Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 11, 18, 6:23 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Oakshadow
Wiki Link
Priority Pass options (as of 12/6/18)

There are currently 5 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:45 am
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00pm
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 12:00pm-6:00pm
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $30 credit
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 4:00am - 10:00opm - restaurant with $28 credit

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jan 11, 18, 2:18 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SAN
Programs: 1K, *G, 1MM
Posts: 1,211
LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Was flying to KOA via LAX (on UA) and had a layover. Although my friend had arrived from YYZ (via ORD) because her first leg (YYZ-ORD) was not FC she could not get admitted to the UA club lounge. (The longer ORD-LAX leg was FC).

So I used my Priority Pass card (obtained via AMEX Platinum) to gain access to the ASK lounge in Terminal 6 (closest to Terminal 7).

Great lounge for a quick cup of coffee, charge my phone and use the facilities, then nice walk back to Terminal 7, keeps the blood circulating.

Will use the AS lounge for the return flight as well.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Jan 13, 18 at 10:54 am Reason: Fiz the code for Alaska Airlines
Aussienarelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 18, 3:23 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,030
The KAL lounge in TBIT, though a nice space is really lackluster, chips and salsa, a cold pasta salad, and some other basics, poor wine/self service bar. It's pathetic especially since it's Koreans big hub and has many international flights. I'd avoid it. Alaska is a decent lounge that I enjoyed going to when Delta was in T5 and had access with PP or previously with Delta Sky Club membership.

There is a T2 Virgin Atlantic lounge available only in the mornings. Has limited food and beverage offerings unlike when it's closed only to VS pax in the afternoon and evenings which has full bar and table made to order food options.

Given how big the LAX airport is, PP should really get more options that is accessible to each terminal (T1-3 are not connected without a bus)
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 18, 8:30 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: Mileageplus
Posts: 29
I am arriving at LAX at 1230am and my departing flight doesn't leave until 1030am. I have priority pass and I am also star alliance gold. Traveling on United to Guam - so domestic. I need to take a shower during my connection. Is there any priority lounge that has showers open at that time or should I just get a hotel? Would I be able to get into the star alliance lounge? It's going to be a long night :/
Nath36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 18, 11:02 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SAN
Programs: 1K, *G, 1MM
Posts: 1,211
Originally Posted by Nath36 View Post
I am arriving at LAX at 1230am and my departing flight doesn't leave until 1030am. I have priority pass and I am also star alliance gold. Traveling on United to Guam - so domestic. I need to take a shower during my connection. Is there any priority lounge that has showers open at that time or should I just get a hotel? Would I be able to get into the star alliance lounge? It's going to be a long night :/
I am not sure the lounges are open at that time.

Priority Pass: I believe the KAL lounge is the only one with a shower but it does not open until 12 noon.

United: as you are on a domestic flight you will be unable to use the UC lounge unless you pay the one day fee and they do not have a shower.

Star Alliance: I do not believe you are able to gain access unless you are on an international flight, but they do have showers.

A hotel room may be the best option and you would also be able to get some sleep. Many hotels near LAX.
Aussienarelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 18, 1:54 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,030
Yeah, with that kind of layover, I'd get a hotel room nearby.

Alaska lounge in T6 certainly doesn't have a shower, nor the Virgin Atlantic one in T2.

Check the KAL lounge hours in TBIT (you can walk from the T7/8 where United is airside there in about 15 minutes). I feel like they are open in the mornings and do have showers.
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 1:13 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry, SPG/Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD View Post
Yeah, with that kind of layover, I'd get a hotel room nearby.

Alaska lounge in T6 certainly doesn't have a shower, nor the Virgin Atlantic one in T2.

Check the KAL lounge hours in TBIT (you can walk from the T7/8 where United is airside there in about 15 minutes). I feel like they are open in the mornings and do have showers.
I double checked and KAL does not open until noon, as said up-thread.

