Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Bump.

And a request for info on the C/J lounge.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 2:42 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Bump.

And a request for info on the C/J lounge.
What info do you want? It has worse food/drink than the temp F lounge (detailed above), is reached by an airside bus (lounge is located in a hangar near TBIT), allow 15+ min each way for the bus. Pretty nice for a temp lounge in a hangar, but not as nice as the old TBIT J lounges were. The new lounges will be ready Fall 2007 and should be quite nice.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Best lounge at LAX?

I'll be flying Y into LAX, on AS, in Jan. and was wondering which airline has the best lounge/club/boardroom? I've heard CO, NW & DL give out free booze. I know about the 'average' UA lounges. How about the AS lounge? Looking more for good snax and wi-fi instead of free booze.

I have an AS lounge pass but would consider buying, or trading for, a different one if one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Phil
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by philemer
I'll be flying Y into LAX, on AS, in Jan. and was wondering which airline has the best lounge/club/boardroom? I've heard CO, NW & DL give out free booze. I know about the 'average' UA lounges. How about the AS lounge? Looking more for good snax and wi-fi instead of free booze.

I have an AS lounge pass but would consider buying, or trading for, a different one if one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Phil
Jan? 2008? OK, I believe you cannot go from terminal to terminal unless you have a flight there. AS lounge has free wine, beer, vodka and your basic snacks, cheese, chips, etc. AA lounge is suppose to be decent. UA lounge is stingy and crowded. More important what airline are you continuing on and why do you need to find a lounge? Layover?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Jan? 2008? OK, I believe you cannot go from terminal to terminal unless you have a flight there. AS lounge has free wine, beer, vodka and your basic snacks, cheese, chips, etc. AA lounge is suppose to be decent. UA lounge is stingy and crowded. More important what airline are you continuing on and why do you need to find a lounge? Layover?
Yes, Jan. 2008. And yes, a 3 hr. layover. Going on to PVR. Looks like I'll use my AS pass. Thanks!!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I can't wait to be able to write a report on the new lounges. ^

Anyone with a more detailed review of the J lounge?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:11 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I can't wait to be able to write a report on the new lounges. ^

Anyone with a more detailed review of the J lounge?
Search and you will find. Several multi-page TBIT J and F lounge reviews are already out there on FT (in the various airline fora). But boring stuff, these aren't in the "best 100 airport lounges in the world" list. The bottom line is that the J/F temp lounges are surprisingly good for a temp lounge (as they should be, costing over USD 10 million for the airlines!) but still crummy (no better and generally worse than the old TBIT lounges). Now the new TBIT lounges should be stunning, and worth writing about (as will the new BA lounges in T5 when they open in 2008, though not many will get access to the nicer BA lounges as they won't be Emerald accessible).
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by number_6
Search and you will find.
Well, the MO of FT seems to be to ask blindly and have the answer be given to you. Why shouldn't I be the beneficiary of that too?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:44 am

Which lounges at LAX have showers?

and when will the renovation be completed?

I am travelling F ORD-LAX-MEL in November and really want to take a shower before the transpacific leg.

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
Having experienced the interim F lounge, I must admit is was overall a decent
place to veg. Beer was cold, and the Heineken bottles were small Dutch-sized so they went down quicker. The sushi was edible with no after-effects and the view was good too.
And there was no wait to go through security for SQ 11 at 12:30 or so.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
Nice work Ice.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
Originally Posted by nigelloring

I am travelling F ORD-LAX-MEL in November and really want to take a shower before the transpacific leg.

Thanks!
TBIT is not great. If you have along connection, walk over to the AA AC and take a proper shower.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:47 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by nigelloring

Thanks!
By Nov 2007 the TBIT lounge renovation is complete, and there will be a single OW lounge at TBIT -- so no more lounge hopping. All lounges will have showers, and be much nicer than the old ones.

None of the temp lounges have showers, so if traveling before fall 2007 you are limited to using the temp lounges. ORD-LAX does arrive at T4 and both AC and FL have showers in T4. MEL flight leaves from TBIT but you can check in with QF at the AC in T4 (you do need to do this, they replace your ORD issued BP with a real QF pass, and failing to do this is big trouble).
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
OAK is even more of a dump but I'll bet the in-n-out burger on hegenberger is a lot closer timewise. There is also a Starbucks, Jamba and Quiznos for those who have had their daily grease ration and don't want to pay ripoff terminal prices.
Sorry, I gotta give this one to LAX. Being able to go onto the Spot shuttle, get off right next to the In-n-Out and watch landings is way better than Oakland and the Walmart

I'm ok with walk in the day, definitely not in the evening though, especially having played roller hockey a block away and seen many a player's car which has been broken into. I also remember the armed guard at the Denny's after a game

If you don't want to walk, you could take the 58 down there, but those are intermittent. Can't really think of a shuttle that will take you right there; VIP is a few blocks away, but that's about it.

On the plus side, Oakland has Wing Stop too, which is pretty good and worth the wait... well sometimes, but if you have the number you can call ahead (and multiply their estimate by 2x at peak periods )
Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Links to pics of the "F" lounge added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.