FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:16 am
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Cabs and rental cars are expensive...there are other cheaper options that I always recommend to my friends who thank me later for giving them great "local" advice.

1. From your terminal, hop onto the free shuttle that takes you to the LAX Transit Center.

2. From the LAX Transit Center, hop onto to the Culver City Bus #6 (75 cents + 25 cents for inter-agency transfer) which will take you all the way to Westwood and UCLA. Go Bruins! (Yes, I am a Bruin). Places to visit: UCLA Bruins Store @ Ackerman Union, In 'N Out Burger on Gayley Ave.

3. After your short visit to UCLA, get on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus Line 3 (use the inter-agency transfer you bought at step 2) from UCLA to Santa Monica. Places to visit: Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica Pier, Walk the beach sidewalk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach

4. From Venice Beach, take Culver City Line 1 and change over to Culver City Line 6 at Sepulveda/Washington (75 cents, request the free transfer ticket upon boarding Line 1) to get back to LAX Transit Center.

Total cost of trip: $1.75 per person

Last edited by kebosabi; Dec 19, 2008 at 11:22 am