Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:45 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
You can buy your way into the AC.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
I get so many bonus signup offers from credit cards that offer club passes, but not sure which one is better, which club in the international terminal others prefer or if a hotel room is preferred for a place to actually stretch out. I obviously might have to pay to get a room, but I think I could get club passes for free by going through cc offers.

BTW, I'll be departing the international terminal on Air Tahiti in case anyone wonders for the sake of proximity to possible lounges in the international terminal. I tend to prefer leaving the main terminal from AA to get into the international side then hang out there.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
You can buy your way into the AC.
Looking for only lounges in the international terminal. It looks like AC is only in terminal 4. I prefer to get out of the main airport terminal, get through security in the international terminal and then relax.

Last edited by Churnman; Jan 27, 2012 at 7:51 am
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Your best bet to relax is buy AC pass. TBIT is extremely boring and no real place to relax except the lounges which can be very crowded at times. There is no hotel connected to LAX. Closest hotels are about a mile away via shuttle.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:50 am

I agree that the international terminal at LAX is one of the most boring places to wait for a flight. I didn't realize the lounges they do have there are so crowded, but it makes sense. I hate traveling through LAX. To me, it's one of the worst airports I go through.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK TBIT has sort of contract lounges for each alliance. They are airside and thus require a boarding pass to access, so if you cannot check in early or get all boarding passes through OLCI, there could be a problem. I suspect that paid day passes are not valid for the TBIT lounges.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You can use the reLAX lounge at TBIT for a $15 - $50 fee - according to the OP, it is accessed near the food court.

If you were flying Air Tahiti Nui's Poerava First or Poerava Business, you would have access to the lounge on the North wing 4th floor that also serves EVA Air, Air India, China Airlines, China Eastern, El Al Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines (and used to serve Mexicana Airlines).

As this concerns lounges at the TBIT / Tom Bradley International Terminal, it's off to the appropriate Forum. JDiver, Moderator

Originally Posted by Churnman
I'll be flying into LAX on AA on July 3 then going to the International Terminal, but have a good 4 1/2 hours that I'd like to stretch out/lie down somewhere before a long flight. What are the lounges like or is there even a decent hotel (that doesn't smell like smoke in the rooms) that is connected that I could get to quickly if it's worth the time?

If there's a particular lounge that's good then I'll look into getting whatever cc offer that may have a one day free access to the club lounge. Also, any ideas on easy ways to get a one day pass would be appreciated.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: corrected "free" to "fee" and number$ - thanks! & add TN lounge info
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver
You can use the reLAX lounge at TBIT for a free - according to the OP, it is accessed near the food court.

As this concerns lounges at the TBIT / Tom Bradley International Terminal, it's off to the appropriate Forum. JDiver, Moderator
For a fee, not for a free
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
I agree that the international terminal at LAX is one of the most boring places to wait for a flight. I didn't realize the lounges they do have there are so crowded, but it makes sense. I hate traveling through LAX. To me, it's one of the worst airports I go through.
Which Air Tahiti Nui flight are you taking? The Paris flight leaves in the middle of the day so you will have the lounge all to yourself. But you must have status or flying Business class to get in.

If you don't have status or is flying economy, your best bet is to buy a day pass at American. It's $50 and you can use it at your original destination as well as at LAX.

If you want to get in American lounge for free, check out the AA forum for the new fancy Citibank credit card that also comes with Admiral Club membership. Or upgrade your Amex Gold to Platinum. Either way, it is $450 for the first year. It's up to you to decide if it is worth it.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
N.B. The first post has been updated and has a list of lounges, locations, hours, etc.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
LAX Lounges question re Air Tahiti Nui flight.

Flying to PPT via Air Tahiti Nui.
Are there any lounges myself and 3 travelling companions can use in LAX for this? I read that you can't use the AA one b/c ATN is not a OW member..

I have the Amex platinum, and by associate the Priority Select pass..
I see a lot of choices in lounges, but if i'm not flying US air, or AF, or AA etc etc.. which one can i use?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:44 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to the Destinations->Los Angeles forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:48 pm

I'm not sure where to post this, sorry if its in the wrong place. I have a layover in LAX and i was wondering if the "SKYTEAM KAL BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE" available with priority pass has free beer/wine? The only current information i can see to find is that its available but it doesn't say if it is complementary. Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:01 pm

I assume you mean the Skyteam lounge inside TBIT? Self-serve beer was free the last time I was there. If you are talking about the Delta lounge in T5, beer is not free.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:32 pm

Yeah, the one in International Terminal. Sorry I didn't specify, thanks for the reply. Does that lounge get super crowded? We are trying to determine if its worth investing in the priory pass to gain access to the Skyteam lounge for our 7 hr layover at LAX for our international flight. my husband does not deal well with crowds and he had a hard time handling the layover we had in BOS last time we had an international flight. I've read that LAX is even worse. Paying the $150 to get him away from all the hustle and bustle seems worth it especially if i can give him a little beer/wine Unless anyone knows of a good place to "hide" in the TBIT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.