Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:08 pm

TrueBlue points + fee cost?

Removing the question.

Last edited by AnneandEric; Apr 19, 2023 at 2:36 pm
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:16 pm

Guys - an I right that JetBlue doesn’t allow changing just a date on the reservation and you have to cancel and rebook the whole trip? Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The opposite is true. JetBlue will let you rebook to a different date, but if you try to change the origin or the destination, it would make you cancel and rebook the whole trip.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by diburning
The opposite is true. JetBlue will let you rebook to a different date, but if you try to change the origin or the destination, it would make you cancel and rebook the whole trip.
so I could change just the departure date and keep the return date and the assigned seats?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes. Just click on Change. Fare difference will apply. If you have a Basic ticket, it is not changeable.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:48 am

Guys - I booked a flight using miles and $50 taxes JFK-GUA. When I go to change just the departure date, it says it's $20.70 more - not a big deal but just odd for it to ask for cash when I can see separately that the points required for the departure date are the same for the date I'm changing to. Just curious...thanks
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - I booked a flight using miles and $50 taxes JFK-GUA. When I go to change just the departure date, it says it's $20.70 more - not a big deal but just odd for it to ask for cash when I can see separately that the points required for the departure date are the same for the date I'm changing to. Just curious...thanks
This doesn't sound right, so I have two things...

(1) Can you share a screenshot? This sounds like the award booking fee they "accidentally" set live a year or two ago. I wonder if you caught them at something.

(2) Have you tried calling to speak with an agent? They should be able to process it correctly.

Though now that I think about it, I thought you couldn't change award tickets...

ETA: well it looks like you can in fact change award bookings online now. This is a major program enhancement! This thread never ceases to amaze me in that this is a bigger source of program updates and news than even JetBlue sources. What's most interesting is that my 6800-point MCO-JFK ticket is valued at $87.44 (+$5.60 = $93.04), and they are now coming up with $21.46 in taxes and fees for the new flight, resulting in a final total of $15.86. This might be worthy of its own thread, but what's the point of that when none of it makes sense anyway...

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Apr 25, 2023 at 8:08 am
Old Apr 28, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
(Post moved from AA thread to here, as it's a JB flight).

I booked a BOS to ATL flight via the AA website (on a JB flight, Blue) for our family of 4. As soon as I booked, I called AA and was able to get us seats, which show up on my JB app. While my assigned seats show up in the JB app, the seatmap does not. I had a similar situation in March of this year (I flew solo), JB flight, booked through AA, and after about a week, the seatmap finally showed up in the JB app. I had no issue moving myself to the EMS seats 24 hours prior to check-in, and my boarding pass was updated correctly as well.

Is this delay in seatmap typical if you book via AA? Should I have just booked through the JB website and linked our AA numbers instead? I am within the 24 hours after booking timeline and was wondering if I should cancel and just rebook through JB. Thanks in advance.
Old May 3, 2023, 10:35 am

When you cancel bookings made with Chase UR points, does the refund also go to the Jetblue travel bank?
Old May 3, 2023, 12:13 pm

I booked a Jet Blue basic ticket and there are only 4 Core seats to book. If I wait to check in for my flight, will I be assigned an Even More Space seat?
Old May 3, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by marlin
I booked a Jet Blue basic ticket and there are only 4 Core seats to book. If I wait to check in for my flight, will I be assigned an Even More Space seat?
Probably. There are also certain rows blocked off and held for the airport, so you might get one of those. I'm not sure what they are these days but it's usually the last row and then row 6 or somewhere thereabouts (first row behind EMS).

-J.
marlin likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 9:33 am

The last row is held for any unaccompanied minors that are put on the flight so the FA working the aft galley can "supervise" them. The seats can be released at the airport, 3 is the max UM's that can be carried per flight.
Old May 12, 2023, 7:05 pm

Hi, I am new to Jetblue and had a few questions --

the credit card gives bonus points (60k) but doesn't say anything about if those also convert into tiles? any idea if that's likely to happen? trying to jump into status quicker.

is there a way to code-share and select different fare classes, and/or select upgraded seats? It was for an Hawaiian Airlines flight, with one of the legs being JetBlue.

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Merek
Hi, I am new to Jetblue and had a few questions --

the credit card gives bonus points (60k) but doesn't say anything about if those also convert into tiles? any idea if that's likely to happen? trying to jump into status quicker.

is there a way to code-share and select different fare classes, and/or select upgraded seats? It was for an Hawaiian Airlines flight, with one of the legs being JetBlue.

Thanks!
TrueBlue points don't convert into tiles. Tiles are earned at a rate of $100 spent on tickets/$1000 spend on the credit card.
https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/tiles

I'm not sure what you're asking re: different fare classes. While fare classes exist for JetBlue fares, they're completely obfuscated from the customer and I've never had a scenario where you could buy a specific fare class. I would expect a phone agent to be able to see you a mixed cabin B6/HA itinerary where inventory exists.
Old May 20, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
After the divorce

After the anti-trust decision, will we still get to use AAdvantage miles for JetBlue flights? And particularly out of BOS? Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.