Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by BayAreaPilot
Does Air China have a lounge in LAX terminal 2? If not, how late do the *A lounges stay open? I'm guessing nowhere near late enough for the Air China 1:40am departure to PEK.
I've never been in T2 after midnight so can't answer definitively - but I recall an Air China sign on the wall outside the NZ lounge - I assume Air China lease/use the lounge for their passengers. (there are no NZ flights at that time)
Old Oct 23, 2008, 3:53 am

Programs: QF WP; HHonours
lax lounge qf tbit and aa t4

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I'll be flying and departing terminal 4 lax onward to brisbane.

I have a few hours delay.

My query is am I able to go thru. tbit to use the combined qf/ba,etc. lounge for some of that time and closer to departing return to t4 and use the admirals lounge? My access to either lounge isn't an issue, it's going thru. security in another terminal than dep. terminal I've not done before.

Time, as I said, isn't an issue and I would leave tbit to return about 3 hrs. prior to flt.

My boarding passes are usually done at first dep., in this instance, okla. city.
thank you.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
reLAX Lounge - Tom Bradley Terminal

Saw this in the LA Times:

"Relax, coach passengers. The sleek, comfy ReLAX Lounge, which opened recently at Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal at LAX, offers some sorely needed perks - at a price, of course. For $25 you get three hours of free Wi-Fi, Internet, beverages, snacks, fresh fruit, big-screen TV viewing and more. Through nearly floor-to-ceiling windows, you can gawk at jets taxiing between runways and, often, giant Airbus A380s, which park outside during turnarounds. The upholstered armchairs, many covered in white leather, are divine. (Alas, no couches). A nice luxury: For $1 per minute, you can buy massages in massage chairs. Because the lounge is outside security, friends and family can join you if they pay the $25 fee. Look for the lounge next to the Daily Grill on the mezzanine level of the Tom Bradley terminal. Open 8a.m. to 1a.m. daily. Info (310) 590-7581, www.relaxloungelax.com"

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:37 am

Programs: QF PS, AA
LAX - 8 hour layover / lounge access

A group of friends have a 8 hour connection at LAX next week and asked my advice in relation to lounge access. They will be arriving from Vancouver on Alaska Airlines via Terminal 3 and departing to Fiji on Air Pacific via Tom Bradley International Terminal. They do not have access to the lounges in TBIT. I am assuming that the transfer from T3 to TBIT will not involve clearing immigration and they would remain airside. I suggested that they could purchase day passes at the Admirals Club in Terminal 4 if they are able to access T4 from TBIT while remaining airside. I have searched re transfer from TBIT to T4 without finding a definitive answer and was wondering if anyone can advise if it is possible to go from TBIT to T4 whilst airside.

Advice would be gratefully received.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:00 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will not be able to access the AC in terminal 4 since they do not have an AC membership nor boarding pass for a T4 flight. There is no direct airside connection between TBIT and T4 or T3 for that matter.

I suggest they visit the Alaska Board Room in T3. AS sells day-passes.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
They will clear immigration in Vancouver on departure, and arrive in T3. There is no airside link between T3 and TBIT, and no way to get into T4 for the AC.

With 8 hours, I suggest they grab a cheap rental car and spend the day in LA...
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
While I agree with the rental car idea, if they really want a lounge, why not the AS Board Room in T-3? Since they will clear immigration in Canada, they should just deplane at a gate and have access to the Board Room. Day passes are $30 each instead of $50, and I think they get free drinkies (not sure about that).
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA 2P, Bonvoy Gold
There are better options (I'm an AC member and even I would not spend the 7-8 hours at the AC club, though it's one of their better ones), such as:

1. Encounter LAX -- kitchy, fun, and great views
2. Taxi to Manhattan Beach -- 15 minutes ride south. Petros has great greek food and MB is nice to walk around... go out on the pier.
3. Taxi to Marina del Rey -- 15 minutes ride north. Lot's of choices right on the waterfront...

Just my 2 cents..
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Cabs and rental cars are expensive...there are other cheaper options that I always recommend to my friends who thank me later for giving them great "local" advice.

