Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whitesock
That describes me. I’m making a self transfer at LAX with a lengthy layover before a BA flight to LHR. Which lounges would be available to me as a day pass purchaser holding a BA ticket? I have been told Alaska is an option. A TBIT lounge would be preferable.
That's probably an answer for someone else to help with - I don't really use TBIT except as an alternate route to T4. There's an Amex Centurion lounge that I haven't visited, so if you have an Amex Plat you can use that. Anything more than that will need someone who flies through TBIT or on BA regularly. A useful bit of information that may help is that TBIT through 8 are connected airside, but it's all hiking. TBIT also connects airside now to 1 through 3, but it's via a shuttle bus.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
That describes me. I’m making a self transfer at LAX with a lengthy layover before a BA flight to LHR. Which lounges would be available to me as a day pass purchaser holding a BA ticket? I have been told Alaska is an option. A TBIT lounge would be preferable.
Most likely you'd be able to purchase a day pass for the Admirals Club; there are two, one in T4 and one in T5. I don't know if the oneworld lounge, which is located at TBIT, sells day passes.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Agreed. I don't think the TBIT lounges sell day passes (but I'm not certain of that). An Admirals Club day pass is something like $50 and a pass to the AA Flagship Lounge in T4 is more like $150. Your best bet is the Amex Centurion Lounge. The annual fee for the Amex Platinum card is basically the same as an annual pass to the Admirals Club.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Besides the AS lounge in T6, as pointed out earlier the AA Admirals Club sell a day pass for $59 and access is available to those that meet these criteria:
To enter

Items needed:

• Government-issued photo ID
  • One-Day Pass
  • A boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight. An ‘eligible flight’ includes any departing or arriving flight that is marketed or operated by American, marketed and operated by any oneworld® airline, or marketed and operated by JetBlue (excluding JetBlue flights operating to and from Europe). Same-day priority verification cards will be accepted.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm eligible to use the Centurion Lounge and DL SC today. I should have asked earlier. Where should I shower?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm eligible to use the Centurion Lounge and DL SC today. I should have asked earlier. Where should I shower?
if a shower is what you seek I would definitely go to the new Delta Club: https://liveandletsfly.com/delta-sky...inal-3-review/
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, all of the showers in the Terminal 2 SkyClub are available right now:

David
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by DELee
Well, all of the showers in the Terminal 2 SkyClub are available right now:

David
You were at LAX too? Me too!
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Whats the going opinion on OW Vs.*A lounges? OW better for food, drinks, coffee but Star Alliance is better for showers & atmosphere, lighting, views etc?

Apparently I have access to both on a FJ J ticket and trying to make my plan. Like to eat first then shower & relax so I'm not eating back to back with lounge & flight so I'm thinking of hitting OW first then Star.

Also, I've never been to the new 200 gates- about how long of a walk from the lounges is that?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:02 am

Programs: AC,OZ Diamond
Star Alliance Lounge Hours

Anyone recently been to the Star Alliance lounge in the morning and know what time it opens?
*A website says 9am but there are some other recently updated webpages that list earlier times like 7am, etc.

I have an early flight next Friday and I'm trying to see if I can plan on the *A lounge for breakfast or if I should make other arrangements. Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by izikk
Anyone recently been to the Star Alliance lounge in the morning and know what time it opens?
*A website says 9am but there are some other recently updated webpages that list earlier times like 7am, etc.

I have an early flight next Friday and I'm trying to see if I can plan on the *A lounge for breakfast or if I should make other arrangements. Thanks.
The Google site for the *A Lounge lists its opening time as 9 am. The *A Lounge Finder lists the opening time as 8:30.

Given that the first Non-UA/AC *A flight leaves at 12:10pm I wouldn't expect this Lounge to be open much earlier than 8:30 or 9.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:04 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing! Will be visiting and land at LAX very very early in the AM. Unfortunately I don't think any of the lounges I have access to are open that early. Hoping to visit some of these when they do open.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:07 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by okbuddyboi
Thanks everyone for sharing! Will be visiting and land at LAX very very early in the AM. Unfortunately I don't think any of the lounges I have access to are open that early. Hoping to visit some of these when they do open.
Some of the lounges open quite early.

The DL SkyClub opens at 4:15 am.
The AA Admirals Club and UA Club open at 4:30 am.
The Alaska Lounge opens at 5am.
The Amex Centurion Lounge opens at 6am.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by SCChris
Some of the lounges open quite early.

The DL SkyClub opens at 4:15 am.
The AA Admirals Club and UA Club open at 4:30 am.
The Alaska Lounge opens at 5am.
The Amex Centurion Lounge opens at 6am.
Thanks for this! I do have access to the Centurion Lounge but I don't think I can get in on arrival. Unless they aren't as strict about it. Anyone has any DPs for this?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by okbuddyboi
Thanks for this! I do have access to the Centurion Lounge but I don't think I can get in on arrival. Unless they aren't as strict about it. Anyone has any DPs for this?
Centurion Club entry policy and reports are generally discussed in the "Centurion Lounge crowding: Report entry process & loads since FEB 2023 policy change" thread in the American Express | Membership Rewards forum.

I haven't seen any reports there about access on arrival experiences at LAX, however, according to the American Express Access to The Centurion® Network webpage:
We are happy to admit eligible Platinum Card Members... within 3 hours of the departure time stated on your same-day, confirmed boarding pass. We can’t admit you if you’ve just landed, unless you have a layover or connecting flight that occurs on the same day that is stated on your boarding pass. Same-day round-trip itineraries are not considered connecting flights.
I'll just add that unless you have a boarding pass for a same-day flight departing from LAX, you will not be able to access any lounges at LAX, since they are all located in the secured airside areas and you have to pass through a TSA security checkpoint after arriving on an international flight in order to access them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.