Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ente_09
thanks

does this mean the only way I can use the Delta lounge in T2 is to check in, drop off luggage and then bus/walk to T2, go through security at T2 ( will they let us in with Bradley gate tkts?) and then go back to Bradley for another security for boarding.. Does not sound like a restful stay in the lounge.. How long is the walk from T2 to Bradley because the bus may be longer (one leg will be in the opposite direction)
Again--- what are the AF business/first class pax doing for lounge access?

Am I missing something.?
As far as I know, until the new Air France lounge opens in the spring of 2022 at the West Gates concourse of TBIT, the only lounge that is currently available for use by Air France passengers is the Delta Sky Club in T2. Air France passengers do have access to the Korean Air lounge at TBIT, however, @Bacardi 151 reported last week that it was closed at the time that their AF flight departed.

You should check in for your flight at TBIT. You can clear security at TBIT and take the bus to T2, however, between waiting for the bus and the ride to T2, it will take you at least 20 minutes and perhaps as long as 25-30. The bus gates are at the very northwest end of the main TBIT concourse (look at the map in my earlier post). It will be quicker to walk between TBIT and T2; probably 6 - 8 minutes.

On your way from the Sky Club to the gate, please be advised that Air France flights now depart from the West Gates concourse. It is a very long walk from the bus gates, my estimate is that it is at least three quarters of a mile (I checked it out when I had time to kill when my AA flight was delayed in July; yes, there are moving sidewalks). If you thought that the 10 minutes walk from the gate to immigration and customs was long, this one is considerably longer. Currently, there a few, if any, food and beverage options at the West Gates concourse.

Have a great trip.

Edited to add: You can access any terminal at LAX with boarding pass for any flight departing the same day from any terminal at LAX.
Statman and tstauck like this.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 17, 2021 at 10:49 pm Reason: Terminal access info
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:34 am

Thanks TWA- loved your airline . The golden age- the airlines would compete for the most impressive terminal at Idlewild. TWA beat out Pan Am, in my opinion.

Don't you agree that all this ain't worth it for 1-2 hours in a lounge?

Still curious, what do the AF first/business class pax get?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:07 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ente_09
Don't you agree that all this ain't worth it for 1-2 hours in a lounge?

Still curious, what do the AF first/business class pax get?
Until the new Air France Lounge opens next spring at the West Gates concourse of TBIT, Air France passengers have access to the Korean Air Lounge at TBIT; however,Bacardi 151 reported last week that its hours are limited and that it was closed before their AF flight departed. I am unable to find out the KAL Lounge hours of operation. Other than that, you have access to the Delta Sky Club in T2.

Whether it is worth to hassle of going twice through TSA security or taking the bus between the terminal depends on how long the security lines are and how much time you have. Personally, I would not do it for one hour at the lounge. For two hours, I may consider it. If I were to do it, I would walk to T2 from TBIT after checking in for the flight - on the upper level to minimize exposure traffic noise and exhaust fumes - and go through security in T2. After spending time at the lounge, I would take the interterminal bus to TBIT. I would leave T2 for TBIT at least an hour and probably longer than that before the flight is scheduled to depart.

For what it is worth, the main concourse of TBIT has decent food and beverage options. As of last month, it has been reported that there still were no restaurants open in the West Gates concourse from where Air France flights depart.
tstauck likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Where does on on AM J go as far as lounges? Can I go to Bradley and use the Korean lounge? Under the Korean lounge on the Sky Team site it shows every airline except AM so does that mean I cant get in? If not Sky Club is fine but I just want to enter at the appropriate terminal, 2 or B. Also are the showers open at the Korean lounge, assuming my AM J ticket will get me in.

And if Sky Club is my option then just curious if the showers are open there?

Thx
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
KE lounge will admit all Skyteam elites and J tickets. The issue is KE lounge has very limited and erratic hours based on reports from FT users.

Just use the DL lounge in T2 since AM departs from T2. No reason to walk to TBIT... chances are KE lounge is not open at your departure time anyway.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bzcat
KE lounge will admit all Skyteam elites and J tickets. The issue is KE lounge has very limited and erratic hours based on reports from FT users.

