Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA, VA, ZL, Priority Club, HH. Rydges.
Very unpractical IMHO. For that money you can easily purchase a day pass for your respective airline club within the secure area. There you will also get assistance regarding your flight which is possibly the biggest perk. Nobody pays for a lounge to get a free soda.

Good point however I was there 9 hours befor my flight and you can only check in to UA upto 4 hours prior, thus unable to pay for the RCC.

Ray
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by g-day
Good point however I was there 9 hours befor my flight and you can only check in to UA upto 4 hours prior, thus unable to pay for the RCC.

Ray
Since when ?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:29 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Since when ?
Normal people (without high UA status) and needing to check a bag have had this limitation at LAX for years now. Sometimes we forget what travel is like without enough FF status.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by g-day
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Since when ?
Originally Posted by number_6
Normal people (without high UA status) and needing to check a bag have had this limitation at LAX for years now. Sometimes we forget what travel is like without enough FF status.
OK, now I'm confused.

I thought it was pretty standard that no one can check a bag outside the four hour-time limit (well, probably GS can ). In fact, I don't even think that rule is UA-specific. Or, am I completely off-base here? How high must your UA status be in order to get around this rule?

Checking in, of course, is an entirely different matter.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Anyone here been in there? I saw that they are joining Priority Pass this month. (I'm probably better off just going out to the One World lounge, but if I have spare time, maybe I'll stop in for a few.)
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Sounds like the TBIT Star Alliance lounge with a bonus of massaging chairs.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Which Travel lounge for Priority Pass Users is preferable @ LAX?

I will be using either the new Relax lounge @ Tom Bradley international terminal or the Kal business lounge in the same terminal.

The relax lounge is landside and the KAL lounge is airside.

Comments? Opinions?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Relax lounge (never have been in) seems to charge for alcohol and most food. The KL lounge isn't very exciting, but "ok enough." They have limited hours, however. (You'll want to check the PP website for updates - the lounge closes mid-day for awhile.)
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Thank you! ^
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:30 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For any added suggestions or opinions, let me move this to our Travel->Los Angeles forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA, VA, ZL, Priority Club, HH. Rydges.
I was stuck at LAX on new years eve for six hours and decided to try the reLAX lounge. It was comfortable, had plenty of PCs and a good view of the tarmac. There were only nibbles, soft drinks, tea and coffee and if you wanted the bathroom you had to go outside into the public area. If I could have checked in for my UA flight I would have gone to the RCC but you can only check in upto three hours before your flight.
If you click the link to my travel photo's below and go to SYD-LAX-SYD, there are some photo's of the lounge.

Ray
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
No bathrooms in the lounge ?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:38 pm

LAX ReLAX Lounge International Terminal

I was wondering if anyone here has visited the ReLAX lounge. Apparently you can access it free with PriorityPass or $10 for 1 hour $25 for 3 hours etc. I think this is an awesome deal because anyone including non travelers can access the lounge and take videos and photos of the airplanes at LAX.

How much do the alcoholic beverages cost? What is the cost of the massage? How are the food items etc? What is your experience.

The website is www.relaxlounge.com Anyways check it out.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Search is your friend...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...t=ReLax+Lounge

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:00 pm

LAX T2 Lounges

Firstly sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, I've not found anything that answers the question elsewhere.

I'm flying from LAX T2 in early Nov on Virgin. Is it possible to purchase a 'day pass', or similar to any of the lounges in T2.

Many thanks

Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.