Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:51 am
Suspended

Does anyone have pics of this or the F lounge. I was picturing a giant hangar with some leftover parts from a TW L1011 in the corner blocked off with some tables that have surplus peanuts and pretzels leftover when NW decided to go snackless
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:52 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
They seem to be working out the kinks of no invite cards. The evening I was there (October 15), there were several passengers who had connected and already had their boarding passes so had no need to check in at LAX. The bus agent was figuring out a procedure to log their lounge visit to the proper airline so they could go out without a card. I suspect they will have a system to handle this soon. They seemed surprised at first that someone could have checked in somewhere besides LAX.

I think the airlines at TBIT are well aware of the need to issue lounge cards and SQ at least had a detailed sign explaining who got access where and that cards were required.

Charles
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:06 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Does anyone have pics of this or the F lounge. I was picturing a giant hangar with some leftover parts from a TW L1011 in the corner blocked off with some tables that have surplus peanuts and pretzels leftover when NW decided to go snackless
I didn't take pictures. But in my opinion the look is very elegant and relaxing, especially considering the large size. I liked the color schemes and furniture (although I don't know if there are lounge-type chairs for napping). I think the food was a little better than kiwi traveler's initial report (same idea but I saw a bit more variety). You do have to eat on disposable plates with plastic forks and use plastic cups.

And I actually liked the signboard to quietly announce boarding flights. But I agree with the implied suggestion that you should also have an idea when it is going to be time to board. If your airline has staff in the lounge, they can give you an idea when you will be called for boarding. Monitors with flight status would be a nice addition.

For a temporary lounge, I thought they made it nicer than necessary. I would be thrilled to find a lounge of this quality in many airports I visit both here in the USA and abroad.

Charles

Last edited by LAX UA 1K; Oct 22, 2006 at 5:11 am
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:17 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
I would be thrilled to find a lounge of this quality in many airports I visit both here in the USA and abroad.
Perhaps this shows the difference in our travel patterns. I found it a very fourth rate lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
i didn't think it was possible to find a lounge at TBIT worse than Korean Air (sadly shared with Swiss) but it sounds like we have a winner.

Pathetic. Guess I will have to look for int'l flights closer to home as I woould rather sit in the beautiful SFO international terminal any day than suffer through this crap at TBIT. Not to mention the horrid checkin setup, terminal, etc.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
FWIW: The LA Times Biz section on Saturday had a very positive article on the lounge. link
Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please see post #28 in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602997 for my review of the new F lounge.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
If your flight is leavign from one of those remote gates, do you have to go back to Tom Bradley and connect to another bus or are the airlines providing direct bus service to the relevant remote gate?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think you have to go back to the terminal and pick up another bus.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm currently in the F lounge and am underwhelmed. Besides the excellent information given in the link above, the designers have taken no consideration of the fact that many of us need to charge our laptops and phones. There is roughly 1 outlet for every 5 groups of 4 chairs. The larger groups appear to have no outlets available at all. You need to scope out the entire lounge before choosing a place to sit if this matters to you.

Internet costs $7.95/day. Why couldn't it be provided free? After all, we are F passengers.

LH tells me they offer no fast track nor assistance thru security. It is up to me to chose a time to leave the lounge that allows time for the security dance.

Food offerings are negligible; although they always were at Bradley.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:52 pm
DebbieS

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I woould rather sit in the beautiful SFO international terminal
I love SFO... but the last few times I connected there, I ended up in the SQ lounge. It was small and uncomfortable....

Old Oct 24, 2006, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DebbieS
I love SFO... but the last few times I connected there, I ended up in the SQ lounge. It was small and uncomfortable....
Obviously, you haven't been to the interim lounges at LAX TBIT. They make the UA RCC look good.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:55 pm
DebbieS

Originally Posted by TerryK
Obviously, you haven't been to the interim lounges at LAX TBIT. They make the UA RCC look good.
No, I haven't... but my father had the misfortune of departing from TBIT last week. He had no idea how
bad the interim lounge is. He thought anything "new"
shouldn't be too bad... boy, was he wrong...

Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
Consider yourselves lucky. For many of us who are not flying C or F but normally get lounge access with elite status, there is NO lounge access at all for at least the next 8 months. But what the heck, I get a $15 voucher for the shops. Hey, that's enough to buy me a carton of duty free smokes.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:14 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by USDHS1984
Consider yourselves lucky. For many of us who are not flying C or F but normally get lounge access with elite status, there is NO lounge access at all for at least the next 8 months. But what the heck, I get a $15 voucher for the shops. Hey, that's enough to buy me a carton of duty free smokes.
I thought KiwiFlyer or others have posted that elite-based status gets you into the interim J lounge? Or is that airline dependant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.