appears to be my best option, and was contrary to what I had read, in terms of access. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2024, 11:16 am

Do we think Chase will ever add an LAX lounge? It's absurd seeing the lack of third party lounges at this airport coupled with increased investment by them in what feels like every secondary or tertiary airport in the country. Trying to decide if the holdup is the lounge companies' disinterest or the airport itself.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
The issue is lack of space.

All the numbered terminals are under master lease to airlines so they don't have any incentive to lease space to 3rd party lounge operators.

TBIT main concourse already has Amex, NZ/Star, QF First, QF business/OW, KE, EY, and EK lounges. Don't think there is any more space available.

TBIT West concourse has space for lounges but it is a far trek to the rest of the airport. The AF lounge should open soon I think but according to the original plan, there should be space for two more lounges there.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Haven't had the pleasure to use TBIT except once or maybe twice at the main terminal. Have a flight that seems to like using the West terminal (gate 208). Just wondering how long of a walk it'll be from the OW/QF BC lounge, or the DL lounge at T3 (and which of these are better?)
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
The issue is lack of space.

All the numbered terminals are under master lease to airlines so they don't have any incentive to lease space to 3rd party lounge operators.

TBIT main concourse already has Amex, NZ/Star, QF First, QF business/OW, KE, EY, and EK lounges. Don't think there is any more space available.

TBIT West concourse has space for lounges but it is a far trek to the rest of the airport. The AF lounge should open soon I think but according to the original plan, there should be space for two more lounges there.
Forget if KE was considering taking the EY lounge or the former common-use lounge for use as an F lounge, but they had an option for one of those at their last lease renewal a few months ago.
Plus LAWA had an RFP out for a new common-use lounge in the TBIT West connector, but no idea whether that's moving forward.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Haven't had the pleasure to use TBIT except once or maybe twice at the main terminal. Have a flight that seems to like using the West terminal (gate 208). Just wondering how long of a walk it'll be from the OW/QF BC lounge, or the DL lounge at T3 (and which of these are better?)
Go to https://maps.lawa.org/ and enter your end point, use the directions arrow, enter your start point, and you'll see the distance and time.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Go to https://maps.lawa.org/ and enter your end point, use the directions arrow, enter your start point, and you'll see the distance and time.
Bit slow and clunky but the DL lounge may be shorter if one takes the shuttle bus as instructed. Looks like a long haul from either at any rate.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Bit slow and clunky but the DL lounge may be shorter if one takes the shuttle bus as instructed. Looks like a long haul from either at any rate.
That's whacked. Definitely don't do that. The airside bus gate is in T2 so you are walking in the wrong direction just to take the bus which is very slow due to airfield movements. Just walk from T3 to TBIT and then West concourse. You stay airside the whole time and will get there before the shuttle bus.
SPN Lifer, TWA884, lsquare and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.