FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:38 pm
FlyingBear

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
OAK is even more of a dump but I'll bet the in-n-out burger on hegenberger is a lot closer timewise. There is also a Starbucks, Jamba and Quiznos for those who have had their daily grease ration and don't want to pay ripoff terminal prices.
Sorry, I gotta give this one to LAX. Being able to go onto the Spot shuttle, get off right next to the In-n-Out and watch landings is way better than Oakland and the Walmart

I'm ok with walk in the day, definitely not in the evening though, especially having played roller hockey a block away and seen many a player's car which has been broken into. I also remember the armed guard at the Denny's after a game

If you don't want to walk, you could take the 58 down there, but those are intermittent. Can't really think of a shuttle that will take you right there; VIP is a few blocks away, but that's about it.

On the plus side, Oakland has Wing Stop too, which is pretty good and worth the wait... well sometimes, but if you have the number you can call ahead (and multiply their estimate by 2x at peak periods )