Just use the DL lounge in T2 since AM departs from T2. No reason to walk to TBIT... chances are KE lounge is not open at your departure time anyway.
Cool thanks for the tip on KE lounge hours. DL Sky Club still has showers right? I havent been in a while and not sure with all the construction and changing things there if showers are still avail.

Btw, wont I have to go to TBIT to depart for the AM flight? I see online it says AM checks in at T2 but I didnt realize they actually depart from there also? If thats the case then yes no reason to go to TBIT at all.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Forgot AM only checks in at T2 but departs from TBIT... I guess you can try the KE lounge but it may not be open whereas DL lounge is almost guaranteed going to be open. You can take the T2-TBIT bus to go to your departure gate.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:21 pm

I am flying out of LAX next week on Virgin Upper Class. Have read conflicting reports of what lounges I am able to access and which terminals they reside in. Does anyone know what lounge I can access in the international terminal (Terminal B)?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by AndersonHunt
I am flying out of LAX next week on Virgin Upper Class. Have read conflicting reports of what lounges I am able to access and which terminals they reside in. Does anyone know what lounge I can access in the international terminal (Terminal B)?
According to Virgin Atlantic's Clubhouse page, the Star Alliance Lounge at TBIT is Virgin's shared lounge at LAX.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:21 pm

Thank you! I had read on Virgin's website I could access the Delta lounge instead.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by AndersonHunt
Thank you! I had read on Virgin's website I could access the Delta lounge instead.
That was when Virgin was using T2. The Delta SkyClub is located in the Delta Sky Way at LAX (the Terminal 2 and 3 headhouse). Virgin had moved all of its LAX operations to TBIT back in December.
To support a better customer experience during ongoing construction work, Virgin Atlantic will relocate to the world-class TBIT (also known as Terminal B), which boasts excellent facilities and amenities, many of which can be found in the central "Great Hall" in Departures and in the West Gates, a beautifully designed interior featuring extensive use of natural light.

As part of the terminal change, eligible customers will have access to the Star Alliance Lounge at LAX, in partnership with codeshare partner, Air New Zealand, which operates the lounge. From 10 December the lounge will be available to Upper Class passengers, with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold members welcomed from 17 December. The Star Alliance Lounge offers impressive facilities and services, including spacious areas to work, dine or relax, shower suites, plus a serviced bar with complimentary cocktails and refreshments. An outdoor terrace also offers views over the airfield and distant Hollywood hills.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 pm

Lounges in TBIT and Departing from T7

Hi there, I am flying from AKL to LHR with a 4 hour layover at LAX. Once I drop my bags at the transfer desk, am I able to access the lounges at TBIT? - I have AirNZ Koru which gives me access to the Star Alliance lounge in TBIT but unfortunately not the United Lounge in T7. Plus the SA lounge has showers, which is needed halfway on a 24 hour flight.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by rockycfc
Hi there, I am flying from AKL to LHR with a 4 hour layover at LAX. Once I drop my bags at the transfer desk, am I able to access the lounges at TBIT? - I have AirNZ Koru which gives me access to the Star Alliance lounge in TBIT but unfortunately not the United Lounge in T7. Plus the SA lounge has showers, which is needed halfway on a 24 hour flight.
Are you *Gold? Are you flying in Business?

David
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by DELee
Are you *Gold? Are you flying in Business?
Very relevant questions. Unlike United Club and Maple Leaf Club, Koru membership seems to give lounge access only before an NZ flight. For flying UA out of LAX, business/first or Koru Gold is needed.

But as for terminal access, yes, TBIT is connected to T4 through T8 airside.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Very relevant questions. Unlike United Club and Maple Leaf Club, Koru membership seems to give lounge access only before an NZ flight. For flying UA out of LAX, business/first or Koru Gold is needed.

But as for terminal access, yes, TBIT is connected to T4 through T8 airside.
Not gold yet, should be by the end of the year.

Ok, that's good news, so I can have my shower, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.