Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:58 pm

I'm not sure about T2 but as far as I knew, you could go through security at any terminal at LAX with a valid boarding pass for that day. The previous comment says otherwise though. I've gone through security at TBIT for a flight out of T6. This was after the TBIT connector. I've also gone through security at T4 for a flight at TBIT before the connector opened, then left T4 walked landslide to TBIT and recleared security. So I would say if it worked at T4 it might also work at T2. Worth a try since you'll have plenty of time to spare.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:25 pm

LAX definitely allows you to access any terminal with a same-day-boarding pass

https://twitter.com/flyLAXairport/st...94283161239553

T2 and TBIT isn't connected airside (unlike T4-T8 + TBIT), so you'll have to enter T2, then exit + redo security at TBIT (or T4-T8, depending on line. TBIT doesn't have precheck, but BA doesn't participate in precheck anyways)

you should check PP's website for lounge conditions

Air Maple @ T2 sounds fine
Conditions
Children under 2 years are admitted free - Alcoholic drinks are only available for passengers 21 years of age or older - Alcoholic drinks are available from 11:00 - Non-smoking.
KAL @ TBIT may have space-constraints - you can go airside and try Alaska @ T6 (also dependent on space)
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by A1pax
3. After my sister's flight leaves, will I be able to go to exit area of T2 (for arrivals) so that I can walk to Tom Bradley?

If you are able to enter T2 - and it appears per post #4 that you should be, then you will have no problem exiting T2. There's no special area (unlike if you were arriving internationally), just follow the signs to exit from the terminal which should be near the security checkpoint.

Just make sure to leave yourself plenty of time to clear security at TBIT.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:40 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies. It seems I should try to see if agents will allow me to access T2 lounge.

Thanks, paperwastage, for the twitter link. In fact I was reading about it in a blog called upgrd.com. I just googled around and found it mentioned the twitter. However, that twitter was 2 years old, so hopefully it is still good?

For the lounge, it will only be my sister and me - neither of us drinks! We just want to sit down and have a chat before our flights. I have plenty of time to go through security at TBIT and then to QF first lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
If you are able to enter T2 - and it appears per post #4 that you should be, then you will have no problem exiting T2. There's no special area (unlike if you were arriving internationally), just follow the signs to exit from the terminal which should be near the security checkpoint.

Just make sure to leave yourself plenty of time to clear security at TBIT.
Thanks, wrp96. My sister's flight leaves around noon - so she will board about 11:30am. My BA flight leaves 3:30pm. This should give me plenty of time to go through security at TBIT.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:42 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies. It seems I should try to see if agents will allow me to access T2 lounge.

Thanks, paperwastage, for the twitter link. In fact I was reading about it in a blog called upgrd.com. I just googled around and found it mentioned the twitter. However, that twitter was 2 years old, so hopefully it is still good?

For the lounge, it will only be my sister and me - neither of us drinks! We just want to sit down and have a chat before our flights. I have plenty of time to go through security at TBIT and then to QF first lounge.
Look at the replies to the Twitter link. Someone ran into issues doing it earlier this year, but a second agent knew the policy
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
Look at the replies to the Twitter link. Someone ran into issues doing it earlier this year, but a second agent knew the policy
Yes, I did notice that. I will copy the twitter link and if problem I will show agents?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:52 pm

Yes, I did notice that. I will copy the twitter link and if problem I will show agents?
Lol, if they don't believe you, they'll believe Twitter?

Just call for a supervisor if there are issues. Those should be well trained enough.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
At TBIT on the arrivals level, south side just before exiting the building (or entering) there is a new TSA security station that will then take you to the TBIT - T-4 airside connector. It is generally not used as much as the two north and south main queues and you can take the escalator to departures and double back to the TBIT oneworld lounges instead of going on to Terminal 4.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eb-2016-a.html.

And LAX is one that allows you to enter any terminal and go airside as long as you have a departing boarding pass the same day. I've accessed TBIT lounges the day I depart on QR, which departs T-2 generally uses the less impressive Maple Leaf lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
At TBIT on the arrivals level, south side just before exiting the building (or entering) there is a new TSA security station that will then take you to the TBIT - T-4 airside connector. It is generally not used as much as the two north and south main queues and you can take the escalator to departures and double back to the TBIT oneworld lounges instead of going on to Terminal 4.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eb-2016-a.html.

And LAX is one that allows you to enter any terminal and go airside as long as you have a departing boarding pass the same day. I've accessed TBIT lounges the day I depart on QR, which departs T-2 generally uses the less impressive Maple Leaf lounge.
Thanks, JDiver, for the additional info and tip about clearing security at the new TSA near the TBIT - T4 connector. Have not been thru that connector before, so will check it out.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:07 pm

Thanks, JDiver, for the additional info and tip about clearing security at the new TSA near the TBIT - T4 connector. Have not been thru that connector before, so will check it out.
Just want to update. Am now at Lax waiting for BA flight to Lhr. Everything worked smoothly and well. Thanks to all who replied.

I did not have any problem with security at T2 - I told agent I wanted to use the lounge. She asked for my passport and today's boarding pass. There were not a lot of pax, but security was a bit slow. After security we went to Air Canada lounge (I was able to use my priority pass card to get my sister and self in). Her AC gate was right below the lounge. The food offer in the lounge was misery. My sister did not eat or drink anything. She just wanted to use wifi to talk to our nephew to tidy up a few things after our brother's funeral yesterday. The wifi was awfully slow.

After my sister boarded her flight, I walked over to TBIT - took less than 10 mins. After checked in at BA counter to vet my passport (no upgrade this time - probably rare from j to f, but I got an upgrade from Lhr to DFW last week from y+ To j which was much appreciated), I took JDiver's suggestion to skip the long security lines above checkin counters and walked to the quieter security near the T4 - TBIT connector. I was a bit worry about getting lost, but it worked like a charm. No one was in line, just me! Then I just followed the signs T4 / TB - it took 5 mins to get to QF first lounge - where I am now. Wifi here is faster than the AC lounge. I had lunch, but I found the food was a bit oily and salty for my taste. Well, no one was at the 15m long bar!

Thanks again to those who replied to my questions.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Just want to update. Am now at Lax waiting for BA flight to Lhr. Everything worked smoothly and well. Thanks to all who replied...
Thanks for the update. It's nice to find out how something worked out after people have gone to the trouble of providing information. (I didn't in this thread, as I don't know much about LAX, but I've tried to in others.) Too many folks don't have the courtesy.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BearX220
No. Your BA BP is good for TBIT access only; nor could your sister access TBIT airside with her AC BP.
Incorrect.

You can access any LAX terminal with a same day boarding pass.
Los Angeles World Airports News Release:

Also, with a same-day boarding pass, travelers can dine or shop at any terminal in the airport, which is a great way to explore all that’s new at LAX, while passing the time before or between flights.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:34 am

Thank you, TWA884. Indeed, I went to both terminals T2 and TBIT without too much hassles. Hope we have more time next time so I can take my sister to other Priority Pass lounges at other LAX terminals.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Which lounge to use at LAX?

On Saturday I will spend a few hours at LAX before leaving with Delta to Vancouver. My understanding is that Delta is still at T5. Wikipedia says "The Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all connected airside" and Priority Pass says I can use either the KAL Lounge in the Tom Bradley International Terminal or the Alaska Lounge in T6. Which one is better if your focus is on quiet to be able to work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.