Thus, I also vote for an airport hotel. Even if you had access to the *A international lounge in TBIT, one of my favorite airport lounges out there, 10 hours is a loooong time.
Gig103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 18, 8:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SNA
Programs: AA PLT, UA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 339
I've thankfully mostly avoided LAX for the past several years, and I have never been in terminal 5. But I have a trip departing from there in a few days, and I'm trying to figure out if there are any lounges I can reasonably access airside with Priority Pass, Amex Platinum, or United Club membership. I know there's the Admiral's Club in T5, but I unfortunately got rid of my Citi AAdvantage Executive card a couple of years ago, so I don't have access (and I'm not sure I care enough to pay for a day pass for both my wife and myself).

Any suggestions?
Cardboard55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 18, 9:04 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,672
Originally Posted by Cardboard55 View Post
I've thankfully mostly avoided LAX for the past several years, and I have never been in terminal 5. But I have a trip departing from there in a few days, and I'm trying to figure out if there are any lounges I can reasonably access airside with Priority Pass, Amex Platinum, or United Club membership. I know there's the Admiral's Club in T5, but I unfortunately got rid of my Citi AAdvantage Executive card a couple of years ago, so I don't have access (and I'm not sure I care enough to pay for a day pass for both my wife and myself).

Any suggestions?
TBIT, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are all connected via airside passageways. Either the Alaska lounge (priority pass) or United Club are your best options.
krazykanuck and Cardboard55 like this.
dylanks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 18, 12:00 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 346
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD View Post
The KAL lounge in TBIT, though a nice space is really lackluster, chips and salsa, a cold pasta salad, and some other basics, poor wine/self service bar. It's pathetic especially since it's Koreans big hub and has many international flights. )
Agree completely. Doesn't AF /KAL care about how bad this is?
ente_09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 5:36 am
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 40,182
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post


TBIT, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are all connected via airside passageways. Either the Alaska lounge (priority pass) or United Club are your best options.
I was unimpressed with the LAX Alaska lounge a few weeks ago. Small, crowded and not much food on offer.
dhuey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 11:10 am
  #11  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IAH
Programs: DL/UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Plat, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Posts: 7,303
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
Either the Alaska lounge (priority pass) or United Club are your best options.
I'd definitely vote for the United Club. It's big, airy, rather new, and has the improved food offerings. Only thing that the Alaska Lounge has over the UC is a better selection of complimentary beer.

They're both rather conveniently located if you're using the inter-terminal connectors, the Alaska Lounge being right at the top of the escalator from the walkway to T5, and the United Club is right next to the walkway from T6.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jan 24, 18 at 11:17 am
krazykanuck is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 18, 1:28 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,030
The Alaska Lounge in T6 is basic but decent. Best parts are the Bloody Mary's and draft beer selection. Unfortunately Bailey's is premium. The food options are limited (better than the old school NW/DL lounges) in that there's a pancake machine in the morning, some soup and basic salad for lunch and dinner. Some fresh fruit and newspapers.
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 18, 6:44 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA
Programs: AS - Gold; B6 - Mosaic; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire; SPG - Platinum; Marriott - Platinum
Posts: 12,618
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post


I was unimpressed with the LAX Alaska lounge a few weeks ago. Small, crowded and not much food on offer.
If you want something beyond soup and salad, this club sells actual meals (pizza, etc.).
Points Scrounger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 18, 8:29 pm
  #14  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 40,182
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
If you want something beyond soup and salad, this club sells actual meals (pizza, etc.).
Actual meals are also available in several airside restaurants in the terminal, and they're probably tastier. I'll go that route next time.
dhuey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 18, 12:10 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SNA
Programs: AA PLT, UA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 339
Just to follow up from my inquriy earlier in the thread, we did end up just eating and hanging out at a restaurant in the terminal rather than schlepping to any of the lounges from T5. I didn't have a good feel for how long the walk would take, and I was worried that we'd end up gettin over there, sitting for 10 minutes, and then having to head back. Which is definitely not worth it...
Cardboard55 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: