Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
If you use the JB CC to pay for the taxes on the award tickets, would it not give you the free checked luggage?

I am not very familiar with this but that is how it works at Delta -- actually if you have a DL Amex (gold or higher) at all linked to your account, you get a free bag. I recently purchased a DL award ticket and paid the taxes with my CSR, but still get a free bag. But I have experience with the Amex only from when that was my only credit card.

-J.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
If you use the JB CC to pay for the taxes on the award tickets, would it not give you the free checked luggage?

I am not very familiar with this but that is how it works at Delta -- actually if you have a DL Amex (gold or higher) at all linked to your account, you get a free bag. I recently purchased a DL award ticket and paid the taxes with my CSR, but still get a free bag. But I have experience with the Amex only from when that was my only credit card.

-J.
You have to be on the reservation to get the free bags, and you have to pay with the JetBlue credit card. If I split my reservation to 2 award seats and 2 paid seats, I would lose the free bags on the second reservation.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
You have to get to section #3 of the booking process, after #2 which is picking the seats, before B6 asks how you wish to pay for the flight.
The fare for points gives me a decent value of 1.8 cents per point. If I split 4 seats and pay with points and cash, the value of the points plummets massively. It is not worth it to use the points in this fashion.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Vesalius
You have to be on the reservation to get the free bags, and you have to pay with the JetBlue credit card. If I split my reservation to 2 award seats and 2 paid seats, I would lose the free bags on the second reservation.
Even on an award booking, the taxes will have to be paid with a credit card. Are you saying that even if you use the JB CC to pay for that, it won't count? I didn't know that.

-J.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Even on an award booking, the taxes will have to be paid with a credit card. Are you saying that even if you use the JB CC to pay for that, it won't count? I didn't know that.

-J.
Correct. It won't count unless the cardholder is a passenger on the PNR regardless of whether it's paid or award
Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
Correct. It won't count unless the cardholder is a passenger on the PNR regardless of whether it's paid or award
Thanks for clearing that up. Boo!

-J.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:26 am

How late can you look at the seating chart for Jet Blue if I wanted to change seats? I know it's different for every air line.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I think the answer to your question also varies depending on the route. I would expect you to be able to view the seat map in the following scenarios:
  • Any flight when trying to purchase a ticket via the website or app (30 mins prior to departure for domestic, 60 mins for international).
  • During check in or re-check in via the website or app (20-60+ minutes before departure depending on the route).
  • At any time prior to departure by looking at the seat map displayed on the monitors at the gate.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:30 am

Folks - after security how long is the walk to gate B11. Running late for a flight thanks
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam007
Folks - after security how long is the walk to gate B11. Running late for a flight thanks
Several hours. Or less than a minute. Depends on which airport you are clearing security

-J.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:46 am

Several hours. Or less than a minute. Depends on which airport you are clearing security

-J.
stupid me! It’s SFO
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:02 pm

Guys - I have my global entry number on the JetBlue reservation and TSA pre showed up fine on my incoming flight JFK-SFO. On the outgoing at SFO, it didn’t and TSA sent me back to the JetBlue counter- they checked everything and said it’s fine but still no PRE sign on the boarding pass. Why does this occur? Also if I had the physical global entry card, would TSA have let me through? Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - I have my global entry number on the JetBlue reservation and TSA pre showed up fine on my incoming flight JFK-SFO. On the outgoing at SFO, it didn’t and TSA sent me back to the JetBlue counter- they checked everything and said it’s fine but still no PRE sign on the boarding pass. Why does this occur? Also if I had the physical global entry card, would TSA have let me through? Thanks
PreCheck is ***never*** guaranteed. Even with the service you may be randomly selected to not receive it once in a while. There is nothing JetBlue could do to force it to show up. Your physical GE card would not have helped.

It's just like you can randomly get SSSS, just not as bad.

-J.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Bonvoy
Using the app, I’ve been able to change seats without an error occurring up to about 20 minutes before boarding (about an hour before departure). Once the gate agents start calling people up by name to the desk, it will be too late.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: Free agent
I'm seeing ~$2200 Mint RT fares for NYC/BOS-LON in Spring 2024. Is that the usual fare or is this lower than people have seen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.