FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:13 pm
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by gemac
For reasons that I don't entirely understand, LAX often seems to be the cheapest place in the world to rent a car. I have paid $12.95/day there frequently, and can't remember paying over $20 per day (base rate- taxes & fees extra). Having a car gives more flexibility than relying on mass transit. I would certainly check car rental rates beforehand, and perhaps try bidding on Priceline. Try Alamo, Thrifty, Dollar, etc. Remember, the OP's friends seem willing to pony up $50 apiece to get into the Admiral's club.
Really? Since I have never rented a car from LAX, I never knew rental cars were cheap where I live. Must be the car-loving culture of LA

If that is the case, if you're traveling with a group, a rental car might be the way to go since you can split the tab of the rental car, parking fees, and gas. But if you're travelling alone, the bus might be a cheaper option.