Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:29 am

ReLAX LAX Lounge Tom Bradley International Terminal Review

Moderator note: ReLAX lounge landside at the Tm Bradley Internation al Terminal (TBIT) is to close end of summer 2013.

I have visited the ReLax Pay-for use lounge at LAX located by the Daily Grill and am writing a review for individuals without membership into a specific airline lounge on a layover or connection. The lounge accepts Priority Pass as well as other memberships. As this lounge is before security you can visit it whether you are traveling or not.

A big thanks goes out to the manager(name not posted due to FT Terms) for giving me two day passes to assist me with the review. I have used one on September 22nd and the other one will be for this Saturday. He is such a great person and has answered a lot of my questions. I contacted him just asking about the new coffee machine and how sad I was to see this lounge being eliminated and he generously offered me access to the lounge. I was not expecting such a generous offer.

At this point the lounge is scheduled to close when the remolding is finished but this may change if the rent can be negotiated.

Their website is:
http://www.relaxloungelax.com/

Cost to Enter:
Up to 1 Hour: $15
2-3 Hours $30
4-5 Hours $40
All Day $50
*The All Day Pass/ Priority Pass comes with complimentary glasses of wine/beer.

Greeting:

After coming up the escalator up to the lounge and passing by Panda Express you are greeted by the large ReLax sign with sliding doors. Note the restrooms are located outside the lounge on the left hand side.

Once you enter the friendly staff will assist you with anything that you may need. The friendly staff manning the front desk also work pouring the wines and beers.

Since there are no windows due to the construction you can easily work on your laptop or take a nap in the new comfortable reclining chairs.

Seating:

You are presented with comfortable reclining easy chairs and a small tables by each reclining chairs with surge protector plugs for your laptop. I was able to fit my laptop on the table. The lounge was not crowded on this Saturday late morning and I was able to put my laptop and grab another table for my food and drinks.

There are also high back chairs which are comfortable as well as regular leather chairs. They look to be designed by Roche Bobois or some other fancy designer. The chairs are so comfortable.

Beer/Wine Selection

The bar offers Heiniken and Amstel Light on draft as the complimentary beer options. You could purchase other beers as well as sparkling water etc. For the wine selection there was Weins Family Cellars from Temecula( Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc), Toad Head , Glen Ellen and Oyster Bay from New Zeland.

I conducted a wine sampling and enjoyed the Weins and Oyster Bay the best.

Non-Alcoholic Beverages:

The lounge offers RC Cola, Diet RC and Diet RC Sprite type of drink as well as juices in the cooler. I enjoy not having to go up to the bar for soda so I can just fill up a plastic cup and enjoy my soda at my leisure. Kudos to the lounge for offering RC most lounges offer Pepsi or Coke.

The new coffee machine makes lattes, Macciahots , regular and decaf coffees as well as espresso etc. The coffee here was better than the coffee at the Admirals Club.

There is also bottled water and fruit cups as well.

Food:

The lounge has snack dispensers with Chex Mix, Cheezeit Crackers , Pretzels, Peanuts. In the cooler there are delicious mini sandwiches such as Turkey, Chicken, Pita with Eggplant. Its quite delicious and filling. Again the food offerings while not as big as some international lounges its better than the Admirals Club or United Club.

They also have cookies and mini pastries as well. You can also purchase noodles and other hot foods. If you are inclined to bring a sandwich from home or from the Daily Grill the lounge does not mind outside food.

WiFi/Computers:

The lounge has a free WiFi code that changes daily. You can find it sitting on some of the tables. Just enter the code and the speed is better than most lounges. There are also desktop computers for those without laptops or for those who do not want to setup their laptops with free internet. There are also printers as well.

The Ambiance:

I love the background music that is not so overwhelming. Its relaxing and I would much rather spend time here then in the crowded terminal.

Grade: A the only negative part is that you have to go outside to use the restroom but its not the fault of the lounge. There are no showers.

What I like about this lounge is that you pay for as much time as you need. You don't have to pay $50 for a full day if you are only going to use it for 2 hours.

The noise level was quiet and I was able to take a nap in the comfortable reclining chairs.

The lounge attendants were always present and pleasant asking what I needed. The service is personalized. I needed to know if my flight was running on time and the kind agent went online and told me it was with a smile and printed out the gate information for me without asking.

I will be visiting the lounge again on Saturday and will update the review and would be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 14, 2013 at 2:04 pm Reason: add moderator note
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:56 am

Good write up on the lounge.

The ReLax Lounge is great - it sounds like it will indeed close when the renovations continue but surely its success will prove that they need a lounge before security that people can pay for. It is certainly worth the price - yes there are some negatives with the restrooms outside and the lack of a view (compared to when it first opened).
Old Oct 20, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
AS moves to Terminal 6

Can a Mod update the first post since AS + Boardroom lounge moved to the renovated Terminal 6 in March?

