Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

New Aspire Lounges at ONT Opened (May 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium

Opened in May 2022, taking over the Escape Lounge spots in both T2 and T4. Open to Priority Pass, select AmEx cardholders, or paid entry. Operated by Swissport, looks like their second US a location after San Diego. Haven’t seen them in person yet, but hoping to stop by in the next few weeks!

https://www.flyontario.com/press/new...r-travel-soars

(As of June 5, 2022 it looks like they’re still waiting for their alcohol/liquor license)

Last edited by ryw; Jun 5, 2022 at 11:22 pm Reason: Visited
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
someone posted some pictures on Google maps showing breakfast offerings. Not sure about the bar/drinks situation though. Their operating hours are a bit strange for both terminals though. Better than nothing.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'll be trying it out in terminal 2 next Friday morning, will report back my experience.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Any recent experiences here? T2 location had goofy hours, I assume bc of some international flight demand 5am-3pm then 9pm-midnight. T4 says 5am-6pm "Domestic flights only".

I'm flying to LAS on F9. I've never been to ONT before. In assuming (hoping?) I can easily access T4. My flight is around 730pm, so I guess I could use it form 430 to 6pm? Well, it says 3 hour max stay. I had initially assumed it also was the often seen "3 hours before flight" restriction. I'm gonna be at ONT around 3-3:30 bc that's when our ride takes us there.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:45 pm

Lounge report.

Initially we went to T4 bc the app says the T2 Aspire lounge is closed goofy hours. They wouldn't let us in with our F9 T2 passes but they pointed to a barcode where ONT would give us a day pass to get in. We filled that out and went through security and went to the lounge.

I didn't want to risk not getting in bc our flight was at the other terminal so my friend showed his WN pass.as lounge dragon said he only needed to see one of our boarding passes.

When My other guest and I left and walked to T2 and went through security, We passed by Aspire lounge there. I saw it was open even though it was supposed to be closed between 3pm and 7pm. I asked attendant there about the goofy hours and he said they had changed the hours. It was just open the entire time now.
Edited typos
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Nov 10, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Old Nov 12, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
Lounge report.

Initially we went to T4 bc the app says the T2 Aspire lounge is closed goofy hours. They wouldn't let us in with our F9 T2 passes but they pointed to a barcode where ONT would give us a day pass to get in. We filled that out and went through security and went to the lounge.

I didn't want to risk not getting in bc our flight was at the other terminal so my friend showed his WN pass.as lounge dragon said he only needed to see one of our boarding passes.

When My other guest and I left and walked to T2 and went through security, We passed by Aspire lounge there. I saw it was open even though it was supposed to be closed between 3pm and 7pm. I asked attendant there about the goofy hours and he said they had changed the hours. It was just open the entire time now.
Edited typos
Well noted. How was the lounge?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Well noted. How was the lounge?
​​​​​​Thought I'd add a report in specifically for the T4 lounge.

Arrived around 10:30 PT, lounge was a bit busy at the time but still had plenty of seating. I waited about 3 minutes before I was greeted (the two or so staff members were around the bar side) and checked in.

​​​​​​The lounge itself is in a nice location facing gates 410/411(?), running parallel to the jetbridge with a clear view to the plane so long as the shades aren't down.

F&B is pretty much what you'd expect from a partner lounge - they were still serving breakfast at my time of arrival and the offerings are as others have stated. Will update if/when they switch over to lunch. They have chex mix in a cereal dispenser (the twist ones).

My biggest nit-pick is the cleanliness - the furniture is fine but some areas have quite a bit of crumbs, threads and other things. Can't post an image due to post count restrictions.

​Overall it's your run-of-the-mill partner lounge - nothing great, nothing really terrible. Feels a bit understaffed but being a smaller airport than say LAX I can see why.

Edit: They swapped out the breakfast option with some charcuterie board type offerings at around noon (cold cuts, olives, cheese etc.). No hot options were brought outside by the time that I left.
​​​​
chrisl137, italdesign and Tack like this.

Last edited by TechBroke; Dec 2, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by TechBroke
​​​​​​Thought I'd add a report in specifically for the T4 lounge.

Arrived around 10:30 PT, lounge was a bit busy at the time but still had plenty of seating. I waited about 3 minutes before I was greeted (the two or so staff members were around the bar side) and checked in.

​​​​​​The lounge itself is in a nice location facing gates 410/411(?), running parallel to the jetbridge with a clear view to the plane so long as the shades aren't down.

F&B is pretty much what you'd expect from a partner lounge - they were still serving breakfast at my time of arrival and the offerings are as others have stated. Will update if/when they switch over to lunch. They have chex mix in a cereal dispenser (the twist ones).

My biggest nit-pick is the cleanliness - the furniture is fine but some areas have quite a bit of crumbs, threads and other things. Can't post an image due to post count restrictions.

​Overall it's your run-of-the-mill partner lounge - nothing great, nothing really terrible. Feels a bit understaffed but being a smaller airport than say LAX I can see why.

Edit: They swapped out the breakfast option with some charcuterie board type offerings at around noon (cold cuts, olives, cheese etc.). No hot options were brought outside by the time that I left.
​​​​
Thanks for the info. I never fly out of ONT as I'm OC/SNA based. But the SNA embargo is forcing me to make my last minute flight res to DFW out of ONT. If I wasn't taking my 95yo father, Mrs. Tack and I would tough out LAX for the FL. Having said that, this may work out better. I have a PP through AX and parking looks like a breeze. I'll share the experience once we are in and settled in on the 24th. Cheers!
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tack
But the SNA embargo...
First time hearing about it. Yikes.

DFW out of ONT.
Just did this route yesterday morning. Lounge was nice. Much smaller than the Aspire lounge in SAN, and much quieter. Decent food during breakfast, with minor rotation every hour or so. I especially liked the soy milk. There was only 1 staff the entire time; did everything customer-facing from bartending to check in. Luckily wasn't busy, but at times people did need wait minutes to check in when the lone staff was attending other duties.

Tack and TechBroke like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by italdesign
First time hearing about it.
Just until January 1, 2024. AA wasn’t showing any availability in either class on any flight for December. Thanks for your lounge info! Cheers.

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/11/2...enger-cap/amp/
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
First time hearing about it as well. Silly that a 1985 rule is still governing this. It's a waste to have these planes fly with less people because of a "rule", their still making noise and burning fuel. I had a friend fly from SNA-LAS in DEC and Spirit was telling her the flight was sold out she better pay $10 to select a seat. What they didn't tell her was the fiight was only 1/2 full and she ended up with a row to herself despite paying for a seat due to the seat cap. Makes sense now why it was claimed as a sold out flight. Glad it was only temporary but sounds like we may run into this issue again next holiday season.

Nevertheless reason I'm checking out this thread, any update on a liquor license? and any preference between T2 or T4s lounge?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593

Nevertheless reason I'm checking out this thread, any update on a liquor license? and any preference between T2or T4s lounge?
There definitely is liquor available now. I posted in my review about that 1-2 beers and bottom shelf stuff was free and there was some better quality stuff on a menu for cash.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:26 am

We have a flight tonight on AA at 7:45pm is the lounge really closing up at 5pm? That seems nuts for terminal 4 at ONT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.