1. From your terminal, hop onto the free shuttle that takes you to the LAX Transit Center.

2. From the LAX Transit Center, hop onto to the Culver City Bus #6 (75 cents + 25 cents for inter-agency transfer) which will take you all the way to Westwood and UCLA. Go Bruins! (Yes, I am a Bruin). Places to visit: UCLA Bruins Store @ Ackerman Union, In 'N Out Burger on Gayley Ave.

3. After your short visit to UCLA, get on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus Line 3 (use the inter-agency transfer you bought at step 2) from UCLA to Santa Monica. Places to visit: Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica Pier, Walk the beach sidewalk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach

4. From Venice Beach, take Culver City Line 1 and change over to Culver City Line 6 at Sepulveda/Washington (75 cents, request the free transfer ticket upon boarding Line 1) to get back to LAX Transit Center.

Total cost of trip: $1.75 per person

Last edited by kebosabi; Dec 19, 2008 at 11:22 am
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Cabs and rental cars are expensive...there are other cheaper options that I always recommend to my friends who thank me later for giving them great "local" advice.
For reasons that I don't entirely understand, LAX often seems to be the cheapest place in the world to rent a car. I have paid $12.95/day there frequently, and can't remember paying over $20 per day (base rate- taxes & fees extra). Having a car gives more flexibility than relying on mass transit. I would certainly check car rental rates beforehand, and perhaps try bidding on Priceline. Try Alamo, Thrifty, Dollar, etc. Remember, the OP's friends seem willing to pony up $50 apiece to get into the Admiral's club.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Eight hours is plenty of time for a great experience for FTers. Rent a car and go to the Reagan Library, about 45 minutes drive. Reagan's AF1 is there (I think that it was the last 707 before the current 747), and you can walk through it. Spectacular!!!

I did this last time I connected through LAX, connecting AA domestic to AA international. I, too, had eight hours, and there was plenty of time. I toured the entire Reagan Library, Air Force 1 wing, his gravesite, and still had time for a shower at the Admirals Club on returning to LAX before my flight to LHR.

Here's a picture.

You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Dec 20, 2008 at 5:38 am Reason: Added link to picture.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by gemac
For reasons that I don't entirely understand, LAX often seems to be the cheapest place in the world to rent a car. I have paid $12.95/day there frequently, and can't remember paying over $20 per day (base rate- taxes & fees extra). Having a car gives more flexibility than relying on mass transit. I would certainly check car rental rates beforehand, and perhaps try bidding on Priceline. Try Alamo, Thrifty, Dollar, etc. Remember, the OP's friends seem willing to pony up $50 apiece to get into the Admiral's club.
Really? Since I have never rented a car from LAX, I never knew rental cars were cheap where I live. Must be the car-loving culture of LA

If that is the case, if you're traveling with a group, a rental car might be the way to go since you can split the tab of the rental car, parking fees, and gas. But if you're travelling alone, the bus might be a cheaper option.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not only are rentals practically free, but parking is as well. I can't tell you how many times I've been in LA, parked somewhere all afternoon, reached for my wallet at the parking lot booth, and been asked for $2. Or the valet wants $6. It's amazing.

The only downside to renting is that you have to pad extra time in for the car return, which on top of the extra time you had to pad in for potential traffic on the 405, could really cut into an 8 hour layover.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, AS MVP Gold. Happily ex-1K, ex-Exec Plat, ex-DL Diamond for 5 years each
I'm surprised no FTers have yet suggested the Parking Spot shuttle to the Sepulveda In-n-Out ^ -- 8 hours is a long layover, so I suppose it would be possible to eat TWO meals there!

I've been sent to LA on and off for work, usually living there for a few months at a time. Getting in and out of LAX with a rental car can be confusing for those unfamiliar with the area (though the rest of LA is relatively easy to navigate); this should be factored into the time crunch.

If you're willing to deal, as somebody who has been a perpetual out-of-towner in LA, I'll echo that there are MANY fine tourist options available with a rental car.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by gemac
The OP is from Australia so would also have to pay CDW and liability insurance. If I have a layover in LAX, I also use public transport to get to either the Culver City mall or maybe downtown LA depending on where I want to shop. Other thing to note is baggage storage is with a private company and very expensive so best if you can check your bags all the way to final destination after customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.