Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:38 pm

Lounge Access for Economy Traveler? [at LAX]

We will be traveling to New Zealand in about a week, and we have a 9.5 hour layover at LAX between Tucson and Fiji. Erk.

These are economy tickets on Fiji Airways, so we're not automatically eligible for anything. At present we're also not members of any specific travel clubs or credit-card tied benefits that I know of, and we don't do much international traveling so an expensive annual membership doesn't seem worth it.

Does anyone know which lounges offer the ability for ordinary schlubs like us (2 adults) to purchase day passes? Ideally at Tom Bradley Intl but apparently any terminal will do - it's not like we're short on time.

TIA

Last edited by kib1; Oct 17, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
If you're arriving at LAX on UA or AA, your best bet may be the domestic lounges in the terminal you arrive. Not sure I'd want to do anything near 9 hours in one of those, though. With AA you might have soup, cookies or veggies, but don't expect the meal choices you'd have in one of the international lounges.

An AA day pass is $50 per person.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...yPass_FAQs.jsp

Have not seen anyone report that the One World or Star Alliance lounges at TBIT sell day passes. I'd be surprised if they do.

There used to be a paid lounge at TBIT (Relax Lounge) but it's been closed for a while.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Lounge Access for Economy Traveler?

If you have some American Express cards you can use them to get into Delta Skyclubs.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
If you have some American Express cards you can use them to get into Delta Skyclubs.
To use a regular AmEx Centurion or Plat charge card for DL SC lounge access, you must have a same day DL operated flight. The same rule applies to the DL AmEx Reserve card.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Lounge Access for Economy Traveler?

Yes, I forgot that fact. My apologies for the wrong information!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
If you're considering paying $100 anyway for 2 day passes to AA or UA then I'd say that a Priority Pass would be a much more worthwhile investment. It'll get you into the KE lounge at TBIT, the Kabua lounge when you transit Fiji, and the Emperor Lounge in AKL.

Diners Club would get you into the LAX and AKL lounges as well if BMO would ever get their head out of their rear and allow new consumer applications in the US, but for now at least it's not available. Worth keeping an eye on later though, the cards come with a lot of great benefits for far less than Amex Platinum

Last edited by dvs7310; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is no lounge in the world where I would want to spend anywhere near nine hours. Get yourself to Santa Monica and have a stroll and a meal for a start.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LondonElite
There is no lounge in the world where I would want to spend anywhere near nine hours. Get yourself to Santa Monica and have a stroll and a meal for a start.
This.

If you're willing to pay $100 anyways then rent a car for the day (or take taxis), head to the beach, have a decent meal and a decent afternoon.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by dvs7310
If you're considering paying $100 anyway for 2 day passes to AA or UA then I'd say that a Priority Pass would be a much more worthwhile investment.
And if for whatever reason you do decide on the AA lounge, instead of $100 for two day passes, you can spend $99 for one 30-day membership - which will include access for the member plus 1 guest. Besides saving the dollar, you'll have access if you travel again in the next 30 days.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
The lounges you can buy access to are going to be a big disappointment for you. The Star Alliance Lounge is nice but I don't believe you can buy access. As others have suggested, take a cab to Santa Monica and have a nice lunch or dinner.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
For $100 worth in lounge day pass fees, you might as well Hotwire/Priceline a hotel room nearby (or find a room with a day rate).

Go to a hotel lobby to hang out... it's free. If you need food, I'm sure you can find some food that's better than the lounges for under $100.

You can also enjoy an In-n-Out Double-Double for less than $5.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:49 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, kib1!

As your query is specific to lounge access at a particular airport, we'll move this over to the Los Angeles destination forum, which covers all topics pertaining to the LAX airport and the Los Angeles area. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: United 1K; Hilton HHonors Gold; Marriott Platinum
I will be flying on a domestic red eye out of T5 (Delta) around 10 pm. Which PP lounge would be most convenient (and worthwhile) to access?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by S43R
I will be flying on a domestic red eye out of T5 (Delta) around 10 pm. Which PP lounge would be most convenient (and worthwhile) to access?
The Alaska Airlines Board Room in T6 is the only the only Priority Pass lounge at LAX that's accessible to/from Delta's T5 without having to go through TSA screening.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Advise appreciated below.
-----------
Going to LAX from IAH on UA1169
2 Hour connection connecting onto OZ to ICN

Which lounge should I use for First Class within the star network?
How long should I expect to get from the United Terminal to the Tom Bradley terminal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.