FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:56 pm
bzcat

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Churnman
I agree that the international terminal at LAX is one of the most boring places to wait for a flight. I didn't realize the lounges they do have there are so crowded, but it makes sense. I hate traveling through LAX. To me, it's one of the worst airports I go through.
Which Air Tahiti Nui flight are you taking? The Paris flight leaves in the middle of the day so you will have the lounge all to yourself. But you must have status or flying Business class to get in.

If you don't have status or is flying economy, your best bet is to buy a day pass at American. It's $50 and you can use it at your original destination as well as at LAX.

If you want to get in American lounge for free, check out the AA forum for the new fancy Citibank credit card that also comes with Admiral Club membership. Or upgrade your Amex Gold to Platinum. Either way, it is $450 for the first year. It's up to you to decide if it is worth it.