Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by chx1975
Wikipedia says "The Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all connected airside"...
Correct, through tunnels between terminals 4, 5 and 6, above ground hallways between terminals 6, 7 and 8, and a relatively new above ground connector between terminal 4 and TBIT.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chx1975
On Saturday I will spend a few hours at LAX before leaving with Delta to Vancouver. My understanding is that Delta is still at T5. Wikipedia says "The Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all connected airside" and Priority Pass says I can use either the KAL Lounge in the Tom Bradley International Terminal or the Alaska Lounge in T6. Which one is better if your focus is on quiet to be able to work?
I like KAL lounge at TBIT. It has better natural lighting too if you are there during daytime.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
After landing at TBIT, I'd like a shower before my (separate ticket) connection to PHX.

Opt 1) Fly DL b/c my Amex allows me lounge access
Opt 2) Fly AA (status, free bags) and walk back to TBIT for the KAL lounge via my Priority Pass. It's also a longer layover.

So, how far is that walk?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
It should take no longer than five minutes to walk between any two adjacent terminals at LAX. AA operates out of T4 and T6; some of the PHX flights are operated by American Eagle which necessitates a bus ride from either T4 or T6 to the remote terminal. Delta operates out of T5.

TBIT and T4 through T8 are now connected behind security. Take a look at the Wikipost in the 2017 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread for more details.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:29 am
formerly bbrantley

Hey all,

Okay, I read a few hundred posts, but I can't find my exact scenario. Lemme just throw it out there so you experts can tell me what to do:

Arriving into LAX 0630am on UA business class from SYD. I will connect through to DEN on a first class UA segment later in the morning -- or afternoon, if I need to. My priority is to get a shower and have time to freshen up. I am GS/*G and also have priority pass.

Which shower should/can I use?

What's the min time you'd allow for the connection given the above?

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by bbrantley
Hey all,

Okay, I read a few hundred posts, but I can't find my exact scenario. Lemme just throw it out there so you experts can tell me what to do:

Arriving into LAX 0630am on UA business class from SYD. I will connect through to DEN on a first class UA segment later in the morning -- or afternoon, if I need to. My priority is to get a shower and have time to freshen up. I am GS/*G and also have priority pass.

Which shower should/can I use?

What's the min time you'd allow for the connection given the above?

Thanks!
Your UA flight from SYD will most likely clear immigration and custom at TBIT due to the early arrival time. Your DEN flight will depart from T7.

If you are US citizen, I think you need at least 2 hours for this connection, 2:30 to be safe. If you have Global Entry and no check luggage, less time is possible but probably not worth the gamble.

If you are not US citizen, I wouldn't do it for anything less than 3 hours.

As *G and traveling on a Star airline (UA), you should be able to access the Star lounge at TBIT, which has a shower. Or the KE lounge at TBIT which accepts priority pass.

Once you clear custom at TBIT, there is a TSA check point just outside the secured area. You can reenter TBIT there with your UA DEN boarding pass and then go upstairs to the lounge. From TBIT, you can walk to T7 without leaving security but it involves several change of elevations and detour to the middle of T4. Or you can exit TBIT after your shower and walk landside to T7 and take your chance with TSA line at T7.

Last edited by bzcat; Feb 6, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:16 pm
formerly bbrantley

Thanks, bzcat, sounds promising if a little bit of a schlep through all the terminal connectors back to T7. I usually am up for a bit of leg-stretching after the flight, though, so maybe that's not so bad.

Originally Posted by bzcat
If you are US citizen, I think you need at least 2 hours for this connection, 2:30 to be safe. If you have Global Entry and no check luggage, less time is possible but probably not worth the gamble.

If you are not US citizen, I wouldn't do it for anything less than 3 hours.
Yeah, I'm a US citizen and have global entry and no checked bags, but I'd prefer not to be in a rush. Are you suggesting the 2:30 to make the connection without the shower and schlepping, or are you including that in your estimate? I'm assuming the former... but my handful of experiences at LAX have been so poor that maybe I'm just being needlessly pessimistic.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:27 pm

I have made it off business class from int'l flights to curb side TBIT in 15 minutes without checked luggage so it is possible with GE. Immigration at TBIT is usually not the problem now that we have kiosk and GE. The problem is waiting for luggage and then queues to get out of custom. If you can go without check luggage, your odds improves significantly.

2.5 hours is a safe margin if you have no GE and has to wait for luggage and can't walk to the next terminal. If you have GE, no checked luggage, can walk at a decent pace, and can navigate LAX terminals without accidentally leaving the secured area, I think you can do this in less than 2 hours, which will give you enough time to shower and grab some breakfast while you are at it.

But that is assuming your flight lands on time... it's probably a decent bet but still a bet.

Last edited by bzcat; Feb 7, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Best PriorityPass Lounge @ LAX?

Hey everyone!

I've got a redeye coming up in a couple of days out of LAX at around midnight, so I'm looking for a lounge to hang in beforehand (have some time to kill at the airport). My flight will be out of T2, and i've had a decent experience at the AC lounge, but am wondering if its worth venturing to the KAL lounge in TBIT or the Loft in T3? Any thoughts/opinions? I've also got a couple of UA Club passes - how are the new Clubs in T7/8?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:14 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this query is specific to the lounges in the LAX airport, we will move this over to the Los Angels destination forum. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Hey everyone!

I've got a redeye coming up in a couple of days out of LAX at around midnight, so I'm looking for a lounge to hang in beforehand (have some time to kill at the airport). My flight will be out of T2, and i've had a decent experience at the AC lounge, but am wondering if its worth venturing to the KAL lounge in TBIT or the Loft in T3? Any thoughts/opinions? I've also got a couple of UA Club passes - how are the new Clubs in T7/8?
The Loft is a "dying lounge" and not worth a visit. The KE lounge @ TBIT has hour limitations now for PP cardholders, so you may want to check. Although it is a pleasant space, the F&B options are quite weak. The AS Lounge in T6 is a pleasant enough space but not worth the trip.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Hey everyone!

If you are a Star G then the Star Alliance lounge is pretty good in TBIT.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:36 pm
formerly bbrantley

Just to close the loop on this, I transited LAX yesterday inbound from Sydney on UA. Our flight landed just before 6am, so we cleared immigration right as it opened at 6, I turned around and went right back through security (no issues with my domestic, terminal 7 BP), and then spent about 15 minutes wandering until I found the *G lounge upstairs. The lounge was open, empty, and the shower was great.

As it happens, with no checked bags and GE, and now knowing the route, I would feel comfortable making it in two hours assuming the inbound was reliable. But I went with a four hour connection since I wasn't in a hurry.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The Loft is a "dying lounge" and not worth a visit. The KE lounge @ TBIT has hour limitations now for PP cardholders, so you may want to check. Although it is a pleasant space, the F&B options are quite weak. The AS Lounge in T6 is a pleasant enough space but not worth the trip.
I can't imagine the Korean lounge at LAX enforces any time restriction. The staff is so indifferent that you could pass away, and it would be a week before anybody notices.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jaymar01
I can't imagine the Korean lounge at LAX enforces any time restriction. The staff is so indifferent that you could pass away, and it would be a week before anybody notices.
I went there at 1130a and they let me in on PP even though the hours say 1200p. Probably also wasn't that big a deal as it was empty and the agent saw my flight boarding in 20 minutes, so I guess they wanted the revenue from PP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.