All-New Alaska Airlines Terminal 6 at LAX
Old May 9, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
im flying air nz premuim econ out of terminal 2, is there anyway into a lounge for me
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It seems this 24 Hour Fitness:

http://www.24hourfitness.com/FindClu...mvc?clubid=122

will sell you a 24 hour membership for $10 (according to the nice lady I spoke with on the phone just now).

Right near the LAX Gateway Sheraton, so a shuttle shouldn't be too much of a problem. Good option for people needing a shower who don't have access to a club with one (like me, coming in from an Arizona camping trip, flying out of T3 on VX).
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:28 am

lounges at the new LAX intl?

Are we getting new lounges as part of the LAX intl remake?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes. Star Alliance and I'm pretty sure OneWorld are both putting new lounges in.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to LAX forum
Obscure. 2K
Travelbuzz Moderator
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
There will be 4 new lounges at the new TBIT facility, with space for a 5th lounge.

OW will have a super lounge that is 50% physically located at the place where the current lounges are located, and 50% in the new TBIT - so it will be roughly the size of the current OW, Star, SkyTeam, and non-aligned lounges combined. Yes, it will be that big.

Star will have the 2nd largest lounge and it will be entirely in the new TBIT building. The best feature is an outdoor observation deck (!!!)

SkyTeam will have a small lounge - but small is relative term. It is located entirely in the new building and over twice the size of existing SkyTeam lounge but is puny compared to new OW lounge.

EK will have its own lounge at the new TBIT that is roughly the same size as SkyTeam.

LAX will hold an empty space in reserve for a 5th lounge.

Here is the link to the map of the new lounges: http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...r%20Insert.pdf

Last edited by bzcat; Jul 8, 2013 at 5:02 pm
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Originally Posted by bzcat
There will be 4 new lounges at the new TBIT facility, with space for a 5th lounge.

OW will have a super lounge that is 50% physically located at the place where the current lounges are located, and 50% in the new TBIT - so it will be roughly the size of the current OW, Star, SkyTeam, and non-aligned lounges combined. Yes, it will be that big.

Star will have the 2nd largest lounge and it will be entirely in the new TBIT building. The best feature is an outdoor observation deck (!!!)

SkyTeam will have a small lounge - but small is relative term. It is located entirely in the new building and over twice the size of existing SkyTeam lounge but is puny compared to new OW lounge.

EK will have its own lounge at the new TBIT that is roughly the same size as SkyTeam.

LAX will hold an empty space in reserve for a 5th lounge.

Here is the link to the map of the new lounges: http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...r%20Insert.pdf
I can't wait for the *A lounge. I'm flying to FRA in September on LH.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by WaxComb
I can't wait for the *A lounge. I'm flying to FRA in September on LH.
Star is supposed to be the first one to open so maybe it will be open by Sept. Star and SkyTeam have to leave their old lounges before OW can demolish the old space and put in their super lounge.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
The Star Alliance Lounge Finder says that Air China has a contract lounge in T2 called NW Lounge. Has anybody here been to it? Is it nice? I assume it stays open until the 1:40 AM departure?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:35 pm

There are 3 lounges in T2: NZ, AC, and AF. Since AF has moved to TBIT, I'm not sure who is the main tenant of this lounge.

CA uses the AC Maple Leafs lounge. In any case, the AC lounge is kind of crappy. If you have Star status, you should head to the NZ lounge.

From the CA website:

6. VIP Lounge
Air China shares a VIP lounge with Air Canada and it is situated next to the Starbucks behind the security check.
Opening Times: until 01:00 am

The Air China VIP Lounge provides services to passengers in First Class and Business Class as well as Phoenix Platinum, Gold and Silver members.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bzcat
There are 3 lounges in T2: NZ, AC, and AF. Since AF has moved to TBIT, I'm not sure who is the main tenant of this lounge.

CA uses the AC Maple Leafs lounge. In any case, the AC lounge is kind of crappy. If you have Star status, you should head to the NZ lounge.

From the CA website:
Do you need status to access the NZ lounge? I am only *S, but I am in CA F, and the *A lounge finder says I can access the NZ lounge, the AC lounge, along with the "NW lounge" which it says is on the 3rd floor of T2. Are you saying I can only access the AC lounge?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by gwar69
Do you need status to access the NZ lounge? I am only *S, but I am in CA F, and the *A lounge finder says I can access the NZ lounge, the AC lounge, along with the "NW lounge" which it says is on the 3rd floor of T2. Are you saying I can only access the AC lounge?
My comment is based on what was published on the Air China website and it says they use the Maple Leafs lounge. "NW lounge" must be the old AF lounge... I don't think it is anything to write home about either. NZ lounge is definitely the nicest one in T2.

That being said, the NZ lounge probably does not open that late (1:30 AM) as the last NZ operated flights leaves at 10:40 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.